Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

THANK YOU CONTESTANTS. THIS MORNING'S QUIZ HAS NOW ENDED. THE WINNING CONTESTANT HAS BEEN PM'D AND WILL RECEIVE THEIR PRIZE SHORTLY.
    Don't forget to tune in this evening at 9.15pm for tonight's show!

For all interested, the answer we were looking for is Herbert Hoover.
    https://www.loc.gov/rr/print/list/057_pral.html

Final Mod Note: Sinbad311 has been substituted with Jack Moore. Please give Jack a round of applause as he makes his way to the stage!

beakerjoe wrote: »
    This is weak man. You don’t have to look at my posts, or Pters or Necros to at least do some research into solving who are wolves or not.

You could look at someone sports in isolation at least. Even when I’m pushed for time, I still try read back in order to grasp whats going on a little.

This is weak man. You don’t have to look at my posts, or Pters or Necros to at least do some research into solving who are wolves or not.

You could look at someone sports in isolation at least. Even when I’m pushed for time, I still try read back in order to grasp whats going on a little.

If you hate Day 1, why dont you do something to change it. Challenge someone, make it interesting, create a buzz.....

Weak? So be it. I don't care what you think. I don't think challenging someone would alleviate the volume of noise on day 1, when I couldn't keep up in the first place.

Anyway I'm gonna move on from this and play my own game. I reckon your suss from your bizarre plays so far. Wolf hiding in plain sight is a very real possibility. "There's no way a wolf would make that kind of play" is an awfully handy defense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    THANK YOU CONTESTANTS. THIS MORNING'S QUIZ HAS NOW ENDED. THE WINNING CONTESTANT HAS BEEN PM'D AND WILL RECEIVE THEIR PRIZE SHORTLY.

Final Mod Note: Sinbad311 has been substituted with Jack Moore. Please give Jack a round of applause as he makes his way to the stage!

giphy.gif

Well I guess welcome Jack. The furniture is slightly soiled by myself. Sorry about that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Good after noon fellow players
    Straw pole
    Who believes necro
    Who believes beaker
    Who believes lough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

WerewolfGM wrote: »

Ach, I sorted van Buren under B rather than v. Apparently that's the convention for Dutch people but not those from the USA, according to the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions. Oh well.

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Straw pole
    Who believes necro
    Who believes beaker
    Who believes lough

I believe Necro :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Straw pole
    Who believes necro
    Who believes beaker
    Who believes lough

Don't believe LoughC, I idea about the other two

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

fixxxer wrote: »
    Don't believe LoughC, I idea about the other two

No idea that should say

Straw pole
    Who believes necro
    Who believes beaker
    Who believes lough

Joking and stuff aside I can't see it as a villager play by Lough so I tend to not believe him.

Still on the fence about beaker, but leaning good tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Barneys posts - Post 1 of 4
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Hello all, great to be on the show tonight.

I'll take "Wolfie for 200 please"

Necro

"Who is the most wolfie so far? Alex"

Correct.

Not a bad start really

"Wolfie for 400"

MrsFD

"Who is the next most wolfie?"

Two out of two ain't bad.

Not sure who to go with for 600 though.

Nothing mad here, opening fluff most likely. No sign of taskes, if there is then this becomes a little suss, as do someof my own posts to be fair.

I disagree with the plan to announce who the captains should protect. Necro did rightly point out the flaws in that one to be fair to him. It won't be telling at all because it would just tell the wolves who not to kill that night.

On the splitting idea though Necro I disagree. I think Pter pointed out a few issues with captains potentially being all together in one group or captains being put in groups where none or only one of their team is. I reckon the captain's just using their own initiative makes most sense.

To be fair, another fair point made here. No complaints. Wolf looking helpful or villager being helpful, you decide as we go on.
    Did you not get the memo?

tenor.gif?itemid=11457308

A nothing post.
    Hmm, countdown clock only rattles about for 30 seconds. You've been around a bit longer than that. I'm not buying it :rolleyes:

A nothing post again
    I'd say QB's example of 1 - 100 is probably more likely than the possibility of on board tasks.

Chiming in, nothing bad here.
    Picking a number between 1-100 in a backroom and whichever team/sk is closer gets a kill on the first night. That is what you were saying right QB?

Putting words in QBs mouth here
    Sorry Drumpot, I think I saw Pter's post about it. Must have missed yours.

Nothing bad here
    From my quick look, five of them would have been 22 or younger so probably not captain. Three played in the 1980 Olympics so were likely team leaders, if not in an official capacity as captain. Those three - Krivokapic, Bebic and Roje are the three most likely to have been captain in my view if there was a captain at all. Krivokapic and Roje were four years older than Bebic so again make them more likely in my eyes. Krivokapic was the keeper whilst Roje had played in the Med Games in 1979 and 1983 so was a mainstay of the team.

But of course it's possible that anyone was captain and also that none of them were captain.

If I was a wolf, this is a great way to be helpful without actually being helpful. He gives his imput on the subject and gets his post count up without ruffling anyones feathers.

That said it could be a villager too, but I would expect Barney to be quieter here if he was a villager.

But nothing to hang him with
    If your answer was none of us know for sure then yes, if the mods don't have proof, you were right.

Same as above
    Well, my suspicions are somewhat rough at this stage in the game. Not really suspicions, more thoughts.

Beaker - not sure whether I believe them or not. Seems an unlikely power to have but possible. Him lying wouldn't make him a wolf though.

Necro - Some of your ideas have been a bit out there. Well at least the splitting the village into three anyway. But I'm not sure if that's just a villager trying to come up with a plan or a wolf move.

Sully - not really sure what you're seeing there. Could be missing it but it's not clear to me

MrsFD - my opening post included a nothing claim that she's a wolf and I don't believe she interacted with it. That would be playing it pretty cool if she's a wolf.

Uriel - I'm not in a well or dead so I'd have to be wary of my nemesis.

A read list that ruffles no ones feathers, Im always suspect of this move. As a wolf in previous games, I do be fearful of saying the wrong thing and rubbing someone up the wrong way, similar to Loughc (if he was good as he claimed).

Barney doesnt point the finger at anyone here and is careful to sit on teh fence. Im not buying it and this post had me worried initially yesterday.

I shall post page 2 of 4 shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Straw pole
    Who believes necro
    Who believes beaker
    Who believes lough

I thought I believed Lough but the very late reveal has me doubting that. Maybe he thought he would survive without revealing and then realised the error too late and wanted to give us information. That does seem less likely than just trying to wreak a bit of havoc with a parting shot though.

Necro has me too-ing and fro-ing. I originally thought he was fine but then I thought he was being more coherent and less all over the place than usual. Others didn't seem to think so. The whole thing with the clock last night could be a handy facade to hide behind as it's hard to get a read on that. I've liked his play today though. (Good luck at the crentist)

Beaker is another I'm unsurprisingly not sure about. I thought their play for the most part was good but I didn't like the oh a wolf wouldn't have done what I had just done bit. I did think he had a good response to me asking about why he didn't fake peek anyone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I won the prize.

Straw pole
    Who believes necro
    Who believes beaker
    Who believes lough

I believe Necro
    I belive Pter
    I believe Lough......... yes you read that right

Necro, this whole clock thing is bull**** right?

Necro, this whole clock thing is bull**** right?

I don't know what you're talking about :D

Pter wrote: »
    I won the prize.

Congrats, I'm assuming it ain't a bullet or I'd be in the deadroom :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Necro wrote: »
    I believe Necro :cool:

Do you
    So your the clock, if so you know your team alignment but haven’t told us
    Or beaker is lying and you know because he shouldn’t know his team alignment
    Or ye are both lying

Personally I thought you were joke claiming

I think lough was lying

Beaker is an interesting one

Is the captain allowed repeatedly protect I wonder
    If so then he’s probably legit

Do you
    So your the clock, if so you know your team alignment but haven’t told us
    Or beaker is lying and you know because he shouldn’t know his team alignment
    Or ye are both lying

Personally I thought you were joke claiming

I think lough was lying

Beaker is an interesting one

Is the captain allowed repeatedly protect I wonder
    If so then he’s probably legit

The Clock fights for the side of good. The Clock has been specific about its alignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Hey I ain't complaining. I'm bored yanking your chain anyways. There's 17 other players to annoy still.

Make that 16. You successfully annoyed me yesterday.

• Advertisement

The Clock fights for the side of good. The Clock has been specific about its alignment.

As for teams within the village, yeah the clock knows that Beaker's claim was hokum in that respect. But the Clock felt it might be detrimental to point that out.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Make that 16. You successfully annoyed me yesterday.

:D You did ask for me to be shot.

Why was that? Just being annoyed by me or do you think I'm a wolf

The names I am seeing mentioned that I'm leaning away from in terms of being village are Sully, QB, LoughC and Barney. For what it's worth right now I think Pter seems on the level, Necro is just being Necro, Could say the same for BJ as I'm willing to give him rope for now hoping he does not hang himself with his captain. Which of those first four are people on most and why more so than the others? Ignoring my gut im leaning towards QB (with Barney second) as a wolf but thats mostly due to the tasky post, my gut leans towards Sully/Loughc

#FFA1

1. QB
    2. Loughc
    3. Barney

might update this later, it's still early (but late here)

No comment on bh or trit's death? Couldn't find much in bh's posts

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote:
    Congrats, I'm assuming it ain't a bullet or I'd be in the deadroom

It's Lynch immunity. Which is great because it means I can be sick all day without worry of being killed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Technically the countdown clock works against contestants so when contestants hear the ba-ba-ba-ba da-ba-da-ba- booom , that means they are out of time ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

A bit from column a and a bit from column b.

You’re throwing mud at me and it’s sticking, and you’re saying that I’m not responding to your questions, but you haven’t actually asked me any questions. Ask me questions for me to try defend myself, when there doesn’t appear to be any rationale behind “sully is a wolf” beyond day 1 when they were editing my post.

I think we should forget about the clock until its power comes into play

Drumpot wrote: »
    Technically the countdown clock works against contestants so when contestants hear the ba-ba-ba-ba da-ba-da-ba- booom , that means they are out of time ....

Ah good to see you Drumpot :D

Barneys posts , page 2 of 4
    Splitting the village into three for the captains to pick from, not the overall teams. Sorry that it was not clear.

Clarification post, again could be perceived as getting a post count up, appear helpful. Appear helpful by clarifying things is a good way for a wolf to post.

It again doesnt hang Barney either, lets be clear

Okay Pter, what exactly do you think would be original at this time given I only started reading this morning?

Should I pretend that I didn't see some rebuttals to some of the ideas yesterday and then act like I'm poking holes in them for the first time? Or how about rehashing what an FFA is? Or maybe I should say oh Pter was a bit absent yesterday for a while (Oh wait Necro said that).

There's nothing there because we don't really know anything yet. There's very little to go on.

I'm leaning towards Beaker being a goodie, and would like to believe he is a seer.

Taking me at face value. I can see that as a village move. Challenged him with an accusation of trying to pocket me to see his reaction.

I'm not bad Beaker, so read it whatever way you'd like.

Defending his reads
    :):)
    It wouldn't be a terrible place to be Beaker. I mean there's plenty of room in there.

Response to him trying to pocket me. A cool response.
    I was asked a question by necro. And responded saying I wasn't certain of anything. Alternatively I could just not have answered the question and not been involved at all. My response is at least generating something. Would you agree that is good?

Laying back on his reads not being solid. Sitting on the fence, non commital to anything. A wolf trait, possibly a RV trait too
    I'm not abdicating anything. I was asked a question and responded with my views as they were. Which were admitted pretty bare. Then I was accused for that which I aggressively reacted to. I was also accused of just trying to appear as though I'm following. That second bit is why I mentioned the necro question. My post was a direct response to him.

Same as above.
    That's what you got from my post? I made the post, it was replying to necro asking me about my views. I then later say I was replying to necro and now it is me trying to abdicate responsibility.

Just to be clear in case anyone thinks I'm trying to abdicate responsibility for not having any solid reads on people I'm not. I owned up to that at the start and am doing so again now.

And I'll look into Lough shortly beaker.

A resonse to see what he thought of Lough..... surprised he didnt have a read on him yet so was suspcious of that fact that he hadnt considering Lough was a focus of attention. Very strange. How was he able to give reads of others and not Lough, who was a focus of the morning to a point
    Damn suspicious Necro.

So they both posted shortly after the death notice. It's not like either was a long winded post about their contributions.

Necro's post probably took him less than 5 seconds to write and that's being generous. Hardly surprising that he was first to post given that he also posted at 9.59.

Lough, the timing doesn't bother me really. More so the content, but they may have just been skimming stuff and then on reflection noticed that Virt had posted more than they had thought.

Defending lough to a point. This depends on if Lough was bad or not
    Sulli chimed into semi regularly yesterday. For the talking of having a game to play she hasn't really done a huge amount in terms of trying to participate. Now I haven't been the most active either and it is early on but given how excited she seemed from the first two posts it seems to fizzle out early on.

Focusing on Sully. Can be analyised later.
    On Lough, he had five posts before the munch I think. So it is conceivable that he didn't follow closely enough to realise Virt was posting. He then says that having read the posts he thinks they could have been an asset, but an hour later says that they weren't memorable. That might mean that they weren't memorable to him on first reading but it is a bit of a change from having said he might have been an asset.

On the challenging Beaker, I think that is fair enough. He might be being strong handed enough in it but if he believes Beaker is lying then why wouldn't he be forceful in his challenging.

Seems to be backing Lough here though his analysis seems fair to be honest.
    Just on that, fair enough for not liking the read list. I'm not sure what you mean by trying to appear helpful though. Where exactly have I been trying to appear helpful?

I accused him of appear helpful with his read list and this was his response. Fair point made I suppose.
    That's something I can agree on.

Not sure where Beaker is coming from.

Defending himself.
    Ah here now, if I was trying to appear helpful I probably would've come up with something better than I what I actually have.

Who am I to say what your doing, Barney you are an excellent player and an excellent bad guy in previous games. Youre very good at playing abad guy who appears good, so excuse me if Im cynical.

page 3 of 4 to come soon.

• Advertisement

In fact, if the clock is what I think it is, its making you very wolfy necro

Advertisement