Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

On Virtanen, I was surprised he got offed tbh. Expected a larger than life name for the chop if I'm completely honest. But my thinking now is that based off the last game, the wolves/SK (we don't know who got the kill) went role hunting for a safer bet for a guaranteed kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    On Virtanen, I was surprised he got offed tbh. Expected a larger than life name for the chop if I'm completely honest. But my thinking now is that based off the last game, the wolves/SK (we don't know who got the kill) went role hunting for a safer bet for a guaranteed kill.

Who would have been a better target IYHO.

Afternoon folks.

Did anyone check Beaker's swimming pool? That would be a dead giveaway for us.

(Not sorry)

Afternoon Stucifer :eek:

:pac: Who are your current suspicions surrounding?

Pter wrote: »
    TBH i think Beaker is FOS. Naming your backroom is against the rules. If that was his BR, he would get a mod rebuke.

FOS?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tritium wrote: »
    Is that a hard claim or just messing?

Neither I'm making the point of saying lets just see how Boe's claim works out is silly.

We either out a captain to say he's a wolf which immediately offers the captain up to the wolves and what's stopping another wolf going oh yeah I'm roy, Boe is a grand wee lad so he is.

Catch a wolf... kill a wolf...

• Advertisement

FOS?

Full of $hit

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Who would have been a better target IYHO.

Not me anyways, I suspect I'd be a (some would say fair) target to be pushed for lynching.

I was thinking maybe you, or Lough, or Stu based off the last game. Pter maybe as an outside bet.

Trit and QB were in my thoughts too tbh.

Fine!

Well I bring good news to the Village................ But should I reveal said good news..........

I think I shall.

I can reveal who I am and get protected. I may not get into a backroom with my Captain as a result but I can aid the village

I am the Gameshow Clown.

My name is Michael Barrymore...............ORIGHT!

400px-Strikeitrich_michaelbarrymore_chatting.jpg

My role was similar to a derp. I went mad with the pressures of fame and forgot which show I hosted, so I had to enaged the village with 3 games not connected to the captains or wolves.

I could choose which games and the mods have told me I am succesful. I chose who wants to be a millonaire, Wheel of Fortune and Pointless. I had to do this before 10am today. Which I just about did.

I have no won a prize for the village. And guess what ...............we have a seer!

I have 3 peeks. I can use them once a day so I have until 9pm to peek someone. I will now tell you that Im am on Team Catchphrase, so Roy can protect me.

Whats a hotspot not.............

So LoughC, lets see what our seer check says shall we.

Ive no reason to stay hidden, no reason not to come out!

latest?cb=20070428135736

Right, in all seriousness though...

I could see this role in such a game*. BUT...I still remember the Almanac.

I'm on the fence about this claim at the moment - I don't want to dismiss Beaker in this game based on a big bluff 11 months ago.

However, Beaker is great at...Beakering. In a response to someone since his reveal, he said "I'm pretty sure I'm Beakering too". Plus, he named his BR on thread and didn't get a slap from the mods. Plus...a full 3 Seer peeks just for completing a simple enough task? (Simple because it could be passed off as early game fluff if it backfired, like I passed it off as yesterday when talking about Beaker)...Also, we have a wolf seer in the game.

*I could see this clown role, but Necro as Countdown Clock?! :pac: Ah...it's that mental, and Necro is so firmly standing by it, I'm actually believing it for now.

Elsewhere...

I mentioned tasks a few times yesterday, and rather than just mentioned them, gave an example of what I thought might be a task and why. That Chasers post of QBs. And the fact that she doesn't seem to be around today only adds to the worry.

No, not solely because she isn't here, but because...

With tasks in this game, I'm looking towards posters who got in early yesterday, made a hape of posts, but haven't really been seen since. Those flurry of early posts could have allowed them to hide their task, and they've fúcked off since knowing that they were successful.

QB ticks this box for me, and along with her Chasers post it is bugging me.

More than her though (with the 'post a lot and early, then disappear' point), Drumpot is tingling my senses.

I'm still properly reading posts from earlier today, but as of now I'd be hard pressed to keep Drumpot and QB off my FFA.

Loughc wrote: »
    Neither I'm making the point of saying lets just see how Boe's claim works out is silly.

We either out a captain to say he's a wolf which immediately offers the captain up to the wolves and what's stopping another wolf going oh yeah I'm roy, Boe is a grand wee lad so he is.

You havent caught a wolf though. That phrase is reserved for when we actually have a confirmed wolf.

I havent caught a wolf either, I might soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The bells are tolling LoughC

They are indeed. I'm no wolf or SK but I suspected you were and that cost me dearly.. the wolves are piling in on me, but that's ok, my death will give the village something to go on.

Outside of my sweet dear Boe, Rickard & Fixxxer need looking into flying below the radar.. while there's bandwagons growing everywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So basically because I posted at 10am... riiiiiiiigggghhhht. :pac:

Have you seen my post count and the rapid succession of my posts?

You do remember I was worried about you even before I posted bout your posting at 10am? :pac:

Hold on I can accept you putting either me or Boe on the FFA but both?

What's the rationale there?

I'd love an answer to this Mrs. :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You do remember I was worried about you even before I posted bout your posting at 10am? :pac:

Meh, people are always worried about me. Heck, I worry about me, in what I'll do or say next :pac:

But as for my alignment, it's of the good persuasion. If I could ever find out what the heck I'm counting down to, it would be even better.

Meh, people are always worried about me. Heck, I worry about me, in what I'll do or say next :pac:

But as for my alignment, it's of the good persuasion. If I could ever find out what the heck I'm counting down to, it would be even better.

So you have a countdown timer? correct?

So you have a countdown timer? correct?

Yeah, dunno when to though.

Please be Y2J, please be Y2J.

Chris+Jericho+WWF+Debut.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Ok, let’s work through that

You can’t know he’s a wolf unless he on your team or you have an insight not readily available or to the rest of us. Let’s talk through the positions you’ve given above under the assumption that you don’t definitively know so:

Beaker confirmed as on Roy’s team tonight - Roy doesn’t need to come forward. One clear villager with peeks

Beaker not confirmed - Roy does come forward. It limits certain players since they can’t be cleared or protected but apart from that it’s a 1:1 on the wolves.

A wolf claims Roy - now a Roy reveal nets a 2:1

Roy was virtanen - priest reveal required.

Only one of those four scenarios is moderately terrible for us. So why the rush?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Do you get told if it is counting down or have you been told when it starts/started?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Hold on I can accept you putting either me or Boe on the FFA but both?

What's the rationale there?
    Got to be BS.....ah Flush
    It's a serious as yours ;)

Or course it bloody isn't.
    I'd love an answer to this Mrs. :)

Apologise for letting domestic matters get in the way there. I have 27 mins till my timer goes off, just in case I disappear again!

Both on as both at it? not sure what was going on. But now it appears you are both a pair of rascals and I am pretty gullable really.

That is my defence, I is just a bit stoopid and didn't believe or not know what to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So Necro seriously is the countdown clock? is there a set time your counting down to? if so when?

Barney92 wrote: »
    Do you get told if it is counting down or have you been told when it starts/started?

All I currently know is that I'm counting down to something at some time. Believe me I wish I could be less vague. I presume I'll probably be told when I'm activated or near the time.

Apologise for letting domestic matters get in the way there. I have 27 mins till my timer goes off, just in case I disappear again!

Both on as both at it? not sure what was going on. But now it appears you are both a pair of rascals and I am pretty gullable really.

That is my defence, I is just a bit stoopid and didn't believe or not know what to believe.

Well this is whissy washy... why do you have both me and Boe on your FFA, I'm not buying the whole stupid act from you at all....

Maybe it's a countdown to let me into a backroom? That would be nice :/

All I currently know is that I'm counting down to something at some time. Believe me I wish I could be less vague. I presume I'll probably be told when I'm activated or near the time.

Like, this is for real? I know in WW you can have many things. But a clock? maybe ya go BOOM :p

Maybe it's a countdown to let me into a backroom? That would be nice :/

So your roled, but dont have a backroom..............hmmmmm

So Necro seriously is the countdown clock? is there a set time your counting down to? if so when?

I presumed that claim was a joke a the start?

Well this is whissy washy... why do you have both me and Boe on your FFA, I'm not buying the whole stupid act from you at all....

Can you just clarify, BOE, is BJ?

Why can't I think you are both wolfy? making up stuff is classic wolf games. One could be the SK.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I get the mistrust, no problems here. I can give you details in time. Right now its best to keep the wolves in the dark.

In all fairness, there was plenty of details in below post:
    Without Copying and pasting directly.

The posts was filled with flavour as to why I was doing it. My task was to engage the villagers with 3 gameshows. I was to posts 3 posts like a question in each chosen game show.

I was given an example of one for Family Fotunes in my Michael Barrymore backroom (thats what its called)

I must ask a question in each post as to the style of the chosen gameshow.

My one condition wa sthat I was not to choose The Chase, Catchphrase, Family Fortunes or Blockbusters. Apart from them 4, I could choose any gameshow I wished.

Once I had completed all 3 gamshow questions and had engagement from the village in each of them. My task was complete.

When you were pushed earlier you said
    I shall not be giving wolves more information than they need at this moment in time

In between saying you wouldn’t give any information to the wolves you disclosed exactly what you had to do.

I’m not sure what to make of it. A very bold play if a wolf and just as likely bad as good TBH.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    On Lough, he had five posts before the munch I think. So it is conceivable that he didn't follow closely enough to realise Virt was posting. He then says that having read the posts he thinks they could have been an asset, but an hour later says that they weren't memorable. That might mean that they weren't memorable to him on first reading but it is a bit of a change from having said he might have been an asset.

On the challenging Beaker, I think that is fair enough. He might be being strong handed enough in it but if he believes Beaker is lying then why wouldn't he be forceful in his challenging.

Could be a player defending a member of their team. Which team is unclear.
    I'd prefer other less frequent posters to give their thoughts first but for now...

#FFA1

Sully - gut feel, her posts have been quoted by a few.
    QB - Given Beaker admitted to tasking it's likely there was on thread tasks for evils too. This is the best bet.
    Drumpot - Still bothering me that he off the bat claimed his role. Then looking to be isolated, could be a play by the SK to be ignored for a few days.

Barney also but I think the jeopardy task is less likely.

Funny how Necro totally ignored my response to him twice being irked by my early role claim (plan nrv) :

Drumpot wrote: »
    Keep bringing it up until somebody latches onto it buddy...

Tell people why it doesn’t sit right instead of making vague insinuations.

Incidentally I did offer to be “isolated” on night 1 by all three captains. It was my own plan , that you shot down but it would of been good to build a possible village core. Also would of cleared me with my captain. I know it has its flaws but it was a decent idea barely a few hours into the game so it’s not like a potentially long thought out wolf strategy.

And for clarity this is the post that has Necro all hot and bothered:
    Drumpot wrote: »
    Just back from a nice jog on the beach.

Bit confused on the dynamics:

3 village teams - 15 goodies
    1 wolf team - 4 wolves
    1 Sk

Is that correct?

Surely the village doesn’t get to “clear” 3 villagers a day and there is a specific dynamic to the teams. Perhaps each village consists of 5 villagers (captain plus 4 contestants) and if the captain didn’t pick a contestant who is assigned to his team it shows as not on his team?

Also , I’m NRV.

Also , I’m not a wolf.

Also, I’m not pocketing people

Also, I’m sitting on the coach all sweaty and still in my running gear so wanted to leave you all with a horrible thought of hot , wet , smelly drumpot before I wash away the stench of hard work....

After giving you that horrible vision, I recommend that you say what you see....

naughtymrchips1.gif

It was my first post and just having a laugh. But it’s really irked Necro.

Incidentally it was Necro who mostly shot down my strategy on all three captains picking one target tonight. It’s not perfect but would mean potentially guarantee clearing a villager and protecting them. It wasn’t Perfect but I was willing to be the first person triple isolated so I wasn’t hiding in the strategy...

• Advertisement

Like, this is for real? I know in WW you can have many things. But a clock? maybe ya go BOOM :p

Well we've had dogs before. Kinda fun being an inanimate object though :pac:

Advertisement