Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Necro wrote: »
    Staged? Because I got mentioned :confused:

Yeh, “let’s have a villagey conversation on thread re game mechanics”.

Also what’s with the WISH ? You know the crack with this game and that literally anything out of the ordinary could be considered tasky!

Drumpot wrote: »

Also what’s with the WISH ? You know the crack with this game and that literally anything out of the ordinary could be considered tasky!

I prefer anon accounts, I don’t like arguing with you in my normal clothes.... :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I responded correcting Flush posting about the captains being able to protect just anyone.

I do wish it was as straightforward as a simple protect because then my splitting the players into segments would make more sense :(

I prefer anon accounts, I don’t like arguing with you in my normal clothes.... :o

It's fine, all part of the game :D

Although I tend to agree, much easier to shout at Holly or Eva WW as opposed to the person behind that account directly :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rikand wrote: »
    Well spotted. That's a real throwaway comment from loughc

Wolves are rattled.
    Wolfy posts? I've pointed out my (slight) suspicions, care to do the same Loughie?

You're not a wolf Necro my good pal, your posts are inherently Necro and Day 0 nothing to worry about, BreakerJoe however is a wolf. His posts seem to scream desperate to win a task.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Hello all, great to be on the show tonight.

I'll take "Wolfie for 200 please"

Necro

"Who is the most wolfie so far? Alex"

Correct.

Not a bad start really

"Wolfie for 400"

MrsFD

"Who is the next most wolfie?"

Two out of two ain't bad.

Not sure who to go with for 600 though.

I disagree with the plan to announce who the captains should protect. Necro did rightly point out the flaws in that one to be fair to him. It won't be telling at all because it would just tell the wolves who not to kill that night.

On the splitting idea though Necro I disagree. I think Pter pointed out a few issues with captains potentially being all together in one group or captains being put in groups where none or only one of their team is. I reckon the captain's just using their own initiative makes most sense.

Barney92 wrote: »
    Hello all, great to be on the show tonight.

I'll take "Wolfie for 200 please"

Necro

"Who is the most wolfie so far? Alex"

Correct.

Not a bad start really

"Wolfie for 400"

MrsFD

"Who is the next most wolfie?"

Two out of two ain't bad.

Not sure who to go with for 600 though.

:(

Barney... not you too

I disagree with the plan to announce who the captains should protect. Necro did rightly point out the flaws in that one to be fair to him. It won't be telling at all because it would just tell the wolves who not to kill that night.

On the splitting idea though Necro I disagree. I think Pter pointed out a few issues with captains potentially being all together in one group or captains being put in groups where none or only one of their team is. I reckon the captain's just using their own initiative makes most sense.

In truth I'll hold my hands up on that slightly, I was focusing more on the protect side and didn't factor in the issues mentioned. I still think it's something to be kept in mind for later in the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

deconduo wrote: »
    Mount all, looks like a few new names posted since yesterday evening which is great.

Quick question, task/tasky = hidden game mechanics of some sort? Are these normal, and are there examples from previous games?

Jebus it's a bit early for mounting people.

A whole variety of things could be tasks I'd probably be looking Firstly for game show relates tasks. Perhaps QB's naming of characters... But tasks could simply be song lyrics, movie quotes etc. Lots of variety in previous examples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mo'ning

I think there being 1 kill this morning makes the idea of BR tasks more likely. I.e. wolves and sk have to compete for the kill.

Rattling cages is fun and all, but i wouldnt be taking my previously mentioned task suspicions to the bank.

That being said, i still think Necro is hiding something.

I think it's fine to keep an open mind about on thread tasks.

QB's naming the 5 Chasers, Beaker and his Family Fortunes shtick and now Barney's opening post would stand out as game related tasks.

However, I'm still of the mind that they wouldn't be on thread so I won't be focusing too much on any of the above examples.

I'm interested in Lough's confidence on Beaker being a wolf though. Not gonna lie, he's got form for being right :pac:

Other thoughts would be on sully and Flushy right now. But not sure if that's old game bias, but Flushy's standing out as being quite mechanical in her posts. Be interested to see how that develops.
    Sully is just a gut feel right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Hmm... This feels like it could be staged wolves interaction....

Also the larger caps on wish is also a bit weird.

Necro wasn’t the only person discussing the dynamics of the game or even who had some ideas on strategies....

Sorry if I’m grumpy...

hate-monday-gif3.gif

Grumpy isn't playing ;)

I said I wanted to go over the OP in the morning and that is exactly what I did. I "hoped" I would understand all the interactions with Necro and others yesterday by doing so, but tbh I don't.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Jebus it's a bit early for mounting people.

