Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedal Power Meter - recommendation/value

Options
  • 17-11-2018 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Looking for a power meter for the bike that I can use on the turbo for Zwift as well as on the road... thinking pedal option for flexibility on changing between bikes etc.
    Favero Assioma looks good value and very good reviews on Boards threads also. Probably just get one side from budget perspective.
    Any sites worth checking out, esp with Black Friday coming up? Should I consider Powertap or Vectors instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

.. smart option.. get a power2max, if you have the same bottom bracket on both bikes it will be no slower to change than pedals. Otherwise if married to the idea of pedals.. reconcile yourself to higher cost and lower reliability. I am so disappointed that the Garmin Vectors 3 turned out to be no more reliable than their predecessors and the awful power tap pedals. No experience with the favero ones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nordicb

I bought power pedals with same idea, swap them from bike to bike. Did couple of times, it is a hassle. If your current cleats and pedals are shimano on all bikes, changing cleats and pedals becomes a pain. Not worth it in my mind. Crank/arm, hub meter would be my choice.

Tried zwift with power from pedals, but did not enjoy, it felt weird. What felt like was missing is the momentum of the virtual bike. But it could be just me. What I did is calibrated my turbo to match pedal power and left pedals aside. It feels a lot more realistic. Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

I have vector 3 and they are perfect. No issues ( it was a new batch tho as there was earlier issues ) love them but didn’t like changing to Keo cleats lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've PowerTap, issues were right pedal missing on Garmin, but that was easily rectified, but they're in need of a service due to dropping readings.

DC rainmaker sang it's praises, and I'd tend to trust his opinion.

There's a new P2 model out now too.

Advertisement