Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I defo don’t want to kill necro he’s soo nrv it’s inbeliveable

I think he is trying to play his NRV game but isnt actually a NRV.

He is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

duffman13 wrote: »
    So is Beaker

Am I ? :pac:

What ?
    I thought he did a task and win some peeks

Read back Jackieboy

Thanks barney
    I was looking at beakers posts and I noticed something
    He believed lough was evil
    He called him a name when he came out at the end
    Yet he believes him now

Beaker how come you believe lough now but didn’t then

Will you read back

Drumpot wrote: »
    Or the wolves won the prize and they use this knowledge to protect the beast. I mean if the wolves win the prize then the village doesn’t know what it is. Perfect way to hide a beast life...

It’s not dynamite but it’s why I kept asking if People felt that the wolves could enter the quiz and few people engaged. Particularly the most active posters to date which is why I find all three suspect.

I came up with a captain strategy tha Necro quickly shot down and nobody else bothered to really engage much about. Necro has his “split into 3” group strategy and Pter went straight for him but sort of ran out of wind for some reason.

Look at the three top FFAs last night and look who got the most votes. They don’t match. I posted a summary of the ffas and vote results and Necro/Pter/Bj aren’t even interested in seeing if there’s much to be gained from it. Why do FFAs if you aren’t going to use the information ?

Pter insisting we all reveal our targets was odd and also supposedly a “village” plan to make sure we didn’t change votes. But Sulli (blend in with the crowd) and others were happy to go along for the ride without any real challange in Their reasons.

Drumpot; my head hurts and i wont be at my desk a lot today. If you want to ask me a question please do it.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    On Lough, I hounded him yesterday. I didnt like his post about "a lot of wolfy posts" and I took the Virt situation as a lie. This is why i voted for him.

His reveal at 9pm left me uneasy. Ive been the victim of being lynched for being the first person to do something suspcious in previous games

On day one its fair that anything odd or deemed suspect can get a player killed for something innocent.

That said I didn’t see anyone looking more suspect than him. PJ and Barn would have been my next choices.

I am thinking Loughcs claim to be real for now until proven otherwise. The timing of his reveal is odd either way you look at it.

Would a wolf not claim this earlier? Would a RV not claim earlier than 9?

Either way Im talking his claim at face value until I see otherwise.
    I can say I felt a bandwagon on Lough on teh end which also makes me think hes good. Parrot Jungles vote in particular was just lumped on him without a second thought after no real review of the circumstances by PJ, by his own admission.

Here you go jackieboy

Ok but he did a task?

No tasks, all fun

Pter could be full of it, maybe he has a prize but hasnt really revealed the prize, I know Id lie about its powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Pter wrote: »
    Drumpot; my head hurts and i wont be at my desk a lot today. If you want to ask me a question please do it.
    You’ll be blue in the face waiting for questions. I’ve been asking all morning.

We shouldnt get bogged down in discussing this prize. Only thing to discuss is if ye want to vote me to die and then vote someone else 2nd you want dead, do it.

If you dont want to do that, dont. The power will go unused and disappear and there is no issue. Ill be as lynchable as anyone else tomorrow.

If im alive further down the line and we havent tagged the Beast then by all means captain peek me, sacrificial lamb me, do whatever you want.

This prize doesnt really change anything tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Pter wrote: »
    I think he is trying to play his NRV game but isnt actually a NRV.

He is all over the place.

Well he has a crazy post count of gibberish but I don’t see him Asa wolf

I’d be happy with sully or you (you are invulnerable if telling the truth so it’s not a judgement)

Will you read back

I have read back
    I’ve kept up since the game started

Barneys posts 3 of 4
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Yes, they would so they could say what you have just said. Oh a wolf would never have done that thing I just did.

Well I stand by the fact I could have sent Lough to the lynch, but didnt. I also didnt make him force reveal (maybe I should)

The post by Barney is fair though
    But if you're good why does that behaviour strike you as suspicious?

Poking holes at Necro, could be seen as village or wolfy play TBH
    Fixxxer - why do you go from not seeing anything wrong with Sulli to suggesting she or Rikand are peeked? And then you say you don't plan on voting for either of them and are voting for Lough. Why didn't you suggest Lough for a peek then? He'd been wolfy from the start apparently but you don't suggest he is peeked.

To be fair to Barney, this is a good post. Now I can see this from a villager point of view but It could also be seen as a wolf poking holes to appear helpful. Fixxxers post wa sfair game and Barney pointed the flaws in his posts to be fair.
    I currently want to vote for fixxxer because I think they've done some flipflopping before landing on Lough.

They're outside the top three though and I'm not sure between Necro, QB and Lough.

I have to agree with Barney that Fixxer is flip flopping.
    Yep

Commiting to who he is voting for afte rbeing asked. Backing up what hes saying.

If a wolf, it could be an easy way not to hop on a Lough or Necro Bandwagon
    Perhaps, is there time for one of these first?

tenor.gif?itemid=5101714

CFD reply, nothing here
    Yeah, he was in Doctor Who before that

tumblr_p2osm6VLwI1qbl6qfo1_250.gif

I wonder if that's where Boe came from :rolleyes:

Nothing gained here
    Hopefully Lough wasn't actually Bob, but whatever they were whoever came up with the phrase until he got dead deserves some plaudits.

Maybe he was hoping he'd survive the lynch without revealing but that was a risky game if he was actually Bob.

A fair point I had not considered. Though I feel Lough was the clear lynch choice.
    And to think you didn't in case someone role revealed. That would be unfortunate

Responding to me here that I should of called Loughc a wolf when I had people believing I was seer.

Throwing shade on me. Ive explained myself.
    And then you'd post something like this

source.gif

Nothing here but I did LOL at it
    I can only assume that the quizzes are open to everyone. I'd say that anyone can win. Not sure why they wouldn't be able to win them.
    The Countdown Clock might want to stop referring to itself as the Countdown Clock lest something unfortunate happen to it.

IMG_4790-600x450.jpg

Nothing gained from this post

thats 3 of 4 posts. To be fair to Barney, overall he hasnt been to wolfy. I cant help feeling his "read" list was non committal and that he is a good bad player that he can blend in with the village. Maybe Im tunnelling

Ive laid out my thoughts on Barney. I will look over other folk now.

Right now, I shall focus on QB.

Barney is super adaptable. Thats my read on him. He will adapt to whatever is being talked about and try to help the flow of the conversation.

Its not damning or saving him as he plays that as a good role as well as playing it within a bad role. its worth watching out for though, imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Quick lunch post:

Still think pter/necro/beak are town. However their noisiness has made picking out other people's posts and patterns difficult. Could do with a filter or something.

I think on balance Lough was wolf. I can't really reconcile his posting to a town player. Seems like the other wolfs let him out to die though, based on the voting. There wasn't really any one else close, and there was quite a spread

Sully then PJ top of my lynch list. I promise to do an actual case for both of them when I get home.

I see no reason for pter to lie. If we are to do a pter + X lynch, we need to be agreed on X well before the deadline and have a vote list. Anyone who votes outside the list should go straight to the top of the lynhc pile.

I like jack so far.

Ok im loaded up on goofballs and on the road for most of the day. Do what ye will village. Ill chip in if i can.

Also surprised no one has talked about the kills.

Quickbeams posts

1 of 4
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm the Countdown Clock. Oh, and so is my wife!

Response to Necro. Nothing of note
    Gotta admit, I'm a teeny tad bit disappointed we've no Pointless or Only Connect this game. My favourite quizzes ever.

Fluff, nothing of note
    So, we gonna be fluffy today or actually work out how to catch wolves? I don't watch The Chase, but from the OP pic, I'd assume we're dealing with a four-person wolf team. The Beast (Mark Labbett) and The Governess (Anne Hegerty) are named in the OP. By the picture I assume we're dealing with the The Dark Destroyer (Shaun Wallace) and The Sinnerman (Paul Sinha) too. As they're not in the OP, I guess they don't have powers, but who knows what the mods might haven't told us. Wiki also mentions The Vixen (Jenny Ryan) not in the OP pic, so again, assuming not part of the wolf team unless gets to be recruited later or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chase_(UK_game_show)#Chasers

So, 4 wolves, 1 SK, 16 villagers of which six have powers. But ... just noticed, no seer for the village. Hmmm?

The first line strikes me as "look at me, ium a villager and I mean business....honest"

Trying to hard to appear good by trying to denounce fluff posts.
    Because...

:)

Response to Necro above the assumption of a 4 wolf team.... nothing mad here
    Yeah, Priest, Vig and Hunter aren't included. But team captains, SK and four Chasers are. I'm not saying it's definite or I'd have said "I know" instead of "I assume". It makes sense to me that the pic would include all the wolf team, but I did state that it comes with the caveat that there could be other hidden powers or players too.

More thoughts on the OP. nothing to note, everything is eityher helpful or appear to be helpful, cant say for sure.
    Probably the three rolled villagers are assigned a team each. Not sure I can say more.

Dont take it as wolfy despite others honing in on it.
    I propose a powerplay move!

Could be viewed as fluffy, I dont think this was a serious post.
    8/10 Cats does Countdown would be my guess.

Respondes to fluff after denouncing fluff posts, hmmmmm

Oh yeah, sorry about that :(

More filler
    No, it's to do with something a mod said in the sign-up thread. Generally off thread topics are frowned upon, hence the hint, rather than outright saying it.

Will say it out if you like though.

Defending herlself, nothing wolfy
    giphy.gif

Fluff
    Que?

nothing of note
    Ah. It's something from a previous game. The mods had a thing where you could double your lynch vote by voting at a certain time that only the mods knew of (IIRC). That was the Powerplay. But Tritium had this *fantastic* idea to schedule us all to vote at 15 minute intervals throughout the day that ended up getting a little bit complex, to say the least. Went down in infamy.

Exp[laining power plauy post. More filler, which she created whether directly or indirectly

deconduo wrote: »

Feel free to get the ball rolling

They seem to be middle of the pack people that hadn't drawn much attention or heat. All the big posters are still alive.

• Advertisement

Both could be killed via role hunting

Wolf kill could be based off a seer check.

Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

They seem to be middle of the pack people that hadn't drawn much attention or heat. All the big posters are still alive.

Well I would have been surprised if either team had gone for Necro, Beaker or Pter. Trit and Bounty seemed to be, as you said, in the middle, and hadn't got too much attention. Maybe they were hoping to hit someone who was trying to stay under the radar, either as a roled player or the other evil team.

Quickbeams posts 2 of 4
    Stands for "free for all" and as Necro explained. Nothing to worry about until tomorrow after munch when we start deciding about who to lynch.

Clarification post, again another way for a wolf to appear helpful potnetially.
    And give them a chance to defend themselves too. That's overlooked usually too!

More FFA explaining, see above
    You pkd?

Joining me in my fluff game despite denouncing fluff earlier, despite it not directed at her (it was directed at Flush)
    Whoops! Mine too :( Though if anyone followed the links in mine you'd see that I am genuine fans of those games. I would imagine it'd be more complex than that. First letters of paragraphs, sentences or something spelling out stuff. Definitely worth being on the look out for them. Though, it could well be a backroom task either, but still no harm.

Looking for tasks. Could be genuine, may not be. hard to tell
    Okay, enough cryptic, what two words of three letters each then?

Oi!! No need for that.

And I'm far from a millennial dude!

Engaging me in fluff.......... again. Makes her post earlier meaningless
    What's that now? Wanting to skip normal D0 fluffiness and get to finding wolves is a task by a wolf?

Back to this.

:confused:

Nothing worth noting
    Yeah, didn't say I didn't say fluffy. I just don't get why that word, above any other word used to date would indicate task.

Defending herself..... maybe too hard when she was half heartedly accused of tasking. Maybe
    Yeah, at least I can understand that accusation it does sound more tasky than using the word fluffy. But it was me merely seeing which of the Chasers not mentioned in the OP were playing based on the photo in the OP. I've never watched The Chasers so I was relying on Wiki and matching names / nicknames / photos (not provided in Wiki, that was Google) to see who was missing. Tis all, but I like your thinking at least.

Same as above
    I've seen it before. It's usually a game of "pick a number between 1 and 100" type thing and whoever gets closer to the number pre-chosen by the mods gets the kill. Or something similar. On-thread tasks would be more common though, and I think we should be looking out for them. As I said, the most common on-thread ones involve first letters of sentences or paragraphs or subsequent posts though, which are hard to spot.

Again, appearing to be helpful or being helpful, you decide.
    Morning all. Hope everybody's heads are recovered.

Had to Google and I only found Biglia. So, what were you eating??

Fluff, check back in after the day before post.
    Yeah, sure wish I didn't do that now. TBH, I wasn't even thinking of tasks at the time. But if it was a task, it'd be a pretty blatant way to go about completing it, no?

Defending herslef.
    Only thats it's a possibility. On thread tasks are equally likely and worth watching out for.

Engaging with others.... nothing wild here

page 2 of 4. page 3 is coming

thats 3 of 4 posts. To be fair to Barney, overall he hasnt been to wolfy. I cant help feeling his "read" list was non committal and that he is a good bad player that he can blend in with the village. Maybe Im tunnelling

Ive laid out my thoughts on Barney. I will look over other folk now.

Right now, I shall focus on QB.

You have hit the nail on the head with the 'reads' list (more my thoughts at the time) which I have been quite happy to say didn't have much substance behind it. I've blended into the village in the past, I'll give you and Pter that but there's not much I can say against that other than what Pter has said about me playing similarly as good and bad. Others may disagree with his views on it but I think they've got some merit.

I wouldn't say you were tunnelling either. It's not like you were trying to pick fault with each post. You seem to have come up with a fair look at the majority of my posts and I think the conclusion that I have not been too wolfy is the one you should go with, because I am not a wolf. That's just my take on it thought obviously.

I do enjoy when people accuse others of causing distractions yesterday yet when there isnt much going on day 2 they do very little.

You have hit the nail on the head with the 'reads' list (more my thoughts at the time) which I have been quite happy to say didn't have much substance behind it. I've blended into the village in the past, I'll give you and Pter that but there's not much I can say against that other than what Pter has said about me playing similarly as good and bad. Others may disagree with his views on it but I think they've got some merit.

I wouldn't say you were tunnelling either. It's not like you were trying to pick fault with each post. You seem to have come up with a fair look at the majority of my posts and I think the conclusion that I have not been too wolfy is the one you should go with, because I am not a wolf. That's just my take on it thought obviously.

My summary is that I dont trust you. I just havent got anything solid on you yet. Whether i find any is one thing, whether you are bad may not exist, but Im keeping an open mind.

My summary is that I dont trust you. I just havent got anything solid on you yet. Whether i find any is one thing, whether you are bad may not exist, but Im keeping an open mind.

I wouldn't expect you to trust me. I haven't really given you much to do so, from my reading of your analysis. If you did trust me then I might be wondering why.

Uriel. wrote: »
    sorry PTER:
    #FFA1
    Will post rationale later when I finish in work

I am leaning towards
    1. Minus 6
    2. QB
    3. Lordy

I'll quickly explain lordy, he popped in outta nowhere today and started posting in a drip feed way about his thoughts after reaching various stages of his catchup. That seems unnecessary. He is appearing to be overly helpful while getting post count up. Not a locked in wolf, but this is suspicious play.

Hey Uriel, old buddy old pal.

Could you provide your rationale for Necro and QB please?

Regards,
    Well Dweller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Minus 6?

• Advertisement

Kills were safe choices in my opinion
    killing bh makes sense it tells us nothing
    Trit is a good player and might have had something but again nothing I have seen

Just two safe uninformatitive kills if you ask me

Advertisement