Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »
    I am not verifying that just yet. I shall revisit this question when the time is right.

Oh thats a good answer. Youre overtaking Drumpot as my nemisis.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What has you so sure there are no goodie taskes, oh I gotta hear this one

This time without the deflection, oright?

This is an interesting one. I was also curious who started the suggestion about backroom tasks? I dont have a fecking clue what kind of tasks there are because i'm not doing one but I do wonder when people suggest what types of tasks specifically there may or may not be. Could easily be people trying to divert attention from actual tasks going on

In fairness I rattled him into it, I feel bad now... I'm sure he had a better fake reveal for later on in the game but I rushed him.

I admire your self absorbtion. Its up there with how I view myself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is an interesting one. I was also curious who started the suggestion about backroom tasks? I dont have a fecking clue what kind of tasks there are because i'm not doing one but I do wonder when people suggest what types of tasks specifically there may or may not be. Could easily be people trying to divert attention from actual tasks going on

Me :o

On the assumption that with just wolves and SK competing I felt it might be too easy for the wolves to identify the SK based off an on thread comp for the kill. But if Beaker had a task which is tbh pretty apparent now then QB and Barney would be forefront in my mind for other ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote: »

On the assumption that with just wolves and SK competing I felt it might be too easy for the wolves to identify the SK based off an on thread comp for the kill. But if Beaker had a task which is tbh pretty apparent now then QB and Barney would be forefront in my mind for other ones.

Can you quote the posts in question for reference please? I know the QB one but which Barney one?

• Advertisement

Suss posts (in my eyes anyways). Would be helpful if anyone else wanted to put up anything else they thought was dodge.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    So, we gonna be fluffy today or actually work out how to catch wolves? I don't watch The Chase, but from the OP pic, I'd assume we're dealing with a four-person wolf team. The Beast (Mark Labbett) and The Governess (Anne Hegerty) are named in the OP. By the picture I assume we're dealing with the The Dark Destroyer (Shaun Wallace) and The Sinnerman (Paul Sinha) too. As they're not in the OP, I guess they don't have powers, but who knows what the mods might haven't told us. Wiki also mentions The Vixen (Jenny Ryan) not in the OP pic, so again, assuming not part of the wolf team unless gets to be recruited later or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_(UK_game_show)#Chasers

So, 4 wolves, 1 SK, 16 villagers of which six have powers. But ... just noticed, no seer for the village. Hmmm?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Hello all, great to be on the show tonight.

I'll take "Wolfie for 200 please"

Necro

"Who is the most wolfie so far? Alex"

Correct.

Not a bad start really

"Wolfie for 400"

MrsFD

"Who is the next most wolfie?"

Two out of two ain't bad.

Not sure who to go with for 600 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Bj can ya peek QB and be sound!

I can at least understand your thinking behind that, I would imagine they could come up with a mechanic for a task that would not out a team though.

I fear that putting forward an FFA today for me will let the quiet people slip by (yes ive been relatively quiet too) as im more inclined to look at tasky things people posted in a game where it seems there are tasks
    Barney's opening post this morning, and QB's naming of the Chasers as possible other on thread tasks.

This from your post above for instance I've just noted in my notepad as I'm still struggling to match names to who did stuff in my re-read hence having to ask about the backroom task thing you mentioned.

I am not verifying that just yet. I shall revisit this question when the time is right.

lolwat. suss af

So the tasks you would imagine them being given were 'name all of the chasers on thread' & 'act out a game of jeopardy on thread'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I also want to go back to Drumpot claiming his role right off the bat. It's not sitting right with me for some reason.

I don't see no meta rule :P

But yeah. Also Drumpot after a flurry has vanished into the ether. Something about him claiming his role irks me for some reason.

Keep bringing it up until somebody latches onto it buddy...

Tell people why it doesn’t sit right instead of making vague insinuations.

Incidentally I did offer to be “isolated” on night 1 by all three captains. It was my own plan , that you shot down but it would of been good to build a possible village core. Also would of cleared me with my captain. I know it has its flaws but it was a decent idea barely a few hours into the game so it’s not like a potentially long thought out wolf strategy.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Bj can ya peek QB and be sound!

Why Quickbeam........... you wouldnt be a wolf trying to get me to waste a peek now would you?

Necro when are you taking the break you were saying you were gonna take earlier today?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

lolwat. suss af

I was copy a Beaker post from earlier. We have inside jokes now.

Pter wrote: »
    So the tasks you would imagine them being given were 'name all of the chasers on thread' & 'act out a game of jeopardy on thread'?

