Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options
  • 18-11-2018 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

attachment.php?attachmentid=466326&stc=1&d=1542540729

Come on down and take your seats for the most entertaining event in the Werewolf calendar! Werewolf - The Game Show! Feel free to follow along at home folks, this is sure to be a wild ride!

Join us now as we introduce our competing teams!

Team 1: Family Fortunes
    Headed by the powerhouse of quiz shows, can everyone please give a big round of applause for Mr Les Dennis! Come on down Les. Les will be joined by some lucky contestants as they vie for the top prize.

Team 2: Blockbusters
    Another stalwart of British TV joins us to captain the next team, show your appreciation for Mr Bob Holness! Nice to have you with us Bob. Bob has some young and enthusiastic contestants to help him out.

Team 3: Catchphrase
    And our next team is captained by none other than everyone’s favourite Ulsterman, Mr Roy Walker. Welcome to the game Roy. Roy’s contestants are hoping to have the fastest fingers on the buzzers tonight.

Team 4: The Chase
    Our final team is made up of the brainboxes of the Quiz World! The Chasers! [pause for boos] Headed up by The Beast, this team of chasers will try to outwit all other teams and destroy the competition.

Oh! What’s this? A surprise 5th entrant into the competition!!! Please welcome Ms Anne Robinson to the stage! Oh, Ms Robinson seems a bit disgruntled that she wasn’t invited to participate in the first place so she’s out for revenge against everyone in the game and will use her sharp wit to take down everyone who stands in her way!

Roles:
    Captains (Les/Bob/Roy): Our captains can put one player in the isolation booth each night. The captain cannot put himself in the isolation booth, because that would be silly. Who would let him out? If the player in isolation is one of his teammates, they will be protected from any attacks and the captain will be informed that the player is on his team. If the captain successfully protects his teammate from a kill order, they will be allowed to confer in a backroom for the rest of the game.

Priest (Jim Bowen):
    The announcer will be informed of all roles of the eliminated.

Vigilante (Bruce Forsythe): The producer can eliminate 3 players before 9pm on Wednesday.

Hunter (Bradley Walsh): The director will be furious if eliminated by the Chasers and will drag his killer out of the studio with him. (only applies to munches)

Wolf Captain (The Beast):
    Has 2 lives

Wolf Seer (The Governess): Can peek one player each night.

Serial Killer (Anne Robinson): Anne will eliminate a contestant each morning.

Deal or No Deal Quiz:

As this is a Game Show, there will of course be a quiz every day. We will hold a Deal or No Deal quiz at 10.15am and 9.15pm (GMT) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for all contestants. Be sure to tune in for your chance to choose a box and win a special prize! PM your answer to Werewolf GM and cross your fingers.

Rules:

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. If you have any questions, please PM WerewolfGM and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. Screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are NOT permitted.

3. Be active: Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. Failure to do so will result in being Substituted or Mod killed, whichever is more convenient at the time. Substitution does not indicate any alignment or role. All players who are mod killed will be replaced if possible.

4. Game schedule: Game starts with a single elimination to be revealed at 10am on Monday morning. Munches and SK eliminations will be revealed at 10am, lynch votes will be revealed at 9pm.

5. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened following the munch and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.

6. Lynch rules: The votes will be published as soon as possible following the lynch in the order they were cast.

7. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and eliminations are announced. You are not eliminated until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are eliminated, please don't post in the game thread again. Eliminated players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER ELIMINATION. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game. Please PM Werewolf GM for access, although we will endeavour to have it arranged automatically upon your death.

8. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

9. In it to win it: Please play in the interests of the team you are representing at all times.

10. Quiz mechanics: Quiz will be held between 10.15am and 10.30am and 9.15pm to 9.30pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. All players must send their answers to the WerewolfGM account. No discussion of answers is allowed on thread. Anyone caught conferring about answers will be disqualified from the contest. All correct answers will be entered into a draw and the winner will be PM'd by the WerewolfGM account.

11. Win Conditions:
    Wolf Win - Wolves will win if they gain parity with villagers and eliminate the SK
    SK Win - Sk wins if they gain parity with village or/and wolf.
    Village Win - All Wolf and SK teams are exterminated.
    Ultimate Win - Have most team members alive at the end of the game.

So that’s it folks! You know our teams! You know the rules! Now let’s get this game show underway! Fingers on buzzers please!

GOOGLE FORM FOR VOTING: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepquSm1cdeGxnMGRd76lb_ko1Vr_NPnguxTAvZu08EnbQpzA/viewform
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

For clarity, a sample of the non-rolled villager PM is posted below:
    Dear PLAYER,

Welcome to Werewolf: The Game Show!
    You have been assigned the role of Contestant (NRV)

Your lynch password is XXXXX
    The lynch form link can be found in the OP.
    Please ensure you vote every day.

Enjoy the game.

Kolido, Molly and Strawberry Milkshake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

THE GAME IS NOW LIVE.

466324.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Virtanen wrote: »

That's my role.... hmmm... suspicious start Virt..

Yes, I'm hard-claiming my role as the Countdown Clock. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

any counter claims ?

alright Necro, what are you counting down to ? This is all very suspicious, top of my FFAs for now. Does this post need a :pac:

playing non anon will be interesting. No longer do I feel like I need to make an excuse for not being around in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Everyone must be very hungover after the big win last night still.

In answer to your question, BH - I'm a clock :pac:

Counting down to my inevitable demise I suspect.

Roster just so we all know who's in and who isn't....

Necro
    Fixxxer
    Beakerjoe
    Sinbad311
    LoughC
    Quickbeam
    Tritium
    Rikand
    Virtanian
    Barney92
    Pter
    Lord TSC
    Sully
    Deconduo
    Uriel
    PJ
    MrsFlushdraw
    Bounty Hunter
    Duffman13
    Stu Redman
    Drumpot

Twas a great match, beating the all blacks two years in a row before the world cup... no pressure lads.

Watching NXT Wargames now.

Twas a great match, beating the all blacks two years in a row before the world cup... no pressure lads.

Cancelled my Network subscription last month as I was fed up of the current sh1te so will have to seek other sources for that.

Would have reordered but for Becky's injury :(

Necro wrote: »
    That's my role.... hmmm... suspicious start Virt..

Yes, I'm hard-claiming my role as the Countdown Clock. :D

I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm completely innocent...

006356FA00000258-2913932-image-a-23_1421444011212.jpg

• Advertisement

Was a good show alright.
    Mauro getting pelted by a water bottle
    was my personal highlight

Cancelled my Network subscription last month as I was fed up of the current sh1te so will have to seek other sources for that.

Would have reordered but for Becky's injury :(

Canceled 2 months ago (and started my free month of Netflix the same day) myself, there are other ways to watch though... no spoilers please :D

Yeah Virt looks innocent enough there, or is he Chris Tarrant, the secret 5th team leader!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

any counter claims ?

Yeah. I'm the Countdown Clock. Oh, and so is my wife!

quickbeam wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm the Countdown Clock. Oh, and so is my wife!

When did I change genders and marry you :pac:

Gotta admit, I'm a teeny tad bit disappointed we've no Pointless or Only Connect this game. My favourite quizzes ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

When did I change genders and marry you :pac:

When you had a Minus removal surgery

Also any other methods to view Takeover would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Im confused. Are the Chase team all wolves and the other teams are team village and playing to win themselves?

Which team is Jim Bowen and Bradley Walsh on?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    When you had a Minus removal surgery

Also any other methods to view Takeover would be greatly appreciated

Clocks do not have genders last I checked :p

I'm not allowed post my way - especially with the two forum mods playing this game :pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im confused. Are the Chase team all wolves and the other teams are team village and playing to win themselves?

Which team is Jim Bowen and Bradley Walsh on?

Yeah seems that we have one wolf team in the Chasers. And the SK Anne Robinson.

Other three are village but there's also an Ultimate Win clause so I presume that's assigned to whoever has the most players left at end game.

Don't take this as fact, but It could be that all the players on the village are divided into the three teams.

Probably need to read how many chasers there could be.

Beast and Governess are mentioned. Presumably the Dark Destroyer too?
    The Sinner Man and the Red Head chick make 5 possibly? Beast has two lives and Governess is a seer... only seer in the game from the looks of it.

