Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Drumpot wrote: »
    Just back from a nice jog on the beach.

Bit confused on the dynamics:

3 village teams - 15 goodies
    1 wolf team - 4 wolves
    1 Sk

Is that correct?

Surely the village doesn’t get to “clear” 3 villagers a day and there is a specific dynamic to the teams. Perhaps each village consists of 5 villagers (captain plus 4 contestants) and if the captain didn’t pick a contestant who is assigned to his team it shows as not on his team?

Would it not be 16 goodies? Given there are 21 players :pac:

Other than that yeah, see above I think that's likely.

Also, imo it would make more sense with

15-5-1

Which is primarily why I'm not reading into the OP pic at all. Flavour be flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Actually just thought of a way of flushing out wolves. It’s not perfect but what about each day we try and get the focus on at least one player for the contestant pick.

Statistically what is the chance a captain will pick a member of their team? 1-20? 5%. So if all three pick the same person then we know for sure? Also will be interesting which wolves don’t put their name forwards. And lastly we could have two targets a night , somebody to lynch and get all three captains to interrogate the most dodgy not lynched?

So for example tomorrow all three captains pick me to isolate (assume that’s possible). One of them will have me showing on their team and confirm me and them.

By weds, if it’s been a reasonably successful strategy we would have 3 captains and 3 confirmed villagers (or wolf) and we might have a Vig to shoot some targets to thin the herd?

Necro wrote: »
    Would it not be 16 goodies? Given there are 21 players :pac:

Other than that yeah, see above I think that's likely.

Also, imo it would make more sense with

15-5-1

Which is primarily why I'm not reading into the OP pic at all. Flavour be flavour.

Wolf captain has two lives so two accounts?

Wolf captain has two lives so two accounts?

In a non-anon game? :pac:

Unless you have two players playing the one role of the Beast which... I suppose.... is possible.

But unlikely.

• Advertisement

In a non-anon game? :pac:

I’m gonna have that shower now to wash away the stench of failure in that post... Don’t even have the anon account to hide behind to pretend I’m a virgin to the game.....

Game starts with a single elimination tomorrow morning at 10am.

Wonder how that is decided.

Unless you have two players playing the one role of the Beast which... I suppose.... is possible.

But unlikely.

That’s such a your game mechanic.....

Wonder how that is decided.

Who posts the best “your momma” joke?

Who posts the best “your momma” joke?

Well, that could be fun :D

But if it's an on-thread thing then the SK might not take part to avoid being outed early.

In other news, Pter is probably the SK :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

We should work off the assumption there 4 or more wolves. Dont just assume there are only 4

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So for example tomorrow all three captains pick me to isolate (assume that’s possible). One of them will have me showing on their team and confirm me and them.

By weds, if it’s been a reasonably successful strategy we would have 3 captains and 3 confirmed villagers (or wolf) and we might have a Vig to shoot some targets to thin the herd?

I think this would actually work although it would also give up those captains ability to protect as who they would be choosing would be out in the open and wolves would target elsewhere.

I think this would actually work although it would also give up those captains ability to protect as who they would be choosing would be out in the open and wolves would target elsewhere.

I mean it might work very very slowly. You'd end up either with a wolf each night or a confirmed villager, but the captains would all have to survive and reveal their results at the same time.

It's a decent strategy but it's a long play which might or might not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

quickbeam wrote: »
    So, we gonna be fluffy today or actually work out how to catch wolves? I don't watch The Chase, but from the OP pic, I'd assume we're dealing with a four-person wolf team. The Beast (Mark Labbett) and The Governess (Anne Hegerty) are named in the OP. By the picture I assume we're dealing with the The Dark Destroyer (Shaun Wallace) and The Sinnerman (Paul Sinha) too. As they're not in the OP, I guess they don't have powers, but who knows what the mods might haven't told us. Wiki also mentions The Vixen (Jenny Ryan) not in the OP pic, so again, assuming not part of the wolf team unless gets to be recruited later or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_(UK_game_show)#Chasers

So, 4 wolves, 1 SK, 16 villagers of which six have powers. But ... just noticed, no seer for the village. Hmmm?

This seems reasonable all right. My reading would be the other captains must have team members assigned that they have to find. given the captains can all basically seer the chasers then get a seer if their own. Not sure how the other village roles like the vig would align then, are they linked to a captain or on their own

Also if we discuss on thread who the captains should or should not protect then the wolves will just target someone else giving them a kill.

