Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Heart Running!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭BrownEyes79

coogy wrote: »
    You heard it here first folks!!! :pac:

:pac: :pac:
    Bluesquare wrote: »
    Same - and I’m deadly serious too!!

Me too.... (at the moment!!) I’d much prefer to get really good at HMs and possibly 5ks

ariana` wrote: »
    Haha that sounds very final... 3:45, 3:30 not appeal at all then, no ;)

Great first week there. I'll think you rock the training anyhow and the day will day care of itself :)

Thanks ariana, fingers crossed :)

Week 2
    29th July- 4th Aug

Monday: 7miles @ 10:59
    Tuesday: 3x8mins@threshold (7:46-7:57) 7:40/7:43/7:50
    I had company for this which helped me alot, I think if I was on my own I wouldn’t have hit my paces
    Wednesday: 7miles @ 11:03
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: 7miles @ 10:26
    Saturday: Progression run, 12miles 20/20/15/5 easy to tempo
    I loved this run and again I had company for it which made a huge difference! I met Wubble in the park, he was looking good as he glided by us up a hill! I found the change from easy to mod the hardest but felt good with the tempo paces my watch died for the cool down!
    Sunday: Rest

Total: 42miles

Week 3
    5th-11th August

Monday: 6mile hill run
    Lovely company, lovely scenery and lovely trails (apart from the scramble through about 100m of overgrown bracken) No better way to spend a bank holiday Monday :)

Tuesday: 8x3mins@ CV (7:25-7:35)
    7:36/37/33/34/37/33/34/17
    I was going to postpone this until Wednesday because of the hill run on Monday but decided I was better off giving it a go and if my legs were too tired I’d turn it into an easy run.
    I was glad I did it, I just about managed to stay on pace and I went all out for the last one!
    Wednesday: 8miles easy@ 10:33
    Thursday: Rest
    Friday: 18mile lsr @ 10:03
    I was dreading this run because it was going to be the longest I’d run in 2 years and I’d be doing it on my own. I decided to copy the same route I ran with Skyblue & Lazare which included mile 2-11 of the marathon and although it wasn’t as enjoyable as when I ran it with them in 2017 it was still pretty enjoyable! Skyblue had us running up the Kyber at mile 16 then (and nearly killed me) and I was going to wimp out of it this time but by the time I went back into the Phoenix Park I knew I’d regret it if I didn’t at least try and surprisingly it was ok! I picked up the pace slightly for the last 2 miles. My legs were tired getting into the car but I didn’t feel nearly as bad as I thought I would. This run definitely boosted my confidence
    Saturday: 70mins moderate pace (9:04-21) 8miles @ 9:01
    Up early for this one because I’m going on holidays!
    Sunday: HOLIDAYS!!

Total: 50miles

I passed 1000miles for the year this week and also had my highest mileage week ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Nice work on the two milestones C!

coogy wrote: »
    Nice work on the two milestones C!

Thanks K. Glad to hear you seem to be on the mend, hopefully you’ll be back on plan soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Really great week C. Congrats on the 50 miles and the 1000 miles. Hope you are having a fab holiday and have found your way around ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Super few weeks there C. Enjoy your well deserved holidays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

That's a super couple of weeks. Only 9 or 10 more and you can look forward to tapering! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

You're putting in some really great training at the moment - I'm really enjoying following your progress. Congrats on passing the 1,000 mile mark :)

Advertisement