Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

#postcount

Rikand 10
    duffman13 10
    Lord TSC 9
    Uriel. 8
    Stu Redman 8
    partyjungle 5
    sullivlo 5

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Within seconds, Necro and Lough post. Necro "WTF" and Lough "Did he even post." These two posts both registered at 10:00. So these posts had to be typed and processed within a maximum of 60 sec (presuming the munch was at 10:00:00 and the posts were at 10:00:59).

This is the bit that interests me the most.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    #ffa1

Necro - defensive, deflecting my enquiries, pushing silly theories, ultimately acquiescing to flow of thread and not following his own gut.
    Sully - funky posting, skimming, gut feeling.
    QB - task post, disappeared today.

Deflecting what? You're seriously creating your own narrative with regards to me.

Also I haven't even posted an FFA yet, what makes you think I'm not following my gut? I pointed out the task post that put QB on your FFA...

Baffling behaviour. And your 'three players per team' theory is every bit as silly as anything I've posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Uriel. wrote: »
    peek QB, lynch BJ and shoot Narco.
    That's my position so far.

That damn Nacro!

This is the bit that interests me the most.

Lol I also posted at 9.59am. Does that make me suspicious too?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I reached the munch this morning (which means I'm caught up now), but what strikes me is how little after Virt's death there actually was. Partily because the mods came in quickly with the quiz, so the event got drowned out a bit. But from my notes, a summation of it goes...

Virt dies.

Within seconds, Necro and Lough post. Necro "WTF" and Lough "Did he even post." These two posts both registered at 10:00. So these posts had to be typed and processed within a maximum of 60 sec (presuming the munch was at 10:00:00 and the posts were at 10:00:59).

Necro then posts, offering to quote all of Virt's posts".
    MrsF comes in, downplays Virt's role in the game to date.

(three first posts basically downplaying Virt's death, painting him as unimportant to the village)

Pter offers the thought that Virt could have been an SK or wolf.

Lough then posts that Virt could have been a good asset, and that his death is not a good start for the village (which is beyond weird of a statement to make, not just because he was only claiming moments before that he had no memory of Virt even posting, but also....its the first munch. Virt could have easily been an NRV or something utterly inconsequential. Claiming his death hurts the village seems a bit of a stretch so quickly).

Beaker points out Virt hit a hotspot.

Necro quotes all of Virt's posts, but never actually gives much of a read on them. (This could easily appear as looking helpful without actually BEING helpful).

MrsF asks Beaker what the hotspot was. Beaker replies by quoting a Lough post, seemingly accusing him of being a wolf.

Necro asks Pter for some more clarification on his earlier post.

And the mods then begin the quiz.

So 5 people on shortly after the munch. Necro, LoughC, MrsF, Beaker and Pter.
    I don't want to tunnel on people who are just posting. I went into this part of things wanting to see who else was acting suspicious. And the same names popped up on the radar again.

But surely at least one wolf would have been posting shortly after the munch, in an attempt to start guiding the narrative, right? Would every wolf have just not been posting?

There's only 12 posts between munch and the quiz this morning, so its not a lot of work for people to read back over them.

Your summation is hokum.
    The only interesting part is Lough changing from ' I can't remember Virt' to 'He was an asset to the village.'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

deconduo wrote: »
    On mobile at lunch break so this is just some quick thoughts after skimming the thread:

Scummy:
    LoughC is my top scumread. He was quiet/disinterested up until he got called out, and then was instantly on the thread. I think it was less than 5min it took him to respond. He was clearly following and lurking until that point. His posts after the flip were fishy as well. Also he tried to stir **** by calling posts scummy with no actual follow up.

Rikand Vs Sullivo feels like a soft bus - but I'm less confident on that, more of a gut feeling with no evidence yet. Need some time to read back on their posts.

Lots of lurkers with only fluff posts. Outside of a LoughC lynch I'd be in favour of pushing for a lurker lynch today to try and get some activity going. Even if it's a townie flip, it removes a liability going into the lategame.

Towny:
    Beaker is full of **** and I love it. He's been pressing all the right buttons and getting fantastic reactions.

Necro and pter's interactions feel like 2 townies. Pretty confident about this.

I'll be back on this evening with more detailed stuff when I have more time and a real computer.

Agree on Lough. Agree on Beaker. Think one of Necro or pter could be Anne (My link is not weak, I swear!)

I am hard pushing Sulli, not soft bussing. In a game with no vote counts till end of day though, its hard to gauge how strong the push is

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necro wrote: »
    Your summation is hokum.
    The only interesting part is Lough changing from ' I can't remember Virt' to 'He was an asset to the village.'

The joys of everyone playing in their own skins is everyone should be aware how awful my reads can be at times :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Damn suspicious Necro.

So they both posted shortly after the death notice. It's not like either was a long winded post about their contributions.

Necro's post probably took him less than 5 seconds to write and that's being generous. Hardly surprising that he was first to post given that he also posted at 9.59.

Lough, the timing doesn't bother me really. More so the content, but they may have just been skimming stuff and then on reflection noticed that Virt had posted more than they had thought.

Deflecting what? You're seriously creating your own narrative with regards to me.

Also I haven't even posted an FFA yet, what makes you think I'm not following my gut? I pointed out the task post that put QB on your FFA...

Baffling behaviour. And your 'three players per team' theory is every bit as silly as anything I've posted.

I have commented after every single suspicious thing i have seen you do. Thats not creating a narrative thats commenting on what is happening and putting the pieces together.

I said it was interesting, not suspicious. And TBH yes it is suss. Lord does have a point i doubt all the wolves were offline or silent for the munch. And thats a damned fast refresh and reaction speed if you also posted a minute before the announcement of the munch.

• Advertisement

BJ can you give us the wording on the task you were given please?

Without Copying and pasting directly.

The posts was filled with flavour as to why I was doing it. My task was to engage the villagers with 3 gameshows. I was to posts 3 posts like a question in each chosen game show.

I was given an example of one for Family Fotunes in my Michael Barrymore backroom (thats what its called)

I must ask a question in each post as to the style of the chosen gameshow.

My one condition wa sthat I was not to choose The Chase, Catchphrase, Family Fortunes or Blockbusters. Apart from them 4, I could choose any gameshow I wished.

Once I had completed all 3 gamshow questions and had engagement from the village in each of them. My task was complete.

Sulli chimed into semi regularly yesterday. For the talking of having a game to play she hasn't really done a huge amount in terms of trying to participate. Now I haven't been the most active either and it is early on but given how excited she seemed from the first two posts it seems to fizzle out early on.
    sullivlo wrote: »
    Hello! Love the roles. Seems a really nice twist with the good teams! Like Necros idea of splitting us up into groups. Seems logical.

Also it would be remiss of me to fail to mention how awesome Ireland were yesterday, and I suspect that is the reason for PJs hangover :pac:
    Bed is for wimps! We have a game to play!
    Rikand!! No! Ignore drumpot. He’s just stirring ****e.
    I agree. Nice confession there, albeit a bit gross. You should probably talk to someone about that.
    With all due respect, you’re seeing things, and perhaps should consider speaking with a professional to discuss your hallucinations :)

I have commented after every single suspicious thing i have seen you do. Thats not creating a narrative thats commenting on what is happening and putting the pieces together.

I said it was interesting, not suspicious. And TBH yes it is suss. Lord does have a point i doubt all the wolves were offline or silent for the munch. And thats a damned fast refresh and reaction speed if you also posted a minute before the announcement of the munch.

Yes it is because you keep saying I'm deflecting. I've not deflected a single thing.

And please get out of Lord's pocket.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Without Copying and pasting directly.

The posts was filled with flavour as to why I was doing it. My task was to engage the villagers with 3 gameshows. I was to posts 3 posts like a question in each chosen game show.

