Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondeo DPF Hell

• 17-11-2018 4:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17

I have 2012 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetec 140PS, got engine management light and malfunction warning about 3 weeks ago, brought it to a garage and they cleaned the DPF. Made zero difference to the car so I brought it back and was then told it needed a new vapourizer. Again it made zero difference, got 3 miles down the road with a lot of juddering and jerking before both lights came on again and back into reduced power mode.

So I rang them and I was told to bring it in for a forced regeneration which I did yesterday. I've drove about 80 miles on the motorway since this was done and the car is driving worse than ever. A lot of juddering and jerking to the point where it's painful to drive, particularly at low speeds. The car is also eating diesel, gone from 57mpg to 39mpg.

I rang them about this yesterday and was told it'll fix itself once it regenerates itself.

I'm fuming at this point, I'm down €600 and the car is driving worse than ever. Surely this can't be right? Have they missed something?

Seriously considering a DPF delete. Nightmare.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I can't help but don't go back to that garage. It might need live data reading.

Somebody will be along more knowledgeable to help, its quiet because of the rugby!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭scannerd

Assuming the issue is restricted exhaust (sounds like it) confirming the back pressure is too high and where is is happening is what they should have started with. Once you have confirmed its too high (few ways that can be done) then a cheap way but effective to check this to drill small holes in the exhaust post cat and then post DPF, then you can check pressure at those points. the holes can be spot welded up after.

I hate to say but if they did properly remove and clean the DFP, it should not need any regen to work, and if your back pressure is still too high, then you have blockage elsewhere-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Mick Shipman

I can't help but don't go back to that garage. It might need live data reading.

Somebody will be along more knowledgeable to help, its quiet because of the rugby!!
    I will be going back to that garage. If I go somewhere else, they'll want another bag full of money that I don't have.

To be fair, I've been using them for a while now and they've been great but they seem clueless with this problem. I don't think they test drove the car once in the three times they've had it or else they wouldn't have gave it back to me.

They've done 2 forced regens which surely can't be good for the car? Not to mention the amount of bloody diesel it wastes.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

They've done 2 forced regens which surely can't be good for the car? Not to mention the amount of bloody diesel it wastes.

Very frustrating.

They may have forgotten to reset the dpf adaptions/tell its had a new dpf or if they did then you may have a intake intercooler bypass butterfly problem..have seen this before on peugeot 2.0hdis which have the same engine.

Advertisement