Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vibration when pressing brake pedal

• 17-11-2018 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I notice when pressing the brake pedal at high speed only I feel a vibration towards the rear of the car (New Shape A6). I jacked the car up and checked to see if calliper or pads were loose but all seemed okay. It only seems to happen when applying pressure on pedal and at speeds of approx. 80kms +.

Could anybody shed light on what maybe causing this? I was thinking warped discs but would I only feel vibration at lower speeds?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Sounds like warped disks, bound to be more pronounced at higher speeds due to the lighter pressure being applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

Warped or dirt on the disk. Might also be a pad partly binding up. I have this problem intermittently - and especially as the brakes heat up. But some days it's completely gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks. I'll book it in with mechanic during week

Advertisement