Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

It has mixed reviews. I cleaned out mine, replaced the fan and reapplied the thermal paste. Was lovely quiet for a week or two, back to normal since. Now, it does take ever so slightly longer to get into jet engine mode, but it still gets there.

I did the same the first time and it was whisper-quiet for about a month. Then it got noisy again. Apparently you have to replace the thermal pads every time you open it up. So I did that the second time and it has been quiet since, nearly two months now.

Though the only reason I needed to do it in the first place is of because Dead by Daylight - loads of people have complained that the game makes their PS4s overheat due to unlocked framerate issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,891 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Many thanks...I bought one of these brand new boxed on fleabay for £100 (the Ferrari edition).

Perhaps not as well reviewed as the Logitech ones, but for the amount of use it'll get, it'll do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Hi guys, my PS4 broke last weekend and got quoted a 135 euro to fix. It’s a first generation console and don’t think it’s worth it to fix at that price. My thinking is to buy a new PS4 in Smyth’s plus the avengers for 300 euro as I can get trade in credit of 170 for the PlayStation and 35 for the game to put against the ps5 in a few months. I was just wondering do you think the trade in price will go down by much once the ps5 comes out or should I just wait the few months for the ps5 to come out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,126 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They're overhauling the Trophy system.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/07/upcoming-trophy-levelling-changes-detailed/#sf238573815

Trophy levels will be recalculated and now go up to 999 instead of 100. Different tiers of trophies too, eg. three levels of Gold/Silver/Bronze worth different points towards levelling up.

Obviously, doesn't really matter, but at least there's some thought going into the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Nice, I've been level 12 for about 5 years now! :D

Don't even know what level I'm at. I like collecting trophies but overall stats doesn't appeal to me. I know some trophy whores will love trying to get to 999.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So I eventually got around to cleaning out my PS4. I couldn’t find my Philips screwdriver so I just cleaned around the fan and tried getting inside with q-tips and spraying the compressed air in and so far it’s whisper quiet. Tried COD and PES which would usually have it sounding like a hair dryer, but I can’t hear anything even the mrs said so which is a relief :pac: it’s kind of worrying me though it wasn’t this quiet when I bought it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hi guys, my PS4 broke last weekend and got quoted a 135 euro to fix. It’s a first generation console and don’t think it’s worth it to fix at that price. My thinking is to buy a new PS4 in Smyth’s plus the avengers for 300 euro as I can get trade in credit of 170 for the PlayStation and 35 for the game to put against the ps5 in a few months. I was just wondering do you think the trade in price will go down by much once the ps5 comes out or should I just wait the few months for the ps5 to come out?

I'd expect it to go down, yes. Especially if there is a PS4/PS4 pro price decrease.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

The new trophy system hasn’t kicked in for me. Is it meant to go live in Europe today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The new trophy system hasn’t kicked in for me. Is it meant to go live in Europe today?

Just checked when I seen this, I'm level 410 now, so it has updated.

They might be in the process of moving people over.
    I looked through my friends list. About half had updated to the new numbers.

I’m still on level 19

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just checked when I seen this, I'm level 410 now, so it has updated.

Cool, it might take some time so.

I’m checking through the app as well, but I presume that should auto update there and I wouldn’t need to check through the console.

Just go to https://my.playstation.com/profile/MYPROFILENAME on a computer and you'll see your level.

Replace MYPROFILENAME with your PSN ID :)

Ha, that's an actual real profile too :D

Think you’ve to unlock a trophy to trigger the new upgrade, I’ve just jumped from 19 to 320 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Think you’ve to unlock a trophy to trigger the new upgrade, I’ve just jumped from 19 to 320 :D

That's actually an interesting jump! I went from 21 to 297 :D Obviously I've collected a lot more commoner trophies than you :D

Just put on mine, no trophy unlocked, just went into profile and I'm at 343, think i was looking low 20's before.

I'd be primarily an Xbox guy so only have the PS4 for exclusives really but my lust for achievements carries over to trophies :D

Level 12 to 227 with only 27 games played was a surprise. So surprising some of yee lads who are exclusively PS didn't gain far more :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

One lad on my friends list is level 61, will be interesting what level he ends up on when he updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Looking through friends list it's 50/50 for them either being converted or still on the old one.

I went from level 14 to 248 and I’ve long been over bothering to trophy hunt... but there’s something about being in the shameful bronze band that has awoken the trophy hunter in me to secure so so silver!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Looks like I'm a measly level 9. I wasn't really aware of this system anyway, so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looks like I've gone from level 28 to level 288.

I have 13 Platinum, 122 Gold, 406 Silver and 1860 Bronze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Best place to buy a PS4? Any decent offers at the moment

stesaurus wrote: »
    Best place to buy a PS4? Any decent offers at the moment

Adverts is awash with Pros at good prices atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Adverts is awash with Pros at good prices atm.

Xmas pressie so need something brand new

stesaurus wrote: »
    Xmas pressie so need something brand new

Anywhere then, price doesn't seem to be coming down from €300. If you don't care about format it would probably be better spent on an Xbox Series S.

If you want to wait there are usually good discounts on all PlayStation hardware for Black Friday.

Both MS and Sony are kind of shooting themselves in the foot not currently having price drops on the old consoles.

I know there’s a lot of glitches and bugs in Rage 2 but does anyone know how to sort my DLC. I started the DLC after I completed the main game and done the first 2 missions but the next mission won’t come up at all for me. I’ve completed all the side missions and levelled up the guy fully but nothing works, can’t find much on google about it. It’s the Rise Of The Ghost one not the other DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Advertisement