I would prefer to keep them in the dark and leave it up to the captains to pick their targets.

tritium wrote: »
    This seems reasonable all right. My reading would be the other captains must have team members assigned that they have to find. given the captains can all basically seer the chasers then get a seer if their own. Not sure how the other village roles like the vig would align then, are they linked to a captain or on their own

To me the breakdown would be simply:

3 village teams - 5 members assigned to each

5 wolves

1 serial killer.

Same number on each team makes more sense to me tbh. Apart from the SK, who's a solo team.

I mean it might work very very slowly. You'd end up either with a wolf each night or a confirmed villager, but the captains would all have to survive and reveal their results at the same time.

Ah I know it’s not perfect, just throwing it out there cause somebody might have a better way of using it.

If nothing else though, it would make a wolf sweat if they were chosen to be our isolated player.... we could maybe even do it on Tuesday by the time we have several targets?

I’m Happy to put my name forward if it buys me street cred.... Look .... I’ve nothing to hide.

992a8ce0ea96e3088c5144251bdf10e0_w200.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Probably the three rolled villagers are assigned a team each. Not sure I can say more.

Also if we discuss on thread who the captains should or should not protect then the wolves will just target someone else giving them a kill.

I would prefer to keep them in the dark and leave it up to the captains to pick their targets.

Or we could have a list (like FFA) for captains to consider peeking?

Might tell us something later when we start seeing some dead hairy folks showing up?

Or we could have a list (like FFA) for captains to consider peeking?

Might tell us something later when we start seeing some dead hairy folks showing up?

A list would be better to give them options, however - wolves would simply likely kill someone not on the list.

But I mean in the absence of any other idea it might be worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

It’s a decent idea but I think it has flaws. Unless all village roles belong to a team it could be dangerous. Might be able to refine it into something we can use though with a bit of collective brainpower

A list would be better to give them options, however - wolves would simply likely kill someone not on the list.

But I mean in the absence of any other idea it might be worth a shot.

I’m like

6JnBAj3.gif

And you are like

GrimyPaleHogget-small.gif

It’s a decent idea but I think it has flaws. Unless all village roles belong to a team it could be dangerous. Might be able to refine it into something we can use though with a bit of collective brainpower

Ok yeah I tend to agree.

Pros:
    Confirm a villager or out a wolf each night
    More data for players to analyse and interpret

Cons:
    Wolves and SK get a guaranteed two kills each night (From Tuesday anyways) by avoiding who is targeted.
    Likely leaves roled players unprotected
    One protection instead of potentially 3.
    Captains need to survive long enough to reveal data

And I mean I should probably stress that confirming villagers/outing wolves is a massive pro.

Might be worth a rattle tonight anyways.

I propose a powerplay move!

Ok yeah I tend to agree.

Pros:
    Confirm a villager or out a wolf each night
    More data for players to analyse and interpret

Cons:
    Wolves and SK get a guaranteed two kills each night (From Tuesday anyways) by avoiding who is targeted.
    Likely leaves roled players unprotected
    One protection instead of potentially 3.
    Captains need to survive long enough to reveal data

Is the protection not only for contestants of their team ? That’s a 4/20 (20%) chance from night one? Hmm, that’s not bad odds.

If we had 3 candidates would that make it more difficult?

Hmm. Yes I see the problem. What if a captain is chosen , we do indeed waste a protection but on the flip side that captain is prob safe from a munch that night.

And I mean I should probably stress that confirming villagers/outing wolves is a massive pro.

Might be worth a rattle tonight anyways.

Well if any night is the one to try it, it would be tonight when there's only one kill?

Well if any night is the one to try it, it would be tonight when there's only one kill?

Yeah, was just thinking that with only one kill we would be better trying it tonight if we're going to at all.

I’m ok being that person. I can’t think of a better way then at least show a bit of village spirit then to leave myself up for being exposed on day 0/1?

Also, doesn’t it mean that whoever my captain is can keep protecting me every night? Could that protect me the whole game while captain is alive and allow me to chat with my captain?

• Advertisement

I’m ok being that person. I can’t think of a better way then at least show a bit of village spirit then to leave myself up for being exposed on day 0/1?

Also, doesn’t it mean that whoever my captain is can keep protecting me every night? Could that protect me the whole game while captain is alive and allow me to chat with my captain?

You'd only get to chat with your captain if the wolves targeted you whilst protected.

Assuming you're a villager of course...

giphy.gif

Advertisement