Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One house - two estate agents

Options
  • 17-11-2018 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I've had one viewing in a small rural town of a property I'm interested in and the estate agent was fine but knew very little about the location, area, history of the property etc. This is from a regional branch of a national chain. However the property is also being marketed at the same time by a local independent estate agent who I've previously been on viewings of other properties with and who knows the local area inside out and back to front.

Now that I've viewed with the first agent, can I arrange a viewing with the other agent? With the first agent I'm just met with a blank face if I ask any questions about the property/area besides what's in the brochure and I know the second agent will be much more knowledgeable from previous dealings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

We bought a property recently that was being represented by two estate agents as it was a receiver sale in Dublin

In our instance one estate agent was a local to the area (who we chose to deal with) and the other was a more main stream estate agent. Turns out the main stream estate agent were taking the lead and we regretted going with the local one as every time we wanted to view the property the local agent needed to get the keys from the other agent. The whole thing was managed terrible by both agents in my opinion. There were other issues too that are too complicated to get into but I would speak/interview both agents and the one you get the best impression from should be the ones you go for. Remember too that these are sales people so try disregard the sales charm (easier said than done).

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jellybellyelly

Thanks for that - the second agent isn't one I'd like to buy through having dealt with them before (hence my not viewing this property through them) but they would have the upper hand in terms of local knowledge and knowledge of the history of the property itself.

I wasn't sure if there's an issue that one agent showed me the property first that may cause difficulty down the line? Similar to recruitment agencies etc., who made the introduction first? I know that used to be an issue last time I bought, which admittedly was years ago!

Advertisement