Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No, the fan is even worse on the pro.

I think it depends on the model, no? Early Pros, yeah the fan is awful, but I thought newer models of it were supposed to be a lot better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Penn wrote: »
    I think it depends on the model, no? Early Pros, yeah the fan is awful, but I thought newer models of it were supposed to be a lot better?

How does one tell the difference between an old and new model of Pro?

duploelabs wrote: »
    How does one tell the difference between an old and new model of Pro?

The changes are all internal, but the model number should be on the back of the Pro along with serial number etc.

The original (noisy) model is CUH-7100. The revised model is CUH-7200.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-playstation-4-pro-cuh-7200-review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Anyone having any problems with the new System Update 8.0 Beta?

Since I downloaded it, FIFA20 has been constantly freezing. I rolled back the system update, but it was still happening.

I re-installed FIFA 20, and now it won't start at all. Nightmare......:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No, the fan is even worse on the pro.

Annoying as I paid 100e in the swap deal a few years ago. Seems I paid 100e for the same machine as the new one was no better.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The only thing I've been playing on Software 8.0 beta 2 and beta 3 has been GTA V and it's been fine, no hassle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

anyone ever bought and then replaced the battery in a controller? Think the one i got with the console is knackered. I can play with it charging, but once its no longer charging it goes down to 1 bar in about an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lads I bought the deluxe edition of Rage 2 when it was on offer a few weeks ago but I only have the standard edition in my library, my email shows I bought the deluxe but on the store it even says I can’t purchase the deluxe but lets me download the normal edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Lads I bought the deluxe edition of Rage 2 when it was on offer a few weeks ago but I only have the standard edition in my library, my email shows I bought the deluxe but on the store it even says I can’t purchase the deluxe but lets me download the normal edition?

Does it have the DLC in it in the library.

Rise of the Ghosts Expansion
    Wasteland Wizard Cheat Codes
    Battle Standard
    Progress Booster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Varik wrote: »
    Does it have the DLC in it in the library.

Rise of the Ghosts Expansion
    Wasteland Wizard Cheat Codes
    Battle Standard
    Progress Booster

Figured it out. Had to link a Bethesda account in order to get access to the DLC.
    Thanks though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

anyone ever bought and then replaced the battery in a controller? Think the one i got with the console is knackered. I can play with it charging, but once its no longer charging it goes down to 1 bar in about an hour.

Looks easy
    https://youtu.be/OFBDYIH2xXg

I did a switch thumb stick which was far more awkward. The battery looks as simple as you could hope for

have a standard PS4 slim, fan going mental making so much noise. Cleaned it out about 2 weeks ago and didnt help.

Went and bought the below stands and they work wonders! no rattle or anything now!

UD73orG.jpg

pxltnQEl.jpg

Got them here, ordered on thursday and had them delivered through parcel motel on sunday morning.

have a standard PS4 slim, fan going mental making so much noise. Cleaned it out about 2 weeks ago and didnt help.

Went and bought the below stands and they work wonders! no rattle or anything now!

UD73orG.jpg

pxltnQEl.jpg

Got them here, ordered on thursday and had them delivered through parcel motel on sunday morning.

Did you give the ducts a good blast of air too?

After my PS4 being very quiet for several weeks after replacing the thermal paste, Avengers has started making the fans go loud again. Maybe it's because you spend so much time in menus again.

It's not as loud as it was, but yeah, seems like replacing the paste is just a temp fix.

Did you give the ducts a good blast of air too?

Had no compressed air, so hoover had to do. Did what i could with a few cotton buds and the hoover. Yes its still a mess, but its a lot smoother sounding now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

After my PS4 being very quiet for several weeks after replacing the thermal paste, Avengers has started making the fans go loud again. Maybe it's because you spend so much time in menus again.

It's not as loud as it was, but yeah, seems like replacing the paste is just a temp fix.

Welcome back to the Jet Engine age!

Welcome back to the Jet Engine age!

WHAT??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tony Hawk's is making my fans go mental. Starts if i browse the menu and continues over to game. Well eventually go quiet (not very quiet) but menus drive it made again. That is one soundtrack you do not want drowned out by stupid noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

WHAT??

Same happened me, replace paste, quiet PS4, few weeks later it's back to being like a Jet Engine. I was welcoming you back to that. It made more sense in my head when I wrote it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Same happened me, replace paste, quiet PS4, few weeks later it's back to being like a Jet Engine. I was welcoming you back to that. It made more sense in my head when I wrote it.

I think Penn couldn't hear you over his fan noise :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you use a carbon based non electrically conductive thermal paste, you don't have to be as carefully when applying and can use more to make sure you've coverage and they don't tend to dry out.

Haha, sorry, as ZC said, bad jet engine noise joke

PS4 Stands

PS4 Stands in place

Amazon URL.

So turns out that they worked for a day...
    Fan is back to rattling away and going loud. Its not jet engine loud, it just sounds loose in the housing slightly.

Couldnt be arsed taking it apart to get in the back side of it, at the moment, but may do eventually.

The stands might help though, if you dont have much airflow around your PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Are there any alternatives to FIFA/PES? Zero interest in ultimate team or whatever the equivalent is, and not keen on these games when they go in to too much detail. Just looking for something with decent gameplay and something that I won't get bored with after a couple of games.

If I remove my 2tb drive from my base model ps4, can I install the same drive in the PsPro I'm looking to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If I remove my 2tb drive from my base model ps4, can I install the same drive in the PsPro I'm looking to buy?

Yes, but it will need to be reformatted. Tbh you're best off paying the extra €100 and getting a PS5 come November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Yes. I did just that. But, the drive will be formatted by the pro and you need to use a usb to load current firmware which is straight forward. I don’t think you can restore a backup from old model to new model so it will be re-download exercise.

Better option is buy another 2Tb, get the pro up and running and then transfer. Not sure how feasible or fast that is.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Yes. I did just that. But, the drive will be formatted by the pro and you need to use a usb to load current firmware which is straight forward. I don’t think you can restore a backup from old model to new model so it will be re-download exercise.

Better option is buy another 2Tb, get the pro up and running and then transfer. Not sure how feasible or fast that is.

I'll give it a go. In the meantime, one of my old controllers from my base model isn't pairing with my new Pro, has anyone experienced this?

EDIT: Sorted, dodgy micro usb connection on my old controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So Activision have released a new trailer for Crash banicoot 4: It's About Time...

Ahem.... The character of Tawna :pac: (Skip 31 seconds into the video)

300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

So Activision have released a new trailer for Crash banicoot 4: It's About Time...

Ahem.... The character of Tawna :pac: (Skip 31 seconds into the video)

300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg

:pac:

Yupp... I detect quite a lot of innuendo:P

Advertisement