Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Barney92 wrote: »
    Hey Uriel, old buddy old pal.

Could you provide your rationale for Necro and QB please?

Regards,
    Well Dweller

Lordy is carrying the certainty of a wolf
    As in he seems to know stuff

Of course he may be a rolled villager but i think he’s wolfy as feck
    Sully is a contender for serial killer

And peter is self resolving

I think we should shoot lord and lynch peter and sully

deconduo wrote: »
    Also surprised no one has talked about the kills.

Same. I read through BH's posts but couldn't find anything. Yet to get around to trit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

fixxxer wrote: »
    Minus 6?

Necrominus. Not sure where the six comes in. I believe there was a reason for it a while back but can't remember. The minus is from Necrominus. I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Quickbeams post 3 of 4
    quickbeam wrote: »
    I’m back. Been at college all day. I got to read up a bit between classes but not enough to contribute anything. Finished catch up just now so hopefully I’ve not missed anything.

Firstly, my naming Chasers was not a task. If I was a wolf and asked to do that task, I’d probably have passed and done without the reward, or I’d have made a much more subtle attempt at it. Gimme some credit!

Secondly, the “task” post is the reason most people have me on their FFAs. Kudos to Tritium for at least coming up with something original. I presume the “seed for future reveal” post you’re talking about is this:

This wasn’t a seed. I was hinting at the point in the sign-up thread that has been spoken about openly today so I guess it’s allowed (but I wasn’t sure if I should at the time) about how mods would have allowed three extra players or none at all. It wasn’t clear at the time why that was, but once I saw the OP it seemed obvious that it was because of the three gameshow teams. They couldn’t have it off-balanced.

Which is also why I think Necro is on to something with six wolves, leaving 15 villagers to be divided evenly among the three gameshows. I’m not sure where the six come from, or why the OP pic only showed five, but I think I was barking up the wrong tree with that, and would be happy that there’s either six baddies, or an “odd man out” role somewhere.

But look, if my “task” post or my “seed” post are gonna get me lynched then so be it. It’ll be only be one NRV down, and maybe Digi had it right in not playing due to college and this is the sign that I should focus my concentration that direction too. If I’m not lynched, peek me if it helps clear up the sorry mess once and for all.

As for my own #FFA1:

Lough – I believe BJ is either what he says he is, or is a NRV pulling a move. I can’t see a wolf doing that. And since Lough is a great player, I can only assume that he’s the wolf, trying to shoot down a player dangerous to him and his team. Plus his whole schtick around munch-time, as others have said with his Virt discrepancies.

Necro – I hate to include him, but he’s playing almost too villagery. He’s helpful, which I noticed right from the get-go (he posted the players list, and reminded us not to confer in the gameshow). I also think if he wasn’t a wolf he’d have been munched day one because of old scores. Also, though I don’t rule out a villager also coming to the same conclusion, he did seem quite sure about the wolves being six too.

Sully – I didn’t really believe the accusations initially held against her, but she’s not really addressed them either, which I find suspicious. She just pops in, multi-quotes, adds comments and fecks off again. A potential low lying wolf.

A good one to look into.

She offers reasons why she wasnt around and to say shes caught up. Fine , nothing bad yet

An NRV claim here, talks about Necros theory.

Id loev to view her thoughts on these 3 individuals now. She was on the money about me, but thats no mean feat.

Wouldnt be mad on her rationale for Necro and Sully. Something tells me that the reasons supplied could be better from her. Maybe Im nit picking.

Are her reasons enough for her own high standards based off previous games?

Nothing to hang her with though, to be fair, it was day 1.
    I kinda dismiss the accusations themselves. It's how you handled them. Nothing about your own reads or who you're leaning on voting for.

A fair point on Sully

A villager pointing out what she saw, or a baddie trying to shade someone otherside her team?
    Mods said all players will be subbed, so I expect that'll be what happens.

Clarification post, possible appearing helpful post
    Yeah, I was kinda 50/50 on you being genuine or pulling an Almanac. I still think it's not a wolf play either way and stand by my reasons for Lough in my FFA.

Thoughts on me.
    FYP :) :P

Popped up on the FFAs a lot by now,

fixes Deconduo's post about her being a he. Nothing to note here

I'm voting Lough.

Votes off her FFA. If Lough is good, then this is an easy choice to make based off her FFA. I stress, IF.

