Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HR Zone specific training

Options
  • 17-11-2018 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi all, I’m curious to know peoples thoughts on this one. I’m into data and training efficiently etc and understanding zones when it relates to HR & Power. My question is , although my Max HR running is 186( which is programmed into my garmin for run and bike ) but I’ve only ever reached 177 during a max Hr test on my bike , should I be working of that max on my HR Zone for biking only ? It might be a stupid question but important I get it right and training in the correct zones for endurance / speed etc etc 9 beats would be quite a bit off if it was wrong and I was potentially training at a wrong zone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,385 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

your max will be different for different sports, running and swimming for example would be at opposite ends of the scale because the water keeps you cool and running you are fighting gravity more. Cycling is a mechanically assisted sport so i dont think you would expect so it would tend to be less than running

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Cycling has lower max HR because you're mostly just using your legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

As you like this stuff look up MAFF training and HRV

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

Cool so I’m guessing I should change my HR Max on garmin for cycling to reflect the difference in both. Thanks

Advertisement