Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Necro wrote: »
    You'd only get to chat with your captain if the wolves targeted you whilst protected.

Assuming you're a villager of course...

giphy.gif

Ah good spot. So long enough odds on a captain getting a village room together. It would seem that protecting the captains becomes more important so as it’s their reveal that can give us a core. Also means drum pots plan is a little less effective since the wolves are unlikely to target a nominated player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tritium wrote: »
    Ah good spot. So long enough odds on a captain getting a village room together. It would seem that protecting the captains becomes more important so as it’s their reveal that can give us a core. Also means drum pots plan is a little less effective since the wolves are unlikely to target a nominated player.

And I don't think the captains can be protected as they can't isolate themselves, and are on different teams by design. :cool:

I for one am devastated Rachel Riley is not in this game :(

0667547e4731b4cdb15e3a9bb3ebd9f9.gif

quickbeam wrote: »
    I propose a powerplay move!

Ah yes, if drumpot ever wants proof that he wasn’t the first player to go down a spectacular tunnel it’s all there:). Four of us at it as I recall, and powerplay the cherry on top

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

You'd only get to chat with your captain if the wolves targeted you whilst protected.

Assuming you're a villager of course...

giphy.gif

But it also means that if I’m good and find my captain wolves have to play Russian roulette when deciding whether to kill me. My captain may or may not protect me. Also means my captain knows I’m good and can see who targets me on thread even if we can’t talk...

If I am bad this is a fairly risky strategy to do so early. It’s no implausible but it’s aggressive. If nobody comes up with a better idea for night 1 choice I don’t see the harm in giving it a go.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, if drumpot ever wants proof that he wasn’t the first player to go down a spectacular tunnel it’s all there:). Four of us at it as I recall, and powerplay the cherry on top

When was that? Nice to hear I’m not the only person who specializes in rabbit holes :pac:

I for one am devastated Rachel Riley is not in this game :(

0667547e4731b4cdb15e3a9bb3ebd9f9.gif

Is that real life? Like does that actually happen in countdown now?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is that real life? Like does that actually happen in countdown now?

8/10 Cats does Countdown would be my guess.

find my captain wolves

Uh oh... I forgot a comma... I’m outta here post haste...

0b0671d28211eef6b64736f249b0dbc8.gif

When was that? Nice to hear I’m not the only person who specializes in rabbit holes :pac:

That was the game before the game of thrones game. I know this because I was killed first in the GoT game. Once you read about power play you may have an understanding why.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Afternoon everyone. How are we all.

Can we replace Deal or no deal with bullets or no bullets instead?

Another idea would be for the 3 gameshow hosts to divide the roster into 3.

So 7 names each.

Blockbusters selects from the first 7

Family Fortunes from the middle 7

Catchphrase from the bottom 7

3 potential recruits/protects each night....?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

That was the game before the game of thrones game. I know this because I was killed first in the GoT game. Once you read about power play you may have an understanding why.

Oh yeah, sorry about that :(

giphy.gif

I am hangover

I am hangover

This is how I picture you right now

e88080d51d173fb43305a19e428893aa38a0fc864ff47634d5a01e1060ac0b5a.jpg

Posted:
    Necro
    Beakerjoe
    Virtanen
    Bounty Hunter
    Tritium
    LoughC
    Quickbeam
    Drumpot
    Partyjungle

Yet to Post:
    Fixxxer
    Sinbad311
    Rikand
    Barney92
    Pter
    Lord TSC
    Sully
    Deconduo
    Uriel
    MrsFlushdraw
    Duffman13
    Stu Redman

That's a loooooooonnnnnng list of peeps yet to post.

I am jack's complete lack of surprise

It's been a while since I played. Looking forward to getting stuck in. Gonna grab food and then try and understand the OP once these pain killers kick in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

But it also means that if I’m good and find my captain wolves have to play Russian roulette when deciding whether to kill me. My captain may or may not protect me. Also means my captain knows I’m good and can see who targets me on thread even if we can’t talk...

If I am bad this is a fairly risky strategy to do so early. It’s no implausible but it’s aggressive. If nobody comes up with a better idea for night 1 choice I don’t see the harm in giving it a go.

Wolves would be pretty stupid to try and target you on-thread if they knew you were confirmed by one captain. I prefer the idea of captains choosing for themselves who to isolate. Maybe from a narrowed-down list like Necro said, but I'm not a fan of the wolves knowing who is being isolated, especially when it's only a 20% chance of finding a team member

• Advertisement

It's been a while since I played. Looking forward to getting stuck in. Gonna grab food and then try and understand the OP once these pain killers kick in.

Would that be a triple painkiller with a dash of cola?

Virtanen wrote: »
    Wolves would be pretty stupid to try and target you on-thread if they knew you were confirmed by one captain. I prefer the idea of captains choosing for themselves who to isolate. Maybe from a narrowed-down list like Necro said, but I'm not a fan of the wolves knowing who is being isolated, especially when each captain only has a 20% chance of finding a team member

giphy.gif

Added to my original post with the bolded part :)

Added to my original post with the bolded part :)

Yeh I only saw that after you posted...

I too have been burned by the inability to edit and am forced to commit to what I submit...

2 posts away from 9k Drumpot...

8d23a4d2f746f5a1edcb7e1b6f1aa8225bb9965c5881487ae2d1831abdc4a173.jpg

2 posts away from 9k Drumpot...

8d23a4d2f746f5a1edcb7e1b6f1aa8225bb9965c5881487ae2d1831abdc4a173.jpg

iwnaot.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

turn heel on Necro with your 9k post!

I'll see you guys when day 1 starts, hopefully most people will have posted by then

Necro... Challange accepted

EnchantingBoringBeagle-small.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hey guys :)

Advertisement