So, we gonna be fluffy today or actually work out how to catch wolves? I don't watch The Chase, but from the OP pic, I'd assume we're dealing with a four-person wolf team. The Beast (Mark Labbett) and The Governess (Anne Hegerty) are named in the OP. By the picture I assume we're dealing with the The Dark Destroyer (Shaun Wallace) and The Sinnerman (Paul Sinha) too. As they're not in the OP, I guess they don't have powers, but who knows what the mods might haven't told us. Wiki also mentions The Vixen (Jenny Ryan) not in the OP pic, so again, assuming not part of the wolf team unless gets to be recruited later or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_(UK_game_show)#Chasers

So, 4 wolves, 1 SK, 16 villagers of which six have powers. But ... just noticed, no seer for the village. Hmmm?

• Advertisement

So, we gonna be fluffy today or actually work out how to catch wolves? I don't watch The Chase, but from the OP pic, I'd assume we're dealing with a four-person wolf team. The Beast (Mark Labbett) and The Governess (Anne Hegerty) are named in the OP. By the picture I assume we're dealing with the The Dark Destroyer (Shaun Wallace) and The Sinnerman (Paul Sinha) too. As they're not in the OP, I guess they don't have powers, but who knows what the mods might haven't told us. Wiki also mentions The Vixen (Jenny Ryan) not in the OP pic, so again, assuming not part of the wolf team unless gets to be recruited later or something.

So, 4 wolves, 1 SK, 16 villagers of which six have powers. But ... just noticed, no seer for the village. Hmmm?

Why just 4 wolves?

The Captains seem to act as pseudo-seers
    Our captains can put one player in the isolation booth each night. The captain cannot put himself in the isolation booth, because that would be silly. Who would let him out? If the player in isolation is one of his teammates, they will be protected from any attacks and the captain will be informed that the player is on his team. If the captain successfully protects his teammate from a kill order, they will be allowed to confer in a backroom for the rest of the game.

Why just 4 wolves?

Because...

:)

Although I wonder whether the Captain's powers work on RVs, or even on each other. Does the 'team' refer to the village, or the host plus contestants?

Virtanen wrote: »
    Although I wonder whether the Captain's powers work on RVs, or even on each other. Does the 'team' refer to the village, or the host plus contestants?

See that's why I think all us villagers are assigned a team, Family Fortunes OR Catchphrase OR Blockbusters? And as per the OP, probably not told what team we are on so we can't mass reveal.

Because...

:)

I take nothing from that only that it's a flavour pic.

Sure Bradley Walsh isn't in it either.

I take nothing from that only that it's a flavour pic.

Sure Bradley Walsh isn't in it either.

Yeah, Priest, Vig and Hunter aren't included. But team captains, SK and four Chasers are. I'm not saying it's definite or I'd have said "I know" instead of "I assume". It makes sense to me that the pic would include all the wolf team, but I did state that it comes with the caveat that there could be other hidden powers or players too.

So the captains place a player in isolation each night. But they can only protect their own team members from harm. So if eg: Les puts a team member of Blockbusters in isolation they get told nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just back from a nice jog on the beach.

Bit confused on the dynamics:

3 village teams - 15 goodies
    1 wolf team - 4 wolves
    1 Sk

Is that correct?

Surely the village doesn’t get to “clear” 3 villagers a day and there is a specific dynamic to the teams. Perhaps each village consists of 5 villagers (captain plus 4 contestants) and if the captain didn’t pick a contestant who is assigned to his team it shows as not on his team?

Also , I’m NRV.

Also , I’m not a wolf.

Also, I’m not pocketing people

Also, I’m sitting on the coach all sweaty and still in my running gear so wanted to leave you all with a horrible thought of hot , wet , smelly drumpot before I wash away the stench of hard work....

After giving you that horrible vision, I recommend that you say what you see....

naughtymrchips1.gif

• Advertisement

Also important to note, not to discuss quiz answers on thread or we get disqualified. Dunno what prizes will be up for grabs but need all villagers eligible to maximise our chances.

Advertisement