If Lough is bad, then it be unusual to bandwagon on him yet.

Also IF she is a wolf (QB).

Nothing to hang her with yet.

Ref my FFA, and a further post after BJ put himself back in the rolled closet.

Nothing mad here

Nothing to say that mods *have* to include in their OP that they have secrets when there are roles or dynamics not included in the OP, but it is the usual convention and they didn't this time. Just sayin' re the "clock". Still voting Lough though.

More clarification here, doubling down on Lough, very committed
    Well, Lough and BJ have been at loggerheads all day. If they're both wolves, then they deserve to win, tbh. I'm leaning on BJ being village as I can't see a wolf playing that move (as I said). They could both be misguided villagers, of course, but with both being such good players I doubt that's the case. I'm not sure which specific posts you want me to quote, there's been plenty between them today.

The shtick has also been quoted already. He thanked a post of Virt's, but when he was munched, forgot anything he'd posted. Not sure the post count at time of munch but before I left for the day, around 8am, Virt was about fourth or fifth in the post count, so he was hardly that forgettable, so Lough's comment did seem disingenuous. Then turning around later and saying that he'd be much missed by the village. Again, Lough is a better player than that. I'll be honest with you, I didn't pick up these posts until somebody else pointed them out but it does add extra weight to me thinking that on first lynch Lough is our best chance.

Triple down on Lough again. To be fair I voted for Loughc too. Perhaps parroting what others said.

Could still be just a villager who saw what I saw though
    Not quite. Silver spot only.

Responding here to Pter claiming she was top of the FFA which she was not

A fair clarification post here

As this is BJ, anything is possible. But I'm thinking about what's probable and for me, I don't think it is probable that he did. Could be wrong of course, and if Priest does reveal Lough good I'd likely review this.

A fair point of view on me. Maybe a wolf who knows Im not a wolf, trying to pocket me...... Am I tunnelling here? Perhaps

Come over to BBC2 and watch some Only Connect, followed by University Challenge. Much more entertaining.

Fluff
    There are advantages and disadvantages.

The downside, if a wolf is at risk of lynching the team-mates will know to vote for the next highest contender to save them. Or, even if no wolves at risk, wolves can be strategic about spreading their votes so not to lump together.

A fair response to Deconduos post about declaring votes
    Who's on?

Fluff

Quickbeam..... posts 4 of 4

Worth noting many posts where around 3 hours before lynch and some after, when she was under pressure .
    Usually I know none, so the fact that I know three is a step up anyway.

1 hour before lynch and talking about Im a celeb. Fluff
    I was counting John in the three I knew. Along with Noel and Harry. I don't watch Eastenders so didn't know Roxy. Or The Governess except from here. Maybe if she's busy in the jungle she won't be peeking here.

Same as above. Fluff
    Why me? Your FFA only mentions a list and an "eager wolf" in there. Got anything concrete against me I can help you with?

Response to Duffers.
    Worst Tasker Ever in that case! :rolleyes:

Defending herself, fair post
    Me. If that was my task I did a shy job of it.

Perhaps, no confirmation of tasks though
    OMG, sh*tty auto changes to shy!

Clarifying he rpost, its a fair post
    When i is swapped with i-accent that is.

Same as above, though less fair.

I voted about an hour ago. I haven't changed. Not tempted by CFD. Can look at Sully tomorrow if necessary.

Fair post. Again if shes a wolf and knows LoughC isnt a wolf, she can commit to Lough and be justified

All if's though

Could be just a villager too
    That is NOT what I meant :D

Fluff

Yeah, last minute mass switch. Chinese Fire Drill.

Irrelevant
    Why would you leave it so late to tell us? If true that is.

A fair post
    Goes without saying, but the real Bob, if he's still here, no need to confirm if Lough was lying yet.

An obvious post,
    At least an hour before lynch, I think.

Clarifying .... fair post
    Yeah, cause, just in case :)

Fluff
    Gah! Got to catch up on last night's posts at least but won't be around much in the day until evening. Stoopid Boards!

(Hope at least it sorted the Glitch in which case down time might be worth it.)

Only post this morning. Nothing of note.

QB seemed only helpful when the heat was on perhaps. Hasnt been around since this morning.

