Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Drumpot wrote: »
    Hmm...

I’m gonna answer LoughC

Wrong answer I'm afraid... very wrong :)

I'm glad ye are all playing along with Breaker's fluffy nonsense game. Keep the wolf busy while we prepare the lynch please. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You being pointless would mean noone thinks you are a wolf, if im reading it correct?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Very confident call from Lough, is it Beaker's fluffiness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

And now we go LIVE to Studio 2 where The Crystal Maze is in progress!

The Contestant nervously enters the Crystal Dome. Around the edges of the dome are the faces of his fellow contestants.

WILL YOU START THE FANS PLEASE???

The fans whirr to life and the tickets fly around his face. He desperately grabs as many as he can and shoves them into the box.

WILL YOU STOP THE FANS PLEASE???

Virtanen, you have gathered 10 gold tickets which is good work. But you have also gathered 33 silver tickets. Bad luck.

Therefore, VIRTANEN, you have been ELIMINATED from the Crystal Maze.
    Thank you for your participation Contestant. Please be sure to pick up your novelty Werewolf Game Show runner up prize as you leave the studio.

Don't forget to tune in for the Deal or No Deal Gameshow at 10.15 folks!

Virtanen..... wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Did Virt even post?

Loughc wrote: »
    Did Virt even post?

Yeah was the first poster, had a couple of interesting posts iirc. Gonna go back and quote them all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Did Virt even post?

19 posts apparently, couldn't have told you he had or not either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Virt could have been a wolf/sk, right? I mean its highly unlikely but could have been :)

19 posts apparently, couldn't have told you he had or not either.

Reading through his posts from the opening of the thread alright. He would have been a good asset to the village alright, this is not a good start.

I assume this means all 3 captains failed to find a team-mate and stop an attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I guess Virt hit a hotspot!

Ok so Virtanen was very active yesterday. Not Necro active, but... no one is really. Confused as to why he was offed though. Perhaps the wolves were scared of maths?

Virtanen wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm completely innocent...

006356FA00000258-2913932-image-a-23_1421444011212.jpg
    Was a good show alright.
    Mauro getting pelted by a water bottle
    was my personal highlight
    The Captains seem to act as pseudo-seers
    Although I wonder whether the Captain's powers work on RVs, or even on each other. Does the 'team' refer to the village, or the host plus contestants?
    Wolves would be pretty stupid to try and target you on-thread if they knew you were confirmed by one captain. I prefer the idea of captains choosing for themselves who to isolate. Maybe from a narrowed-down list like Necro said, but I'm not a fan of the wolves knowing who is being isolated, especially when it's only a 20% chance of finding a team member
    Incredibly unlikely, they only enter the backroom if they're isolated AND targeted by the SK or Wolves
    Correct, unfortunately. Adds hella fuel to the fire of paranoia
    Thinking about it, I actually don't hate the idea of the Captains choosing for themselves from the full list of 20 other players, even at the risk of accidentally doubling up on someone

If they were to unknowingly pick the same person, there's a 40% chance they'll be confirmed to one Captain
    If you're a Wolf you should give yourself up now. It's tradition for there to be a sacrificial lamb wolf on Day 0
    Free For All

Basically people nominate three names who, in their opinions, are the three most likely wolves up to that point, and explain why

In theory, we then count the names and then out of the three most-voted for, we discuss which one to lynch. That step is often overlooked, however
    I wrote a post addressing this earlier, then discarded the whole thing because it was illegible gibberish :pac:

My math says 84.5% that they pick three different people, almost 14.5% that two of them pick the same one, and 0.0125% that all three pick the same
    85.5%. Close
    Correction, all three picking the same is 20/20 x 1/20 x 1/20, so 0.25%, and doubling is 14.25%, and three different names is 85.5%. Still marginal, but just to get the numbers right. Unless I've miscalculated again, which is very possible
    Tbf, there's no way of knowing. There is no mention of tasks in the rules - does that mean there are tasks? Or was it excluded because of the DOND game?

The way I see it, we have no information and no way of divining information, so aside from acknowledging it, there's not much point in worrying about it. Let it happen and see where we go from there
    You know what looks suspiciously like a task? Creating a puzzle and asking people to solve it
    I'm not, I was referring to Beaker's word puzzle, I just responded to your post since you mentioned that tasks might be present

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I guess Virt hit a hotspot!

And what's a Hotspot not?

Pter wrote: »
    Virt could have been a wolf/sk, right? I mean its highly unlikely but could have been :)

Highly unlikely but also possible.

Did Virt even post?
    And what's a Hotspot not?

A hotspot!

Wrong answer I'm afraid... very wrong :)

I'm glad ye are all playing along with Breaker's fluffy nonsense game. Keep the wolf busy while we prepare the lynch please. :)

Who said its fluff? Oright!
    Did Virt even post?

You didnt see his posts
    Reading through his posts from the opening of the thread alright. He would have been a good asset to the village alright, this is not a good start.

I assume this means all 3 captains failed to find a team-mate and stop an attack.

You didnt see his posts yet he'd be an asset.

LoughC is a wolf. Talking shoite,

5 minutes

questionmark.png?w=840

A hotspot!

Not necessarily. They could have found team mates but if they weren't targeted (and there was a kill so...) it means there's definitely no one in the captains backrooms now.

Flushy is Oright in my book.

• Advertisement

You didnt see his posts

I literally just said I re-read his posts trying to see why he was targeted.. you can tell from his posts he's an asset... but nice try wolfy :)

You are rattled buddy boy :)

You didnt see his posts

Not trying to defend LoughC, but tbh, until I looked to see how many posts he had done and then looking at what he did post, I never thought much on what he had said either.

Necro on the other hand. That lad stands out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

466390.jpg
    Welcome to Deal or No Deal Day 1 and your first opportunity to select a box and win a prize. All you have to do is answer the question below and PM your answer to the WerewolfGM account. The winner will be notified by PM.

Q. Who was the captain of the gold medal Water Polo team in the 1984 Summer Olympics?

The quizline will close at 10.30 precisely. NO DISCUSSION OF THE ANSWER IS PERMITTED ON THE THREAD

I literally just said I re-read his posts trying to see why he was targeted.. you can tell from his posts he's an asset... but nice try wolfy :)

You are rattled buddy boy :)

You're in for a shock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Oh god still dying. Did Rikand explain what he saw in Sullis post?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Oh god still dying. Did Rikand explain what he saw in Sullis post?

Nope. Have a gut feel on sully but would like to hear from Rikand. Unless it was just fluffy d0 stuff...

1 minute left to answer

questionmark.png?w=840

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Would be interested to hear what he thinks is there because I she can't see anything wrong with Sulli.

Not trying to defend LoughC, but tbh, until I looked to see how many posts he had done and then looking at what he did post, I never thought much on what he had said either.

Necro on the other hand. That lad stands out!

Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing....:o

Fwiw I paid attention to your posts Virt!

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing....:o

Fwiw I paid attention to your posts Virt!

AH don't change Necro! we luvs ya just the way your merry posting ways are :D

Advertisement