Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP link question..

Options
  • 17-11-2018 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

I have 2 tp powerline adapters, 1 from router, other going into smart tv in kitchen. I have another 2 spare tp links so if I want to connect my smart tv in bedroom to internet, do I use the 2 adapters or can I just add 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

R11 wrote: »
    I have 2 tp powerline adapters, 1 from router, other going into smart tv in kitchen. I have another 2 spare tp links so if I want to connect my smart tv in bedroom to internet, do I use the 2 adapters or can I just add 1?

Why would you use 2 ?

Just 1 should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭R11

limnam wrote: »
    Why would you use 2 ?

Just 1 should do it.
    I'm just not sure how to use them. I have 2 already to bring internet to tv in kitchen so wasn't sure if I need 2 more to bring internet to tv in bedroom.
    So one will do, then sync it with one of the other ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, just one.

The annoying thing is its near impossible to buy singles but in your case thats not an issue. Remember that they all share bandwidth so the more you add the more demand there is for bandwidth(speed).

R11 wrote: »
    I'm just not sure how to use them. I have 2 already to bring internet to tv in kitchen so wasn't sure if I need 2 more to bring internet to tv in bedroom.
    So one will do, then sync it with one of the other ones??

Yep just the 1.

The easiest way to think about it is pretty much all your sockets in the house a port on the router/switch and the tp as an RJ45 to socket adapter :)

ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, just one.

The annoying thing is its near impossible to buy singles but in your case thats not an issue. Remember that they all share bandwidth so the more you add the more demand there is for bandwidth(speed).

And would three adapters slow down my speeds much? I'm getting about 90 Mbps currently over wifi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Apologies to jump in on this but I thought it was more appropriate than starting a new one.

I currently have these adapters

TP-Link TL-PA4010KIT Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit - AV500

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A0VBPLM

I want to add a wifi extender and want to know will this be compatible with the above?

TP-Link TL-WPA4220KIT 2-Port Powerline Adapter WiFi Starter Kit - AV600

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LXOZ4EN/

Should be grand

limnam wrote: »
    Should be grand

Yep, I had 2 tp links and hooked up a 3rd one (different model but still a to link), very easily. Just press "pair" button to connect them up

Advertisement