• Advertisement

Duffman and Fixxer will be my next subjects unless someone thinks I should look elsewhere

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Lordy is carrying the certainty of a wolf
    As in he seems to know stuff

Of course he may be a rolled villager but i think he’s wolfy as feck
    Sully is a contender for serial killer

And peter is self resolving

I think we should shoot lord and lynch peter and sully

Jack going on about people having a certainty making them wolfy :pac:

Actually I might follow Jacks lead and look into Lord first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Duffman and Fixxer will be my next subjects unless someone thinks I should look elsewhere

Do me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    I think he is trying to play his NRV game but isnt actually a NRV.

He is all over the place.

If you were as good a reader as you thought you were you'd realise my village game is all over the place. Much more controlled as a wolf.
    Pter wrote: »
    We shouldnt get bogged down in discussing this prize. Only thing to discuss is if ye want to vote me to die and then vote someone else 2nd you want dead, do it.

If you dont want to do that, dont. The power will go unused and disappear and there is no issue. Ill be as lynchable as anyone else tomorrow.

If im alive further down the line and we havent tagged the Beast then by all means captain peek me, sacrificial lamb me, do whatever you want.

This prize doesnt really change anything tbh.

For someone who was telling me to 'get off my cross' yesterday, you're basically doing the same thing.

But I digress. There's a few names brought up but not enough imo. Need to look into others. I'm feeling sorry for myself so might spend some time reading into the bottom tier of posters.

Rikand ain't getting no free pass for instance. There's others, I'm gonna bring up the roster and look at FFAs.

• Advertisement

Roster just so we all know who's in and who isn't....

Necro
    Fixxxer
    Beakerjoe
    Jack Moore
    Quickbeam
    Rikand
    Barney92
    Pter
    Lord TSC
    Sully
    Deconduo
    Uriel
    PJ
    MrsFlushdraw
    Duffman13
    Deleted User
    Drumpot

Gonna start with the three bolded above. Wouldn't like Stu, Uriel or Rikand to feel they've been forgotten ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Rikand wrote: »
    That's not what I saw. I'll let you stew on it for a day before I let you know how I caught you :)

Its a good time to come clean on this Rikand.

I don't think Sulli is a wolf, there hasn't been any hint of intervention from other players to deflect or make any sort of defence on her behalf. SK would be my guess. Or just a grump.

I don't think Sulli is a wolf, there hasn't been any hint of intervention from other players to deflect or make any sort of defence on her behalf. SK would be my guess. Or just a grump.

That's a fair point only thing about sully is that she was under pressure from early on. Defending her could implicate others

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Harsh.

But true.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Do me.

You wish

Ok so I've gone through Uriel's posts (not hard, there's only 19) and picked out some I kinda would like him to respond to. Uriel is a messer but usually gives us more detail on his reads so it makes him a bit suspect tbh.
    Uriel. wrote: »
    peek QB, lynch BJ and shoot Narco.
    That's my position so far.

So a peek, a lynch and a shot. That's fine but no reasoning. Would like to see some elaboration.
    sorry PTER:
    #FFA1
    Will post rationale later when I finish in work

I am leaning towards
    1. Minus 6
    2. QB
    3. Lordy

I'll quickly explain lordy, he popped in outta nowhere today and started posting in a drip feed way about his thoughts after reaching various stages of his catchup. That seems unnecessary. He is appearing to be overly helpful while getting post count up. Not a locked in wolf, but this is suspicious play.

FFA. Interesting that Beaker was his lynch choice yet doesn't go on the FFA. Now that's likely down to Beaker's claim but it shows he's reading the thread anyways.
    Gives a rationale on Lord, and I actually agree Lord is very over-explainy. But nothing on QB or myself. Still waiting on the rationale.
    Drummie is suss. But this weird new guy is the sussiest of suss

Next up is a later post following the lynch. Changes direction with light shade on Drumpot and (presumably) deconduo.

Again no explanations.
    Simples. Drummie is a wolf trying play simples for villy cred.

Last post to date, comes out swinging hard at Drumpot. A little rationale, but I'd also like a bit more detailed explanation.

Judgement: Hard to tell. In between the messing he posts this stuff but little to no explanation.

Definite wolf lean on Uriel, especially in the absence of explanation for his reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Taken from the above list. Is this all of us who are left?

Necro - clock?
    Fixxxer
    Beakerjoe
    Jack Moore
    Quickbeam
    Rikand
    Barney92
    Pter
    Lord TSC
    Sully - wolf/sk?
    Deconduo
    Uriel - under radar
    PJ
    MrsFlushdraw
    Duffman13
    Stu Redman
    Drumpot

#FFA

Uriel and ( Drumpot) are two I would like to look at. Uriel seems to be skating enough below the radar, too much for my liking.

QB I am not sure on. I wasn't sure if there was tasks to know if what she did was one. I think the whole BJ pretending to do a task might have just put light on her, but defo needs to be watched

Sully - Think she is either a wolf or a SK.
    Other thoughts

Necro, despite saying he is a clock, I don't think there is anything sinister with him, just think he is a messer

Deconduo - New player to us, but seems to know his way around. Not too sure what to make of him, have a village lean on him from the way he talks, but need more from him to make mind up

Fixxxer - Not a clue

BJ - Not sure a wolf would pull a stunt like he did, but if he is one, he deserves to win as that was a bold move.

Pter/Lordy - Both in the same camp for me. Poss wolves/sk.

Jack - Seems too regimental to be wolf/ SK. comes in with guns out trying to sort the rabble.

PJ - Not sure

Barney is another curiosity, not sure which way he going,

but sometimes I don't want to say too much in case I have spotted someone who is in fact a villager role. Not that I am great at catching people, but knowing my luck, if we had a seer, I would out by mistake.

That is just me sticking random stuff down. Prob voting for Sully tonight.

Ok Rikand next. I'm scared about tackling Stu's posts as he puts effort into them, but that's my third task in between bouts of screaming in pain after the dentist butchered me.

#ffa2

I might have to take off at 2:30pm for potentially the rest of the day. My thoughts so far.

Necro - this clock stuff is a waste of time for the village
    Fixxxer - similar posts to myself dare I say. stinks of a wolf getting by doing the bare minimum
    uriel - too quiet

boards is a bit fcuked at the moment. Page numbers are all over the place

• Advertisement

#ffa2

I might have to take off at 2:30pm for potentially the rest of the day. My thoughts so far.

Necro - this clock stuff is a waste of time for the village
    Fixxxer - similar posts to myself dare I say. stinks of a wolf getting by doing the bare minimum
    uriel - too quiet

Id like your thoughts on others, not just those 3 easy targets.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id like your thoughts on others, not just those 3 easy targets.

How is fixxer and uriel easy targets?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

afda7f07e550b71b26b1b9b09ce2d5929fa604ee369841c4f5e907127767d9d4_1.gif

How is fixxer and uriel easy targets?

Both have posted very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Uriel and ( Drumpot) are two I would like to look at. Uriel seems to be skating enough below the radar, too much for my liking.

I am an open book flushy . . In between having the crack posts I have tried to engage and give my thoughts but nobody is too interested in reading or responding to anything I say. So I revert back to having the crack . . Think of it like a child desperate for attention and since nobody pays attention when they are good, the child reverts to bad behaviour . .

What I would like is for people who think I am dodgy to at least quote things I have said that makes me dodgy. I am surprised at the amount of people who don't trust me but have absolutely nothing concrete to back up their reservations about my alliegance . How can I defend myself when people actually aren't giving any real "meat" to the accusations being labelled my way . .

I have posted more then most so cant be said to be hiding. I haven't made up crazy stories about being a clock and have kept my claim (NRV) as simple as can be. I am very conscious about people trying to get me to go down rabbit holes (drummer award!) and even noticed LoughC following me on the BJ vote which will be interesting when we find out what alliegance lough was. But I am being careful to not get too bogged down in one theory.

I proposed a decent strategy on day 0 (that would of been ok night 1 anyways) that nobody but necro (in fairness) really wanted to discuss. There was no real "lets talk about captain strategies" outside of ignoring my strategy and Pter attacking Necro for his idea..

Nobody really wants to discuss whether or not the wolves can win prizes, although one person suggested that they thought it was obvious that they do. I asked about the chasers (are they contestants of the show) and somebody tried to suggest it was a strange question. I asked because the OP says the quiz is open to "contestants" which would mean if its not open to "chasers" that there has to be some other power mechanics in play. .

I mean these are basic things that would prob help the village but instead we have people making up stories to "rustle trees" and go straight for certain posters throats . Surely getting a decent agreement on what we think is the probability on certain things (quiz etc) would help us have a more organised village? Even if we don't all agree on specifics, at least we could have a general consensus.

So yeh, pardon me if I turn my nose up at the very fluffy and vague reasons why people think I am somehow bad . .

20641003.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

giphy.gif

Ok so Rikand: Firstly, he's not got a lot of posts, but when he posts it's primarily about game state. Prior to what others have said, Rikand did give an explanation yesterday for sully, not sure if others are deliberately ignoring it or missed it. Anyways, here goes.

Hey guys :)

Standard first post for Rikand, loves to enter with a hey guys and smiley. NAI, just a standard entrance. Has two fluffy posts after this I just left out.
    Lynch wolves, clear villagers

Responding to talk of the captain discussion. Kinda throwaway, stating the obvious
    No idea what you are, but I am a villager :)

Responding to me asking friend or foe. I don't mind this response, but what else was he gonna say :)
    I see it too
    It's all there in Black and White Sulli. What has been seen cannot be unseen

Next two are about Drumpot messing with sully's post. Joking around, however...
    That's not what I saw. I'll let you stew on it for a day before I let you know how I caught you :)

Next post is a direct response for sully. Cryptic, but ok. Explanation needed.
    Well spotted. That's a real throwaway comment from loughc

Agrees with beaker on Lough's comment re: wolfy posts. Could be a wolf just throwing a standard agreement post in, could be a villager. Meh.
    Just skimmed up to almost 11am and saw people asking for my case on Sulli so here it is ::

Too excited. Short, sharp sentences. Trying to force an appearance of villageryness but it comes over the top.

Instead of backing off, he doubles down on it here ::

And then feint resignation. He's been caught, but still doesnt know the real reason why.

I am very afk this morning. Home with 2 sick kids and i have to make their lunches now. Will catch up on more of the thread later.

(P.S. - How do I change my number of posts per page from 15 to something better for playing werewolf ?) :)

And here's the explanation for sully. I tend to agree, makes sense. One thing I don't like, and this is a common thing for ol' Ricky Martin here - he's very insistent on telling us that he's afk a lot.
    No issue with him being afk, but I find wolves tend to make excuses more than villagers.
    Agree on Lough. Agree on Beaker. Think one of Necro or pter could be Anne (My link is not weak, I swear!)

I am hard pushing Sulli, not soft bussing. In a game with no vote counts till end of day though, its hard to gauge how strong the push is

Responds to deconduo, backing up most of his points apart from me/Pter. Naturally disagrees he's soft bussing, of course a wolf would do that too so meh.
    fyi, I am going to be in the bottom half of posters for today. guaranteed. shaping up to be a busy day overall. If i make as much as 20-30 posts I'll be doing well

See here it is again, explaining his absence. I don't like it tbh.
    The soft defense is noted

Responding to my comment on sully. It's fair enough, throwing a little light shade I don't think is necessary though.
    In this post Loughc confirms that he has read none of my posts.

Lynch all liars

Pushes hard on Lough, fair enough.
    FFA#1

LoughC - Quoted posts of mine and called them fluff just to suit his own narrative without engaging the context of at least half of them. Conveniently left out some explicitly content filled posts.

Sullivlo - I caught "her" I think :)

Necro - Appealing to emotion a little too often. May not be a wolf, but likely something evil...

FFA. Now, I note the explanation for Loughc. And he's already mentioned sully but he's not really doubling down if he thinks he's caught a wolf, I'd expect him to be more forceful.
    My vote has been on sully since hours ago.

Her most recent attempt to defend herself from my accusations is to once again pretend like my case is the same as the bold letters thing that drumpot did (its not and I explained it quite clearly what my case is) and to blame me for not checking if she was male or female before posting

And here he does, ok that's fair enough. Sticking to his call on sully. Can't knock that.
    Lol. Imin the dentist too.

Sully still a wolf I think.

More reads to come when I get home in a few hours. Today will be even quieter than yesterday though as it's working out. Boards being down this morning was not good for me

And his last post today. Backing off a little on sully? Again with the absence explanation.

So overall: I think Rikand is a very clever player. He's not posted piles of fluff like myself, and has discussed the game fairly routinely.
    Would like to see more detailed reads outside of sully though.

Now, that being said, the absence stuff makes me think he could be evil.

So mild wolf lean for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

• Advertisement

Oh something's happening :pac:

Advertisement