Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Also Molly, but she hasn't posted...yet. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LoughC, you said you say wolfy posts, earlier in the game.......... please present each post you saw that was wolfy and why?

Was I the only one wolfy? if so why didnt you mention that in the post ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Necro wrote: »
    I for one suspect Strawberry Milkshake and Kolido are the wolf masterminds pulling the strings.

Bit meta but it’s surprising that a few of those posters are so quiet. Probably something to keep an eye on over the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Saying they werent really suspcions is a nice way to back track, its like oh Im not sticking my neck out but want to appear to be involved. You cant have it both ways

I was asked a question by necro. And responded saying I wasn't certain of anything. Alternatively I could just not have answered the question and not been involved at all. My response is at least generating something. Would you agree that is good?

tritium wrote: »
    Bit meta but it’s surprising that a few of those posters are so quiet. Probably something to keep an eye on over the next day or two.

I don't see no meta rule :P

But yeah. Also Drumpot after a flurry has vanished into the ether. Something about him claiming his role irks me for some reason.

• Advertisement

Barney92 wrote: »
    I was asked a question by necro. And responded saying I wasn't certain of anything. Alternatively I could just not have answered the question and not been involved at all. My response is at least generating something. Would you agree that is good?

Whats your opinion on LoghC , have you read his posts?

Have you seen his post about "a lot of wolfy posts already"? What do you make of that throw away comment?

What do you make of him liking Virts posts then asking "did Virt post yet"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

LoughC, you said you say wolfy posts, earlier in the game.......... please present each post you saw that was wolfy and why?

Was I the only one wolfy? if so why didnt you mention that in the post ?

You were the only one I found wolfy but I didn't say that because sometimes when you shake a tree you might get more than one chestnut....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I'm not conclusively accusing you Barney. But that post did look wolfy.

Don't abdicate resposibility for that to necro because he asked you a question.

Loughc wrote: »
    You were the only one I found wolfy but I didn't say that because sometimes when you shake a tree you might get more than one chestnut....

What did you get, be specific....... dont just say "oh you caught a wolf"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sigh I already explained this... but it's ok I'll let you forget my answer so you can try to start building your bandwagon for the lynch...

Your faux gameshows and mentions of board games in posts screamed like a wolf completing a task, I've already told you this. Do keep up :)

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    I'm not conclusively accusing you Barney. But that post did look wolfy.

Don't abdicate resposibility for that to necro because he asked you a question.

The only thing I'll say is that I'd be concerned just jumping on Barney for expressing an opinion might discourage others from doing the same. He's contributing, at least which is more than can be said for others.

And it's not a defense of Barney at all, he's a big boy and can handle himself I'm sure.

Oh apologies you meant when I shook the tree...

I only got you cause you dominated the conversation... even when I wanted you to stop talking you wouldn't so all the other wolves could slip off back into the long grass.

You are a good wolf team player like that.

For those who think "heres beakerjoe......... lying his arse off, beakering, fake role claiming"

Ask yourself two things

Why would I come out under no pressure this morning? I could just pull a stunt like this late rin teh game. I was under no pressure.

If I am lying and another seer exists, surely Im a good man to peek and then its game over for me.

The ones keeping their distance from me know the truth (aka the baddies).

Or maybe I got something and as you said earlier I don't want to give the wolves any information :P

Sigh I already explained this... but it's ok I'll let you forget my answer so you can try to start building your bandwagon for the lynch...

Your faux gameshows and mentions of board games in posts screamed like a wolf completing a task, I've already told you this. Do keep up :)

Thats your reasons for thinking Im a wolf, which dont hold water as I could be a goodie completeing tasks (which I was). Why are you so certain Im not good?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

On mobile at lunch break so this is just some quick thoughts after skimming the thread:

Scummy:
    LoughC is my top scumread. He was quiet/disinterested up until he got called out, and then was instantly on the thread. I think it was less than 5min it took him to respond. He was clearly following and lurking until that point. His posts after the flip were fishy as well. Also he tried to stir **** by calling posts scummy with no actual follow up.

Rikand Vs Sullivo feels like a soft bus - but I'm less confident on that, more of a gut feeling with no evidence yet. Need some time to read back on their posts.

Lots of lurkers with only fluff posts. Outside of a LoughC lynch I'd be in favour of pushing for a lurker lynch today to try and get some activity going. Even if it's a townie flip, it removes a liability going into the lategame.

Towny:
    Beaker is full of **** and I love it. He's been pressing all the right buttons and getting fantastic reactions.

Necro and pter's interactions feel like 2 townies. Pretty confident about this.

I'll be back on this evening with more detailed stuff when I have more time and a real computer.

For those who think "heres beakerjoe......... lying his arse off, beakering, fake role claiming"

Ask yourself two things

Why would I come out under no pressure this morning? I could just pull a stunt like this late rin teh game. I was under no pressure.

