Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I'm not going to buy a PS5 until the price drops a little, so I just got the game on Stadia. Runs very well (though you do need a decent connection mind).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know where I could get a Spiderman Miles Morales PS4 copy delivered in time for Christmas have a mate wanting it cant seem to see it in stock anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Anyone know where I could get a Spiderman Miles Morales PS4 copy delivered in time for Christmas have a mate wanting it cant seem to see it in stock anywhere

He might have luck with Coolshop. They're apparently getting stock in on the 15th, and can deliver in time for xmas if ordered straight away. He'd have to use a UK virtual address like Addresspal though as I think Coolshop only delivers to the UK.

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/marvel-spider-man-miles-morales-nordic/236D7J/?utm_medium=affiliate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

He might have luck with Coolshop. They're apparently getting stock in on the 15th, and can deliver in time for xmas if ordered straight away. He'd have to use a UK virtual address like Addresspal though as I think Coolshop only delivers to the UK.

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/marvel-spider-man-miles-morales-nordic/236D7J/?utm_medium=affiliate

Smyths state they are getting it back in stock next week.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/video-games/marvel’s-spider-man-miles-morales/marvel-s-spider-man-miles-morales-ps4/p/193493

Quite frankly at this stage anything shipping via Royal Mail from the UK will not arrive before Christmas they are taking a week to export goods and An Post are taking 3-4 days to sort incoming mail atm.

Hell An Post are only guaranteeing domestic delivery on stuff mailed by the 15th this year, this is usually the 19th for pre Christmas delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Smyths state they are getting it back in stock next week.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/video-games/marvel’s-spider-man-miles-morales/marvel-s-spider-man-miles-morales-ps4/p/193493

Quite frankly at this stage anything shipping via Royal Mail from the UK will not arrive before Christmas they are taking a week to export goods and An Post are taking 3-4 days to sort incoming mail atm.

Hell An Post are only guaranteeing domestic delivery on stuff mailed by the 15th this year, this is usually the 19th for pre Christmas delivery.

Snyths may be the best shot alright.. Yeah An Post is a bit mad I bought Cyberpunk it was shipped Monday still hasn't arrived... I ended up just getting it in Argos instead..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You could also give a PSN voucher for the value of the game, but it'll probably cost more as the game on PSN is €80 for the Ultimate Edition (which is actually alright considering all you get).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Getting my PS4 ready to get rid of it. Do just deregister it as my primary console and then full format? Nothing else to do after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,481 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Getting my PS4 ready to get rid of it. Do just deregister it as my primary console and then full format? Nothing else to do after that?

Upload all your saves to the cloud if you have ps plus. Deregister primary console on all accounts that have it enabled, not just your main one and then yeah, full format. You're looking at 4-5 hours minimum.

That's what I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Fully wiped my PS4 last night, took over 2 hours. Be sad to see her go though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Fully wiped my PS4 last night, took over 2 hours. Be sad to see her go though :(
    If you are upgrading to the PS5, enjoy it :)

I'm very happy with my PS4 Pro. It's a great console.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Folks

Looking for a late bit of advice.

Nephew getting a ps4 tomorrow and haven't got time to go get a physical game.

I assume it's possible to buy him some sort of virtual voucher to allow him to choose a game of his own? For Irish PlayStation store?

Or does anyone know if Supervalu would sell a card I could add credit to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

NIMAN wrote: »
    Folks

Looking for a late bit of advice.

Nephew getting a ps4 tomorrow and haven't got time to go get a physical game.

I assume it's possible to buy him some sort of virtual voucher to allow him to choose a game of his own? For Irish PlayStation store?

Or does anyone know if Supervalu would sell a card I could add credit to?

You can get a psn code emailed to you by the likes of gamestop off their website

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anyone know what GS were offering trade in on the PS4 Pro, with no games?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Anyone know what GS were offering trade in on the PS4 Pro, with no games?

Trade values are on their website, current value for the PS4 Pro is €250-€287.50 depending on your membership level.

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/66150/playstation-4-pro-1tb-console

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Trade values are on their website, current value for the PS4 Pro is €250-€287.50 depending on your membership level.

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/66150/playstation-4-pro-1tb-console

Thanks SS, is that the €250 in the orange box? Its not that clear, it looks lile it refers to software, rather than a console? When I went back in a second time, not using your link, it gives a value of €369, and a trade in of €200. I'll call ober to he local GS after Christmas and see what the story is.

Thanks SS, is that the €250 in the orange box? Its not that clear, it looks lile it refers to software, rather than a console? When I went back in a second time, not using your link, it gives a value of €369, and a trade in of €200. I'll call ober to he local GS after Christmas and see what the story is.

Yeah, looks like it is €200 + (€10, €20 or €30) depending on membership level.

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/58867/playstation-4-pro-1tb-console

Don't know why there are separate listings for new and pre-owned, they're usually on the same page.

Of course they will never get new stock in again as the Pro is discontinued.

Ok, PS Pro is €200 trade in, €160 cash for the basic deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

There's an offer for trading in towards a PS5

One example is trade in a PS4 PRO & three games off their monthly list will bring the PS5 down to €180

• Advertisement

shawki wrote: »
    https://www.gamestop.ie/trade-list

There's an offer for trading in towards a PS5

One example is trade in a PS4 PRO & three games off their monthly list will bring the PS5 down to €180

Thanks. I saw that but don’t have any of the games.

Anyone know the cheapest place for a DS4? Cannot for the life of me play CoD with the new Dualsense

Wouldn't know anywhere, but did you see if you can turn off the haptics, if that's the problem? I was using the DS4 yesterday and it was weird to go back to, DualSense just feels better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wouldn't know anywhere, but did you see if you can turn off the haptics, if that's the problem? I was using the DS4 yesterday and it was weird to go back to, DualSense just feels better.

I turned off the haptic feedback for Spider-man MM. It was killing my hands and was adding very little to the gaming experience. The regular vibration was much better which suprised me.
    Anyone know the cheapest place for a DS4? Cannot for the life of me play CoD with the new Dualsense
    When it comes to FPS games I turn off vibration in game settings. It actually makes your gunfire more accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cold War is weird, if you turn off the haptics there’s still some bit of pressure when pushing the trigger down fully and if you’re using say a handgun you’ve to fully let the trigger come back up before pressing it again or else it won’t register a second shot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Cold War is weird, if you turn off the haptics there’s still some bit of pressure when pushing the trigger down fully and if you’re using say a handgun you’ve to fully let the trigger come back up before pressing it again or else it won’t register a second shot.

I always flip the shoulder buttons on FPSs.
    L1/R1 to aim/shoot, quicker to press/release.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I always flip the shoulder buttons on FPSs.
    L1/R1 to aim/shoot, quicker to press/release.

Yeah do that myself straight away, and turn off vibrations.

I use paddles for CoD which is why I need a DS4, just cant adjust to playing without them..

Yeah do that myself straight away, and turn off vibrations.

I use paddles for CoD which is why I need a DS4, just cant adjust to playing without them..

Yeah, found it a bit silly that the back paddles are not supported by the Dualsense considering they came out a few months before the PS5. Makes them a bit pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

About to finish FFVIIR, think I'm fairly disappointed overall tbh. It's a game where you run down a lot of corridors. And I just don't want to play a 35 hour action game. The only thing that kept me going is that it is in fact FFVII.

• Advertisement

Yeah, found it a bit silly that the back paddles are not supported by the Dualsense considering they came out a few months before the PS5. Makes them a bit pointless.

It was probably to see what interest there was. I'm sure there'll be a "Pro" DualSense at some stage, akin to the Elite Xbox one. Or another add on.

Advertisement