Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Grats Drum

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Drumpots plan leaves the village open to easy kills by the Wolves and SK while the plan doesnt guarantee may only guarantee one wolf by Wednesday, correct?

I dont think thats worth it.

That said I dont have plan myself but I do think keeping the Wolves in the dark about who the Captains protect is the best strategic plan. Its all about luck though

Necro wrote: »
    Posted:

Yet to Post:

That's a loooooooonnnnnng list of peeps yet to post.

I think this is the earliest I have checked into a boards.ie werewolf game yet

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sup Riker Island :pac:

Friend or foe ;)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Drumpots plan leaves the village open to easy kills by the Wolves and SK while the plan doesnt guarantee may only guarantee one wolf by Wednesday, correct?

That said I dont have plan myself but I do think keeping the Wolves in the dark about who the Captains protect is the best strategic plan. Its all about luck though

Lynch wolves, clear villagers

• Advertisement

Sup Riker Island :pac:

Friend or foe ;)

No idea what you are, but I am a villager :)

May guarantee none, could be simply 3 villagers.

If they each took a section of the roster though so they didn't cross protect it might be better than a single candidate.

Rikand wrote: »
    No idea what you are, but I am a villager :)

Nice! Me too!

May guarantee none, could be simply 3 villagers.

If they each took a section of the roster though so they didn't cross protect it might be better than a single candidate.

True but we would get 3 people in captains backroom potentially

Well through Drumpots plan that's highly unlikely. I'm with you on not narrowing down the list for captains to select to a single candidate.

They won't try to kill them so that means they won't end up in a backroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

No I think you can only get one in captains backroom - I think they have to be protected successfully for that to happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Incredibly unlikely, they only enter the backroom if they're isolated AND targeted by the SK or Wolves

Virtanen wrote: »
    Incredibly unlikely, they only enter the backroom if they're isolated AND targeted by the SK or Wolves

Correct, which is why Im not on board with it, I thought I implied that much

As I was saying before if the roster was split into 3 sets of 7, leave the captains decide from that selection.

So:

Blockbusters
    Necro
    Fixxxer
    Beakerjoe
    Sinbad311
    LoughC
    Quickbeam
    Tritium

Family Fortunes
    Rikand
    Virtanen
    Barney92
    Pter
    Lord TSC
    Sully
    Deconduo

Catchphrase
    Uriel
    PJ
    MrsFlushdraw
    Bounty Hunter
    Duffman13
    Stu Redman
    Drumpot

If they select from those lists the wolves won't be able to narrow it down to a single target.

And they'll also avoid cross selection/protection.

This list should give us at least one possible protect if my mind is working correctly right now

This list should give us at least one possible protect if my mind is working correctly right now

Yeah at least one, possibly more. Better to maximise our chances of protecting players with having all three not crossing swords.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Hi folks, looking forward to this. Only disappointed that there is no team for Crystal Maze. objectively the best game show ever and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

deconduo wrote: »
    Hi folks, looking forward to this. Only disappointed that there is no team for Crystal Maze. objectively the best game show ever and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Welcome deconduo! No arguments from me but let's not mention the reboot...

Fun House was waaaaaay better

• Advertisement

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Priest (Jim Bowen): The announcer will be informed of all roles of the eliminated.

Does this mean we don't see the roles of dead players by default? Ouch :(

Correct, unfortunately. Adds hella fuel to the fire of paranoia

Yep :/ Priest is pretty important in this game as well with seemingly no full seer :cool:

On our side at least.

Thinking about it, I actually don't hate the idea of the Captains choosing for themselves from the full list of 20 other players, even at the risk of accidentally doubling up on someone

If they were to unknowingly pick the same person, there's a 40% chance they'll be confirmed to one Captain

Virtanen wrote: »
    Thinking about it, I actually don't hate the idea of the Captains choosing for themselves from the full list of 20 other players, even at the risk of accidentally doubling up on someone

If they were to unknowingly pick the same person, there's a 40% chance they'll be confirmed to one Captain

I mean, they're unlikely to isolate the same person twice anyways if they get told nothing the first time round. Captain's role is to find their team mates, thus reducing the list of potential wolves.
    Protection is a bonus.

As I was saying before if the roster was split into 3 sets of 7, leave the captains decide from that selection.

If they select from those lists the wolves won't be able to narrow it down to a single target.

Can you explain your reasoning a bit more because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me?

Seems like the best plan is to let captains protect who they see as the most towny/likely to get hit. I don't understand how arbitrary lists helps that.

Welcome deconduo! No arguments from me but let's not mention the reboot...

What reboot? :pac:
    Fun House was waaaaaay better

Oi! #Vote: beakerjoe

Can you explain your reasoning a bit more because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me?

Seems like the best plan is to let captains protect who they see as the most towny/likely to get hit. I don't understand how arbitrary lists helps that.

Yeah sure.

The thinking behind it is that they won't cross select so there's a better chance of protecting.

Yeah sure.

The thinking behind it is that they won't cross select so there's a better chance of protecting.

If it was a straight protect sure, but the protection only works for their own team mates anyway.

By setting up lists you could be creating situations where captains literally have no chance to save someone because no one on their team is in the list.

• Advertisement

If it was a straight protect sure, but the protection only works for their own team mates anyway.

By setting up lists you could be creating situations where captains literally have no chance to save someone because no one on their team is in the list.

There is that too, there's probably no perfect way to co ordinate it tbh.

As Virtanen said above, it might not be any harm if they do cross select at times in fact.

Advertisement