I will say you make some good points and you almost had me as a believer there. But one thing... you came out with a fake role reveal after a hour of me claiming you were a wolf and a prize was won on Deal or No Deal... there was a slight bit of pressure.. maybe you were afraid whoever won the prize might target you?

deconduo wrote: »
    On mobile at lunch break so this is just some quick thoughts after skimming the thread:

Scummy:
    LoughC is my top scumread. He was quiet/disinterested up until he got called out, and then was instantly on the thread. I think it was less than 5min it took him to respond. He was clearly following and lurking until that point. His posts after the flip were fishy as well. Also he tried to stir **** by calling posts scummy with no actual follow up.

Rikand Vs Sullivo feels like a soft bus - but I'm less confident on that, more of a gut feeling with no evidence yet. Need some time to read back on their posts.

Lots of lurkers with only fluff posts. Outside of a LoughC lynch I'd be in favour of pushing for a lurker lynch today to try and get some activity going. Even if it's a townie flip, it removes a liability going into the lategame.

Towny:
    Beaker is full of **** and I love it. He's been pressing all the right buttons and getting fantastic reactions.

Necro and pter's interactions feel like 2 townies. Pretty confident about this.

I'll be back on this evening with more detailed stuff when I have more time and a real computer.

I like this guy, regardless of alignment :D

Thats your reasons for thinking Im a wolf, which dont hold water as I could be a goodie completeing tasks (which I was). Why are you so certain Im not good?

Because we all know there was no goodie tasks and you were back peddling/making sh!te up.

Hey it was a good try, it really was Boe.

Necro wrote:
    I like this guy, regardless of alignment

Agreed.

• Advertisement

I will say you make some good points and you almost had me as a believer there. But one thing... you came out with a fake role reveal after a hour of me claiming you were a wolf and a prize was won on Deal or No Deal... there was a slight bit of pressure.. maybe you were afraid whoever won the prize might target you?

No pressure, I was alluding to a role reveal way before then if you recall. As soon as I got my third task in, then bingo........ comfort zone USA, population me.

You seem rattled and I like it. I like the venom, the accusations, I love it.

Lough if you are a wolf I can't believe you would do such a thing in the run up to Xmas. For shame.

Because we all know there was no goodie tasks and you were back peddling/making sh!te up.

Hey it was a good try, it really was Boe.

No goodie taskes.......... you sure :)

Good morning folks. Basically gotta catch up on the whole thread. What did I miss. Bj did a role claim already?

Pter wrote: »
    Lough if you are a wolf I can't believe you would do such a thing in the run up to Xmas. For shame.

I'm not a wolf, sadly no powers for me this time :(
    No goodie taskes.......... you sure :)

As sure I am you're a wolf Boe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Had a lot of catching up to do and when I had almost read everything I had something distract me for an hour or so but now the wife is placated and work is well done with so I think I've caught up.
    I am not verifying that just yet. I shall revisit this question when the time is right.

I am leaning good on Joe but this is the one thing that has me worried. Id imagine an explanation (I can understand from what your saying your potential reticence though) could quell my and others worries about your reveal here.
    I feel many on thread are fearful of accusing people. Not many have returned my request

What request was that after speed reading I may have missed it if it was important.

Right now re: Joe

He has a verb named after him for exactly this reason so its hard to believe him but this should solve itself. If the captain chooses him (Unless the wolves somehow knew Virt was the captain) they will either be in a room together or Joe is caught when the Captain comes out early. It's not ideal but revealing oneself in return for getting a confirmed wolf would be worth it for the village.

Therefore I say let it play itself out and worst case we out a captain while killing a wolf best case we confirm a player who a captain can protect again and talk to that can also seer peek.

If best case though BJ does again seem almanacy kinds of OP so that also does not sit well.
    Necro wrote: »
    Likely that, and probably work/school stuff. It'll pick up this evening again I expect.

Thoughts on BH? I expected more posting from him this afternoon, very little to say for himself thus far.

For once I dont have to hide the time difference stuff but its 9.30pm here and where I work I am on my feet all day (so not online, except at break in your early am) and after work I had to entertain the wife. More free now but kinda catching up still
    Barney92 wrote: »
    I think Necro would be a good idea. If you're on the straight and narrow then it would clear up a lot for the village because he's the highest poster. It'd be good to know that he's village.

If you're lying I'm going to guess you'll 'peek' Sully.

I'd agree with this. On the off chance that Joe is telling the truth and we can confirm this through captains then confirming the two most talkative villagers would be of benefit. Would make all Necros posts drown out wolves instead of villager talk in some eyes

I'm not a wolf, sadly no powers for me this time :(

As sure I am you're a wolf Boe.

What has you so sure there are no goodie taskes, oh I gotta hear this one

This time without the deflection, oright?

Good morning folks. Basically gotta catch up on the whole thread. What did I miss. Bj did a role claim already?

In fairness I rattled him into it, I feel bad now... I'm sure he had a better fake reveal for later on in the game but I rushed him.

What has you so sure there are no goodie taskes, oh I gotta hear this one

This time without the deflection, oright?

I am not verifying that just yet. I shall revisit this question when the time is right.

• Advertisement

On the basis that it's pretty obvious Beaker was tasking that puts on thread tasks back on the table.

So now my thoughts go to Barney's opening post this morning, and QB's naming of the Chasers as possible other on thread tasks.

Advertisement