Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm problem

Options
  • 18-11-2018 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

Could anyone shed some light on a problem I’m having with my alarm.

Bought a new house, builder installed the house alarm a

HKC SW 1070 with wired contacts.

The alarm shows no faults and will arm when I enter the code, But when armed the alarm will not activate when I re enter the property, no matter how many doors & windows I open it just will not recognise the opening. I’ve had an engineer out that couldn’t fix it & said he’s never seen it before.

Anyone have any experience with this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

At the risk of sounding cheeky
    It sound's to me like the contacts are miswired but I would have hoped that if you got someone out to look at it thats the first thing they would have checked
    can You set the alarm with the windows open ( does it arm )
    If it were me I would disconnect a zone and put a multimeter on it and verify that the contacts are opening and closing
    If they are then maybe the panel is faulty
    zones could be in soak test or unused ?

But this would be just my thoughts while you are waiting for one of the real alarm guys to reply :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭laotg

Dave1986 wrote:
    The alarm shows no faults and will arm when I enter the code, But when armed the alarm will not activate when I re enter the property, no matter how many doors & windows I open it just will not recognise the opening. I’ve had an engineer out that couldn’t fix it & said he’s never seen it before.

Get that builder back to fix it.

Advertisement