Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tagging File Names as Audio Files

Options
  • 17-11-2018 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

I want to re-arrange some Audio Files different than their File Name. So that they will be changed to Song Name then Artist. Apparently there is something called Tagging that should be able to do this. Have tried a couple of different Websites, but even with a Song I've ripped off a CD, Websites can't find the Song. I know that the Websites pull from an internally created Database of uploaded songs and from Web Database. I would have thought the Web would recall my Song for me as surely the CD would be recognized on the Internet like but it has said it can't find the Song. I think one Site did return loads of search results but it seemed all higgledy-piggledy and gobbledy-gook but I went down through the list of the songs it returned and the actual Song isn't in the list of returned search results.

Anyone know of any good Websites for Tagging / changing File names etc?

T.i.a.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is the software you want, trying to do this on a website won't work.
    https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

If the tag data is there its easy to arrange, by your description I'm guessing you've ripped sans tags so the sites couldnt do a match. In those cases its manual jobbie thats time consuming. Put the kettle on and allocate some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

ED E wrote: »
    This is the software you want, trying to do this on a website won't work.
    https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

If the tag data is there its easy to arrange, by your description I'm guessing you've ripped sans tags so the sites couldnt do a match. In those cases its manual jobbie thats time consuming. Put the kettle on and allocate some time.
    There is software that will check the audio finger print, puddletag on Linux did. Its been many yeara since i had to do it. Check the music brainz website to see what's current software is like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Yip I've tried those 2 to no avail.

Sod it anyway. :mad::(

How then does Shazam and those things work! How can the stoopid Site not pull the Song from some source when I originally pulled it from a genuine published CD.... Gahhhhh... Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That software works, if you're struggling find a nerdy friend to show you how to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭blackbox

Try MusicBrainz Picard.

It can change filenames as well as tags.

I found it to be the best of these type of programs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement