Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my chances of selling a six year old antivirus DVD?

Options
  • 18-11-2018 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I bought a laptop in 2011 or 2012 and the computer shop threw in a few extras. One of these extras was Norton Security Essentials 2012 on DVD.

I wasn't going to put any Norton product anywhere near my laptop so I've never used it. I still have it in the shrink wrap. I was wondering if there's anything I could do with this.

I might try to sell it and get a few euro but if it's not worth selling I might just try giving it away, either online or to a charity shop, rather than have it gathering dust in a box here. Would it be any use to someone with Windows 7 or 8? Or is it just hopelessly out of date and of no use to anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It’s worth at least twice as much as an AOL CD.
    Throw it in the trash where it belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

I have some Norton disks from 97 in the attic, perfect frisbees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

EOL for this product was January 10, 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Put it in the microwave. Creates a nice blistering effect on the bottom of the CD which is quite interesting.

DISCLAIMER: Don't put it in the microwave!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some councils have the option of recycling CDs at Bring Centres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Great for scaring birds if you’re into gardening. Hang them on a piece of string.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

meanwhile : ,

rI7pkq1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

am I missing a joke with the Alexandra Daddario picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Throw it up on the 'for free' section on Adverts along with any other utter worthless tat taking up space in your house. Within moments, the vultures will descend, each trying to outdo the other with offers of earlier collection times, pleading on behalf charities in urgent need of your exact items, and even more oddities even the most fantastical mind could not possibly predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Great for scaring birds if you’re into gardening. Hang them on a piece of string.

+1

Or even use them on temporary roadside boundaries so the lights catch them at night :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

What's a DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

It's like an old bluray

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

Whats bluray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Whats bluray?

It's sort of like a modern take on the slate tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I've never heard of that Tablet manufacturer before

Advertisement