Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost Of Electricity Bill

Options
  • 17-11-2018 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Greetings. Moved into my 3 bed terraced house last April. Bills ok until September and they started to rise. I live alone plus work in Dublin and stay two nights there. My bill been reaching 100 euros recently. I got oil central heating in August but this should not make a difference. I have dual meters as there were storage heaters previously. I just measured the meters for the previous eight days: 28 units total on day & 26 total on nights. Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

First thing to check is if all the bills are estimates or actual readings. If estimates previously, and now read that can explain the jump. Check the meter and record the units each day.
    Do you still have the storage heating?
    What's using the 26 units at night, because that seems high.

The oil heating will cause a slight increase, as the burner/circulating pump will need to use electricity to operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Darith

I have a water distiller which i use at night which i used since i moved in. I do not use the storage heating anymore. Only one storage heater left installed. I will review the bills.

Advertisement