Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Hang on. My EA sub must've renewed and I never knew it did.

Also. I think it showed no games installed because it was still downloading, but was playable.

Okay I think I may have figured it out

UHG5ZFJm.png

Yeah, it’s your EA sub that’ll be up not the game. Star Wars got added to EA Play about a week or two ago I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah, it’s your EA sub that’ll be up not the game. Star Wars got added to EA Play about a week or two ago I think.

That makes sense. What also makes sense is when I go into EA Play, Jedi is on the front page, I think.

I'm just baffled I was able to navigate to the app, open the app, grab the game and download it without even having the TV on. :pac:

The last time this happened was about 4 or 5 years ago, when I inadvertently downloaded a season pass (or whatever it was) for Rocket League, and THAT cost me about 20 quid lol

That makes sense. What also makes sense is when I go into EA Play, Jedi is on the front page, I think.

I'm just baffled I was able to navigate to the app, open the app, grab the game and download it without even having the TV on. :pac:

The last time this happened was about 4 or 5 years ago, when I inadvertently downloaded a season pass (or whatever it was) for Rocket League, and THAT cost me about 20 quid lol

Yeah it’s a strange one alright, I would of thought the controller would of disconnected from your PS if you’d or synced with something else :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I think this is the first time that I've ever ventured into the PS forum, just wanted to say good luck to everyone hoping to get their PS5s today! From my experience with the Series X, it looks like we're going to be in for a great generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Yeah it’s a strange one alright, I would of thought the controller would of disconnected from your PS if you’d or synced with something else :pac:

It usually does.

I dunno, ghosts n sh1t :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Any stock of PS4 around? Young lad looking for one off the big fella

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Anyone having problems with the PS store? I assume it's traffic. Can't connect to my bank.

Brainz wrote: »
    Any stock of PS4 around? Young lad looking for one off the big fella

I picked up a PS4 slim in Cex. Next day delivery which was nice these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Loving sackboy, anyone recommend similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Folks, looking for some advice from those who have experience of steering wheels for PS4.

I bought a Thrustmaster Ferrari unit for a Xmas pressie for son as the Logitech G29 was sitting at £250.

I now see the G29 is reduced to £150, is it a much better quality unit than the Thrustmaster? If it is, and compatible with more games, then I'd buy and sell on the Thrustmaster.

But if no great amount of difference, I'll stick with the TM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

NIMAN wrote: »
    Folks, looking for some advice from those who have experience of steering wheels for PS4.

I bought a Thrustmaster Ferrari unit for a Xmas pressie for son as the Logitech G29 was sitting at £250.

I now see the G29 is reduced to £150, is it a much better quality unit than the Thrustmaster? If it is, and compatible with more games, then I'd buy and sell on the Thrustmaster.

But if no great amount of difference, I'll stick with the TM.

I have the Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel, the T150. I think its really good and never had issues with it. Look up a few comparison videos, loads on YouTube, they might help you decide.

I read that the G29 isn't compatible with all driving games, can you confirm if you found any that don't work with the T150?

NIMAN wrote: »
    I read that the G29 isn't compatible with all driving games, can you confirm if you found any that don't work with the T150?

I have definitely used the T150 with F1 2020, Gran Turismo Sport, Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corso. That's all I've played it on. Had a quick Google and found this if it helps.

https://www.cyberockk.com/2020/07/thrustmaster-t150-force-and-t150-pro-force-compatible-and-supported-ps4-games-list/

Any difference in build quality between the T150 and the G29?

I'm guessing for the amount of abuse it'll get from a youngster and a few friends, I might just stick with the Thrustmaster.

ronano wrote: »
    Loving sackboy, anyone recommend similar?

Tearaway Unfolded perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Had a look at my PS4 to be sure all saves had been backed up to the cloud. For some reason I had to manually copy The Last of Us 2 even though Styx had been uploaded, which I played after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing a lot of menu lag on the latest 8.01 software update?

Hadn't had the PS4 Pro on in a few weeks but it working fine on version 8.00 this evening until I went ahead and installed the latest update after it had downloaded.

Hopefully they're not pulling an Apple here, deliberately slowing down older hardware with updates in order to push you towards upgrading.

Yes. Also noticed when you are hovering on a game in the main menu, it takes an age to give any online current stuff, then move up and then back to the game (all without starting game), then it suddenly appears. Move away and it lags on return.

On the upgrade, I’ll sit tight on PS5 until the noise issue disappears. My PS4 is quieter than normal since the update. Menus in fifa and BFV would have had it going like a Hoover previously are much quieter.

Anyone else experiencing a lot of menu lag on the latest 8.01 software update?

Hadn't had the PS4 Pro on in a few weeks but it working fine on version 8.00 this evening until I went ahead and installed the latest update after it had downloaded.

Hopefully they're not pulling an Apple here, deliberately slowing down older hardware with updates in order to push you towards upgrading.

Mine is the opposite. On 8.00 it was all over the shop and suffered all the problems mentioned. Since 8.01 it has been pretty smooth.

Strange, Pro as well?

Yep pro.

Would CEX take a PS4 if it’s been opened up? I only opened it clean it out with compressed air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What's the story with Miles Morales on PS4? Can't see stock anywhere. I want to get the PS4 version so my sister can play it when I'm done with it on the PS5. Argos had a copy last week now nothing, same with Amazon, Smyth's, GameStop etc.

Also my Pro has stopped reading discs. Seems to be a bit of effort to open up, any solutions worth looking at?
    Would CEX take a PS4 if it’s been opened up? I only opened it clean it out with compressed air.

Only if the warranty label is untouched.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Only if the warranty label is untouched.

Is that the sticker hiding the screws on the outer shell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone know a place in Dublin that will repair the disc drive on a PS4 Slim? Won't read discs at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Yes, it's on the back near the ports I think. To be honest I'd chance my arm if it was just opened to be cleaned and you're not trading something faulty in, staff might not notice. It's just official policy not to touch them if the sticker is tampered/missing as it could be from a dodgy repair job they can't stand over the quality of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You can actually buy the stickers on eBay....

You could ages ago anyway!

Fieldog wrote: »
    You can actually buy the stickers on eBay....

You could ages ago anyway!

Will have a look into that, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

I changed out the hardrive on my pro when I got it. Just replaced the old one last night and all working well. Will cex take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

fixXxer wrote: »
    Anyone know a place in Dublin that will repair the disc drive on a PS4 Slim? Won't read discs at all.

https://consolerepairs.ie/playstation-4-hdmi-port-repair/

They should be able to do it, situated in Bray so just outside Dublin.

Does be no checkpoint if going in via Shankill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

jaydrum22 wrote: »
    I changed out the hardrive on my pro when I got it. Just replaced the old one last night and all working well. Will cex take it?

They took my Pro with a 3TB drive that I added myself. I went in the store to check first though so as not to waste time. Changing the drive doesn't void the warranty, its designed to be user accessible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

fixXxer wrote: »
    They took my Pro with a 3TB drive that I added myself. I went in the store to check first though so as not to waste time. Changing the drive doesn't void the warranty, its designed to be user accessible.

If I had known that I'd have left in the old one. Nice I'll drop it off this weekend see how I get on

Advertisement