Naming all the chasers on thread along with their nicknames was odd, really odd. Using a picture to determine the wolf team is 4 when it's likely flavour is also odd! Does the QB post sit right with ya when you examine it

I wouldn't necessarily think they are but they are not new players and these are posts I wouldn't make because I would think in this game people would jump all over them. They made them anyway so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

peek QB, lynch BJ and shoot Narco.
    That's my position so far.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Naming all the chasers on thread along with their nicknames was odd, really odd. Using a picture to determine the wolf team is 4 when it's likely flavour is also odd! Does the QB post sit right with ya when you examine it

Oh sure look, i pointed out the fluff mention was suss (wolves are fluffy) and then Necro pointed out the names were also suss, and this all happened before. Im 100% on board with QB being under suspicion.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why Quickbeam........... you wouldnt be a wolf trying to get me to waste a peek now would you?

I think shes a wolf, if you think I'm a wolf peek me, happy enough for you to use your fake power on me :)

BJ can you give us the wording on the task you were given please?

• Advertisement

Pter wrote:
    Necro when are you taking the break you were saying you were gonna take earlier today?

Now. Just off to collect kids so you can have a 10 minute respite ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'm not conclusively accusing you Barney. But that post did look wolfy.

Don't abdicate resposibility for that to necro because he asked you a question.

I'm not abdicating anything. I was asked a question and responded with my views as they were. Which were admitted pretty bare. Then I was accused for that which I aggressively reacted to. I was also accused of just trying to appear as though I'm following. That second bit is why I mentioned the necro question. My post was a direct response to him.

There are a lot of people lurking in the forum right now.

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'm not abdicating anything. I was asked a question and responded with my views as they were. Which were admitted pretty bare. Then I was accused for that which I aggressively reacted to. I was also accused of just trying to appear as though I'm following. That second bit is why I mentioned the necro question. My post was a direct response to him.

So Necro made you do it, did he?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lunch time traffic. No harm. Getting bored of Necro and Boe even though they’re fun posters.

Aggressive and now paranoid :) I like your style!

#ffa1

Necro - defensive, deflecting my enquiries, pushing silly theories, ultimately acquiescing to flow of thread and not following his own gut.
    Sully - funky posting, skimming, gut feeling.
    QB - task post, disappeared today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I reached the munch this morning (which means I'm caught up now), but what strikes me is how little after Virt's death there actually was. Partily because the mods came in quickly with the quiz, so the event got drowned out a bit. But from my notes, a summation of it goes...

Virt dies.

Within seconds, Necro and Lough post. Necro "WTF" and Lough "Did he even post." These two posts both registered at 10:00. So these posts had to be typed and processed within a maximum of 60 sec (presuming the munch was at 10:00:00 and the posts were at 10:00:59).

Necro then posts, offering to quote all of Virt's posts".
    MrsF comes in, downplays Virt's role in the game to date.

(three first posts basically downplaying Virt's death, painting him as unimportant to the village)

Pter offers the thought that Virt could have been an SK or wolf.

Lough then posts that Virt could have been a good asset, and that his death is not a good start for the village (which is beyond weird of a statement to make, not just because he was only claiming moments before that he had no memory of Virt even posting, but also....its the first munch. Virt could have easily been an NRV or something utterly inconsequential. Claiming his death hurts the village seems a bit of a stretch so quickly).

Beaker points out Virt hit a hotspot.

Necro quotes all of Virt's posts, but never actually gives much of a read on them. (This could easily appear as looking helpful without actually BEING helpful).

MrsF asks Beaker what the hotspot was. Beaker replies by quoting a Lough post, seemingly accusing him of being a wolf.

Necro asks Pter for some more clarification on his earlier post.

And the mods then begin the quiz.

So 5 people on shortly after the munch. Necro, LoughC, MrsF, Beaker and Pter.
    I don't want to tunnel on people who are just posting. I went into this part of things wanting to see who else was acting suspicious. And the same names popped up on the radar again.

But surely at least one wolf would have been posting shortly after the munch, in an attempt to start guiding the narrative, right? Would every wolf have just not been posting?

There's only 12 posts between munch and the quiz this morning, so its not a lot of work for people to read back over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

So Necro made you do it, did he?

That's what you got from my post? I made the post, it was replying to necro asking me about my views. I then later say I was replying to necro and now it is me trying to abdicate responsibility.

Just to be clear in case anyone thinks I'm trying to abdicate responsibility for not having any solid reads on people I'm not. I owned up to that at the start and am doing so again now.

And I'll look into Lough shortly beaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

In jokes are nice but straight answers are nicer if you have the village interest at heart.

Not just aiming that at you

Advertisement