A whole variety of things could be tasks I'd probably be looking Firstly for game show relates tasks. Perhaps QB's naming of characters... But tasks could simply be song lyrics, movie quotes etc. Lots of variety in previous examples.

Did you not get the memo?

tenor.gif?itemid=11457308

Id get on board with Sully being suss. Beaker not so much. He is holding back a little bit methinks....but that could just be D0/Sunday stuff.

Flushy.....cant really see it. She is posting like she usually does. And plenty of examples where that has meant she had a goodie role.

Pter wrote: »
    Mo'ning

I think there being 1 kill this morning makes the idea of BR tasks more likely. I.e. wolves and sk have to compete for the kill.

Rattling cages is fun and all, but i wouldnt be taking my previously mentioned task suspicions to the bank.

Dude I revealed my role in my first post, I'm not hiding anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id get on board with Sully being suss. Beaker not so much. He is holding back a little bit methinks....but that could just be D0/Sunday stuff.

Flushy.....cant really see it. She is posting like she usually does. And plenty of examples where that has meant she had a goodie role.

Beakers not holding back, just pushed for time.

It's fine, all part of the game :D

Although I tend to agree, much easier to shout at Holly or Eva WW as opposed to the person behind that account directly :pac:

Makes me think of the explanation of why people wearing a soldiers uniform could do such horrible things if they aren’t normally prone to it. A uniform (or anon account) strips away the individual and you can convince yourself you are just playing a role or following orders. This means you will act and do things that you might not normally do. Same applies to anonymous bullying online...

That’s a little dark , prob the Monday morning poison coming out!

Loughc wrote: »
    Wolves are rattled.

You're not a wolf Necro my good pal, your posts are inherently Necro and Day 0 nothing to worry about, BreakerJoe however is a wolf. His posts seem to scream desperate to win a task.

Hi, nice post you got there. Im so desperate.

Hmm, countdown clock only rattles about for 30 seconds. You've been around a bit longer than that. I'm not buying it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

QB's naming the 5 Chasers, Beaker and his Family Fortunes shtick and now Barney's opening post would stand out as game related tasks.

However, I'm still of the mind that they wouldn't be on thread so I won't be focusing too much on any of the above examples.

I'm interested in Lough's confidence on Beaker being a wolf though. Not gonna lie, he's got form for being right :pac:

Other thoughts would be on sully and Flushy right now. But not sure if that's old game bias, but Flushy's standing out as being quite mechanical in her posts. Be interested to see how that develops.

I am honoured, this waking up spritely must be good for me. Never been told I am mechanical haha. I just didn't "get" the whole captains thing yesterday and didn't want to fog my brain over thinking.

Got to laugh on the old game bias. I saw the stats and I was way down the list. But yet, according to people I am always a wolf! go figure!

Anyway, looking forward to the game show aspect. Just need to keep an eye on the clock with my hour ahead!

Ha hadn't spotted that. Bit of a brucie bonus for us Necro. Fair play.

But really you're not allaying my worries about you pal. Too nonchalantly defensive.

Makes me think of the explanation of why people wearing a soldiers uniform could do such horrible things if they aren’t normally prone to it. A uniform (or anon account) strips away the individual and you can convince yourself you are just playing a role or following orders. This means you will act and do things that you might not normally do. Same applies to anonymous bullying online...

That’s a little dark , prob the Monday morning poison coming out!

Ha, dark yes but an interesting psychological take. Would tend to agree.

Mo'ning

I'd say QB's example of 1 - 100 is probably more likely than the possibility of on board tasks.

It was Wheel of Fortune you hotspot

Ha hadn't spotted that. Bit of a brucie bonus for us Necro. Fair play.

But really you're not allaying my worries about you pal. Too nonchalantly defensive.

If you consider that defensive you haven't read my other games :pac:

I'd say QB's example of 1 - 100 is probably more likely than the possibility of on board tasks.

Say what?

That's my role.... hmmm... suspicious start Virt..

Yes, I'm hard-claiming my role as the Countdown Clock. :D

Eh???

I am honoured, this waking up spritely must be good for me. Never been told I am mechanical haha. I just didn't "get" the whole captains thing yesterday and didn't want to fog my brain over thinking.

Got to laugh on the old game bias. I saw the stats and I was way down the list. But yet, according to people I am always a wolf! go figure!

Anyway, looking forward to the game show aspect. Just need to keep an eye on the clock with my hour ahead!

You're always considered a wolf cos you play like one :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

In truth I'll hold my hands up on that slightly, I was focusing more on the protect side and didn't factor in the issues mentioned. I still think it's something to be kept in mind for later in the game though.

Later in game is when well likely want the captains to protect a single player. It’s also why the captains need to stay hidden, since they can only work as a proper bodyguard when together.

Advertisement