Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charged a ridiculous amount for ordering a statement?

Options
  • 17-11-2018 3:11pm

I recently moved home and wanted to sort out proof of address for joining a credit union etc, so I ordered a statement to my new address.

When I opened the letter for my statement I saw that I will be charged €3.50 for the first page and €2.50 for every additional page. So I am to be charged over €40 for a statement?? I actually cannot believe this, it actually sounds like a joke?? Why is Bank of Ireland charging me an extortionate amount for ordering a statement???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

I recently moved home and wanted to sort out proof of address for joining a credit union etc, so I ordered a statement to my new address.

When I opened the letter for my statement I saw that I will be charged €3.50 for the first page and €2.50 for every additional page. So I am to be charged over €40 for a statement?? I actually cannot believe this, it actually sounds like a joke?? Why is Bank of Ireland charging me an extortionate amount for ordering a statement???

Hi sparklinglens,

Thanks for your post.

There is no charge to receive or request an up to date statement on your account. We only charge for duplicate statements issued by post and when you're making the request online, there is a notification that charges may apply with a link to these charges. The order can only be completed by ticking a box to accept the charges.

Going forward, if you do require statements you access estatements on your 365 log in and these are available to print or save to your pc.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi sparklinglens,

Thanks for your post.

There is no charge to receive or request an up to date statement on your account. We only charge for duplicate statements issued by post and when you're making the request online, there is a notification that charges may apply with a link to these charges. The order can only be completed by ticking a box to accept the charges.

Going forward, if you do require statements you access estatements on your 365 log in and these are available to print or save to your pc.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks for your response Tara, my issue here is that I was told there would be "a charge", but I was not told the exact amount or I would never have ordered a statement. 
    Why exactly is BOI charging 2.50 per page of a statement when it only costs about 5/10 cent to print out a page? 

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Count yourself lucky OP. Their published price for the first page is 3.80. So you got 30 cent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks for your response Tara, my issue here is that I was told there would be "a charge", but I was not told the exact amount or I would never have ordered a statement. 
    Why exactly is BOI charging 2.50 per page of a statement when it only costs about 5/10 cent to print out a page? 

We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with these charges. We can only advise what charges are for particular services or requests. If you wish to raise a formal complaint about this, or any other aspect of our service, please see our Customer Complaints Process here.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement