Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Can all the people getting called out please do a prelim FFA. I want to see if you flip flop or change your tune later.

Talking to you BJ, Loughc, Barney, QB, Sully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Your list in general is an effort to appear helpful by supplying your "reads"

Ah here now, if I was trying to appear helpful I probably would've come up with something better than I what I actually have.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    TBH i think Beaker is FOS. Naming your backroom is against the rules. If that was his BR, he would get a mod rebuke.

Maybe he has, but if they did it on thread it would essentially confirm him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

FFA #1

Rikland - Posts to date pure fluff... online a lot but not contributing. Either low lying wolf or poor villager, either way no loss to the village.

BJ (BOE) - Fake Role claim, fake task, everything fake. Either wolf or good NRV willing to get himself on chopping block for good or village.

Fixxxer - Quick to defend Sully's posts, and deflecting when Necro starting sniffing around... very wolf like.

Necro wrote: »
    Maybe he has, but if they did it on thread it would essentially confirm him.

Well by my logic, the absence of one confirms him the other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

#postcount

Rikand 10
    duffman13 10
    Lord TSC 9
    Uriel. 8
    Stu Redman 8
    partyjungle 5
    sullivlo 5

fyi, I am going to be in the bottom half of posters for today. guaranteed. shaping up to be a busy day overall. If i make as much as 20-30 posts I'll be doing well

Barney92 wrote: »
    Ah here now, if I was trying to appear helpful I probably would've come up with something better than I what I actually have.

giphy.gif

Lough why did you feel to shorten BJs name to a longer nickname.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The names I am seeing mentioned that I'm leaning away from in terms of being village are Sully, QB, LoughC and Barney. For what it's worth right now I think Pter seems on the level, Necro is just being Necro, Could say the same for BJ as I'm willing to give him rope for now hoping he does not hang himself with his captain. Which of those first four are people on most and why more so than the others? Ignoring my gut im leaning towards QB (with Barney second) as a wolf but thats mostly due to the tasky post, my gut leans towards Sully/Loughc

#FFA1

1. QB
    2. Loughc
    3. Barney

might update this later, it's still early (but late here)

#FFA1

Poster|1|2|3|
    Pter| Necro| Sully|QB
    Necro| Sully| QB| Drumpot
    LoughC| Rikand| BJ| Fixxxer
    BH| QB| Loughc| Barney

Loughc wrote: »
    FFA #1

Rikland - Posts to date pure fluff... online a lot but not contributing. Either low lying wolf or poor villager, either way no loss to the village.

BJ (BOE) - Fake Role claim, fake task, everything fake. Either wolf or good NRV willing to get himself on chopping block for good or village.

Fixxxer - Quick to defend Sully's posts, and deflecting when Necro starting sniffing around... very wolf like.
    The names I am seeing mentioned that I'm leaning away from in terms of being village are Sully, QB, LoughC and Barney. For what it's worth right now I think Pter seems on the level, Necro is just being Necro, Could say the same for BJ as I'm willing to give him rope for now hoping he does not hang himself with his captain. Which of those first four are people on most and why more so than the others? Ignoring my gut im leaning towards QB (with Barney second) as a wolf but thats mostly due to the tasky post, my gut leans towards Sully/Loughc

#FFA1

1. QB
    2. Loughc
    3. Barney

might update this later, it's still early (but late here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

TBH i think Beaker is FOS. Naming your backroom is against the rules. If that was his BR, he would get a mod rebuke.

Im always full of it

Can all the people getting called out please do a prelim FFA. I want to see if you flip flop or change your tune later.

Talking to you BJ, Loughc, Barney, QB, Sully.

I did one, read back

Pter, it's probably your collaboration method but it might make those not paying attention simply FFA from the ones already done if you keep updating. Also you missed Beaker's :P

Panic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I reached the munch this morning (which means I'm caught up now), but what strikes me is how little after Virt's death there actually was. Partily because the mods came in quickly with the quiz, so the event got drowned out a bit. But from my notes, a summation of it goes...

Virt dies.

Within seconds, Necro and Lough post. Necro "WTF" and Lough "Did he even post." These two posts both registered at 10:00. So these posts had to be typed and processed within a maximum of 60 sec (presuming the munch was at 10:00:00 and the posts were at 10:00:59).

Necro then posts, offering to quote all of Virt's posts".
    MrsF comes in, downplays Virt's role in the game to date.

(three first posts basically downplaying Virt's death, painting him as unimportant to the village)

Pter offers the thought that Virt could have been an SK or wolf.

Lough then posts that Virt could have been a good asset, and that his death is not a good start for the village (which is beyond weird of a statement to make, not just because he was only claiming moments before that he had no memory of Virt even posting, but also....its the first munch. Virt could have easily been an NRV or something utterly inconsequential. Claiming his death hurts the village seems a bit of a stretch so quickly).

Beaker points out Virt hit a hotspot.

Necro quotes all of Virt's posts, but never actually gives much of a read on them. (This could easily appear as looking helpful without actually BEING helpful).

MrsF asks Beaker what the hotspot was. Beaker replies by quoting a Lough post, seemingly accusing him of being a wolf.

Necro asks Pter for some more clarification on his earlier post.

And the mods then begin the quiz.

So 5 people on shortly after the munch. Necro, LoughC, MrsF, Beaker and Pter.
    I don't want to tunnel on people who are just posting. I went into this part of things wanting to see who else was acting suspicious. And the same names popped up on the radar again.

But surely at least one wolf would have been posting shortly after the munch, in an attempt to start guiding the narrative, right? Would every wolf have just not been posting?

There's only 12 posts between munch and the quiz this morning, so its not a lot of work for people to read back over them.

Skimmed a lot so I could reply lol

AM I showing my age? my reply was from the game show! whats a hotspot not! nothing to do with anything. I was pretty sure that was the phrase the guy used anyway.

As for not replying to Barney. I assume he is talking about his little gameshow thing where he mentioned me? didn't think anything of it, so didn't think to reply. Sorry if you feel I ignored you young fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

sullivlo wrote: »
    Hello! Love the roles. Seems a really nice twist with the good teams! Like Necros idea of splitting us up into groups. Seems logical.

Also it would be remiss of me to fail to mention how awesome Ireland were yesterday, and I suspect that is the reason for PJs hangover :pac:
    Drumpot wrote: »
    Oh-My-Sweet-Jesus-Dodgeball-Reaction-With-Kevin-Bacon.gif
    Rikand wrote: »
    I see it too

-
    Again, taking the claim as true (and I'm not certain yet obviously), sully would be another one I'd be looking into. Gut feel on her is she's a bit naughty.

I would usually trust your gut, but in this case you’re wrong. Peek away on me, but it would be a waste of a peek.
    Necro, obvs.

Sully if not him.

Trit, if not her.

See above. Peek away on me, but it would be a waste of a peek.
    fixxxer wrote: »
    I suggest peak Sulli or Rikand after their little interaction yesterday.

See above. Peek away on me, but it would be a waste of a peek.
    Just skimmed up to almost 11am and saw people asking for my case on Sulli so here it is ::

Too excited. Short, sharp sentences. Trying to force an appearance of villageryness but it comes over the top.

Instead of backing off, he doubles down on it here ::

And then feint resignation. He's been caught, but still doesnt know the real reason why.

I am very afk this morning. Home with 2 sick kids and i have to make their lunches now. Will catch up on more of the thread later.

(P.S. - How do I change my number of posts per page from 15 to something better for playing werewolf ?) :)

She ;)
    Control panel I think Rikand.

Also sully is a she :P

But I tend to agree on her not being on the up and up.

Thanks for defending my gender necro.
    Why ? Sell me on her

Beej - I’m good.
    Well, my suspicions are somewhat rough at this stage in the game. Not really suspicions, more thoughts.

Beaker - not sure whether I believe them or not. Seems an unlikely power to have but possible. Him lying wouldn't make him a wolf though.

Necro - Some of your ideas have been a bit out there. Well at least the splitting the village into three anyway. But I'm not sure if that's just a villager trying to come up with a plan or a wolf move.

Sully - not really sure what you're seeing there. Could be missing it but it's not clear to me

MrsFD - my opening post included a nothing claim that she's a wolf and I don't believe she interacted with it. That would be playing it pretty cool if she's a wolf.

Uriel - I'm not in a well or dead so I'd have to be wary of my nemesis.

Thanks Barney.
    I think Necro would be a good idea. If you're on the straight and narrow then it would clear up a lot for the village because he's the highest poster. It'd be good to know that he's village.

If you're lying I'm going to guess you'll 'peek' Sully.

As I said - Peek away on me, but it would be a waste of a peek.
    deconduo wrote: »
    On mobile at lunch break so this is just some quick thoughts after skimming the thread:

Scummy:
    LoughC is my top scumread. He was quiet/disinterested up until he got called out, and then was instantly on the thread. I think it was less than 5min it took him to respond. He was clearly following and lurking until that point. His posts after the flip were fishy as well. Also he tried to stir **** by calling posts scummy with no actual follow up.

Rikand Vs Sullivo feels like a soft bus - but I'm less confident on that, more of a gut feeling with no evidence yet. Need some time to read back on their posts.

Lots of lurkers with only fluff posts. Outside of a LoughC lynch I'd be in favour of pushing for a lurker lynch today to try and get some activity going. Even if it's a townie flip, it removes a liability going into the lategame.

Towny:
    Beaker is full of **** and I love it. He's been pressing all the right buttons and getting fantastic reactions.

Necro and pter's interactions feel like 2 townies. Pretty confident about this.

I'll be back on this evening with more detailed stuff when I have more time and a real computer.

Not a soft bus.
    I like this guy, regardless of alignment :D

This is a pocket.
    Agreed.
    #ffa1

Necro - defensive, deflecting my enquiries, pushing silly theories, ultimately acquiescing to flow of thread and not following his own gut.
    Sully - funky posting, skimming, gut feeling.
    QB - task post, disappeared today.

There must be a bout of gastroenteritis going with all of these dodgy guts.
    Agree on Lough. Agree on Beaker. Think one of Necro or pter could be Anne (My link is not weak, I swear!)

I am hard pushing Sulli, not soft bussing. In a game with no vote counts till end of day though, its hard to gauge how strong the push is

But I don’t need to be bussed.
    Sulli chimed into semi regularly yesterday. For the talking of having a game to play she hasn't really done a huge amount in terms of trying to participate. Now I haven't been the most active either and it is early on but given how excited she seemed from the first two posts it seems to fizzle out early on.

Fell asleep. Then there were 6 teachers absent today so I have been a busy bee!

Pter, it's probably your collaboration method but it might make those not paying attention simply FFA from the ones already done if you keep updating. Also you missed Beaker's :P

That is useful info in itself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Panic?

Affection for my poor sweet BOE... he'll be sleeping the eternal sleep as soon as I get bullets...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thing about sully is while I'm in general agreement with what others have said, I'm concerned it's previous game bias/hang the low poster stuff.

It's harder when it's not an anon account I have no quibbles about voting to swing.

The soft defense is noted

I did one, read back

For the love of....

#FFA1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

FFA1
    Will post rationale later when I finish in work

I am leaning towards
    1. Minus 6
    2. QB
    3. Lordy

I'll quickly explain lordy, he popped in outta nowhere today and started posting in a drip feed way about his thoughts after reaching various stages of his catchup. That seems unnecessary. He is appearing to be overly helpful while getting post count up. Not a locked in wolf, but this is suspicious play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

sorry PTER:
    #FFA1

I am leaning towards
    1. Minus 6
    2. QB
    3. Lordy

I'll quickly explain lordy, he popped in outta nowhere today and started posting in a drip feed way about his thoughts after reaching various stages of his catchup. That seems unnecessary. He is appearing to be overly helpful while getting post count up. Not a locked in wolf, but this is suspicious play.

Uriel. wrote: »
    FFA1

I am leaning towards
    1. Minus 6
    2. QB
    3. Lordy

FFA1

I am leaning towards
    1. Minus 6
    2. QB
    3. Lordy

:( Not you too Uriel

Pter, I have Beaker's noted, no need to read back. But for clarity it's:

Loughc
    Barney
    No third.

Lads i made a stupid mistake in my haste and edited the FFA collation post above to put in BJs without thinking about it.

Ive reedited it to its original format and let the mods know i did that. Stupid mistake. Sorry.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108664984&postcount=701

The soft defense is noted

:cool: Damned if you, damned if you don't :(

peek QB, lynch BJ and shoot Narco.
    That's my position so far.
    sorry PTER:
    #FFA1

I am leaning towards
    1. Minus 6
    2. QB
    3. Lordy

Why Lordy over me?

Afternoon folks.

Did anyone check Beaker's swimming pool? That would be a dead giveaway for us.

(Not sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

#ffa1

Necro - defensive, deflecting my enquiries, pushing silly theories, ultimately acquiescing to flow of thread and not following his own gut.
    Sully - funky posting, skimming, gut feeling.
    QB - task post, disappeared today.

As fun as its been fingering Necro, i really think we should kill off a low contributing low poster.

Ooh er
    Yeah ill do it.
    As things stand due to suspect posting and due to her being a low poster, my beloved co-mod and forum besto, Sully, gets my vote to swing.

Luv u 2 bbz
    Thing about sully is while I'm in general agreement with what others have said, I'm concerned it's previous game bias/hang the low poster stuff.

It's harder when it's not an anon account I have no quibbles about voting to swing.

Not fair :(
    I cant remember the last time Sully played. What did she do that would bias me?
    Haha, I was referring to my own thoughts. But she was last a wolf in JP.

#FFA1
    Necro
    Pter
    Beaker

Necro and pter because their interactions seem too forced/planned.

Beaker because of the crazy role claim.

• Advertisement

Afternoon folks.

Did anyone check Beaker's swimming pool? That would be a dead giveaway for us.

(Not sorry)

Dark Stu is dark.

Advertisement