I was given an example of one for Family Fotunes in my Michael Barrymore backroom (thats what its called)

I must ask a question in each post as to the style of the chosen gameshow.

My one condition wa sthat I was not to choose The Chase, Catchphrase, Family Fortunes or Blockbusters. Apart from them 4, I could choose any gameshow I wished.

Once I had completed all 3 gamshow questions and had engagement from the village in each of them. My task was complete.

Rule #2.......naming your backroom.....

Two quick replies, takes me less than 5 seconds each. And a quick F5 in between. Jesus lynch me now for my speed typing skills :pac:

LoughC right now

giphy.gif

Yes it is because you keep saying I'm deflecting. I've not deflected a single thing.

And please get out of Lord's pocket.

Lord is doing nothing except pointing out things worth considering. He is not cleared as he hasnt posted enough. When he has, he will be scrutinised. But you certainly have posted enough. Dont act like its crazy for me or anyone to analyse your posts.

OH and by the way, you telling me to get out of Lord's pocket.....that is deflecting.

Rule #2.......naming your backroom.....

My bad. No one else knows this so hopefully no harm no foul

Two quick replies, takes me less than 5 seconds each. And a quick F5 in between. Jesus lynch me now for my speed typing skills :pac:

Which you had time to plan out. And you didnt have to read the post in between.

But what we are talking about is you posting at 9.59, reading the munch announcement, and getting another post in before 10.01.

Lord is doing nothing except pointing out things worth considering. He is not cleared as he hasnt posted enough. When he has, he will be scrutinised. But you certainly have posted enough. Dont act like its crazy for me or anyone to analyse your posts.

OH and by the way, you telling me to get out of Lord's pocket.....that is deflecting.

If you say so :rolleyes:

Beaker just peek me so I can be confirmed as Countdown Clock and Pter can be nominated for the Drumpot award please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm leaving BJ and his reveal to one side for the moment (think the captain can sort that out) but if he can peek anyone i'd go Necro now even though I'd be more suspicious of others like QB, Loughc & Barney. That said I don't want to just focus on the ones talking too but it's only day 1 and we dont have loads to go on yet.

Will the Game Show be at that time every day? Might be on then tomorrow but otherwise might miss then

Whats your FFA Necro.

Which you had time to plan out. And you didnt have to read the post in between.

But what we are talking about is you posting at 9.59, reading the munch announcement, and getting another post in before 10.01.

Yep, both quick replies. Hang me now!

On Lough, he had five posts before the munch I think. So it is conceivable that he didn't follow closely enough to realise Virt was posting. He then says that having read the posts he thinks they could have been an asset, but an hour later says that they weren't memorable. That might mean that they weren't memorable to him on first reading but it is a bit of a change from having said he might have been an asset.

On the challenging Beaker, I think that is fair enough. He might be being strong handed enough in it but if he believes Beaker is lying then why wouldn't he be forceful in his challenging.

Yep, both quick replies. Hang me now!

Get down off your cross and stop acting like all of us aren't up for scrutiny.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Your summation is hokum.

I changed after I re-read his posts because I genuinely didnt remember him posting. Sorry Virt.

He was an asset as he was quick to spot Boe's task.

As fun as its been fingering Necro, i really think we should kill off a low contributing low poster.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Whats your FFA Necro.

Is anyone compiling them? im not usually active enough but I find that very important in getting people to realize people are on to them and making them talk more.

Is anyone compiling them? im not usually active enough but I find that very important in getting people to realize people are on to them and making them talk more.

Yeah ill do it.

• Advertisement

Whats your FFA Necro.

I'd prefer other less frequent posters to give their thoughts first but for now...

#FFA1

Sully - gut feel, her posts have been quoted by a few.
    QB - Given Beaker admitted to tasking it's likely there was on thread tasks for evils too. This is the best bet.
    Drumpot - Still bothering me that he off the bat claimed his role. Then looking to be isolated, could be a play by the SK to be ignored for a few days.

Barney also but I think the jeopardy task is less likely.

Advertisement