Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

Sorry Guys,

Those gaffers n grips are just doing their thing ahead of tonight’s show ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry Guys,

Those gaffers n grips are just doing their thing ahead of tonight’s show ;)

giphy.gif

Taken from the above list. Is this all of us who are left?

Necro - clock?
    Fixxxer
    Beakerjoe
    Jack Moore
    Quickbeam
    Rikand
    Barney92
    Pter
    Lord TSC
    Sully - wolf/sk?
    Deconduo
    Uriel - under radar
    PJ
    MrsFlushdraw
    Duffman13
    Stu Redman
    Drumpot

#FFA

Uriel and ( Drumpot) are two I would like to look at. Uriel seems to be skating enough below the radar, too much for my liking.

QB I am not sure on. I wasn't sure if there was tasks to know if what she did was one. I think the whole BJ pretending to do a task might have just put light on her, but defo needs to be watched

Sully - Think she is either a wolf or a SK.
    Other thoughts

Necro, despite saying he is a clock, I don't think there is anything sinister with him, just think he is a messer

Deconduo - New player to us, but seems to know his way around. Not too sure what to make of him, have a village lean on him from the way he talks, but need more from him to make mind up

Fixxxer - Not a clue

BJ - Not sure a wolf would pull a stunt like he did, but if he is one, he deserves to win as that was a bold move.

Pter/Lordy - Both in the same camp for me. Poss wolves/sk.

Jack - Seems too regimental to be wolf/ SK. comes in with guns out trying to sort the rabble.

PJ - Not sure

Barney is another curiosity, not sure which way he going,

but sometimes I don't want to say too much in case I have spotted someone who is in fact a villager role. Not that I am great at catching people, but knowing my luck, if we had a seer, I would out by mistake.

That is just me sticking random stuff down. Prob voting for Sully tonight.

How very non-committal of you Flushy :pac: Lot of not sures.

Dunno quite why QB is on your FFA when you see Pter/Lordy as possible wolves/SK.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey lads and lasses

So, complete admission. I forgot this was starting yesterday. When I saw that I had a PM, I thought someone who usually sends me a PM after WWE NXT shows had sent me a PM, and I tend to ignore them, and thus my PMs, until after I see the show. So only clicked on this morning to see it was actually a "HEY! Werewolf has started!" message.

So yeah, I'm going to be a bit behind till I catch up. In the mean time, anyone wanna post me a TL;DR :)

First message, monday morning after 10, so he wasnt here before munch

Claims to have forgot this was on.......... I dunno if I believe that, esp for a player who never misses a game.
    tenor.gif

Fluff reply
    Up to page 17 now, a few notes made, and I wish Beaker's role claim had come after I posted "I'm leaning good on Beaker" :P

Fluff, didnt need to post this during catch up. Think i may have missed a post here when multi quoting.
    Posting notes - Up to page 19, which is up to posts #270. So apologies if these are latter debunked.

Necro and BJ straight away yesterday started trying to move themselves into leadership positions. The two were discussing plans early on Day0.

Pter got really aggressive, really quickly with Necro, and then vanished as quick. Admittedly, he was vocalising my own worries about Necro as well. Necro's "split everyone into three" plan was quite pushy for Necro on Day 0. I also really didn't like Necro's rebuttals, trying to paint Pter as going after him cause of his behaviour in past games, rather than arguing the merit of the plan. (I am aware I, too, am holding my past dealings with Necro in account when reading through the posts). In the scuffle between Necro and Pter, it felt as if Pter got quite aggressive quite quickly, but Necro dealt with it in a way that raises a flag for me.

Virt attacked Beaker a bit last night, though my read of Virt was his concerns seemed legit and well founded. What would worry me is how Stu kind of tried lumping on gently in post #226, and then LoughC seems to have lumped on hard this morning.

(I've not reached this morning's kill yet, but I think it's Virt, yeah? So my worry would be that the wolves offed Virt cause he'd started the ball rolling against Beaker a bit for them, and they could dismiss it as "targetting a leader" when Necro and Beaker should be way bigger targets than that tbh).

Also aware that all I've really made notes on thus far then are the most active people. Have to do some work; will resume from post 270 in a bit.

Notes before they have fully caught up, did they need to post this before the caught up, couldnt he just catch up then re evaluate, why did he want his thoughts known here. Maybe Im too critical here.

But its like I can shade people here and take it back later, at least thats how a wolf may post.
    Lordy, that “double post” right as I note my worries bout LoughC and Necro

Again same as above
    tenor.gif

Fluff
    Hey Pter,

I just wanted to clarify what I meant by "aggressive".

When you posted at Necro yesterday, you had no fluff before or during the conversation with him. You were straight down to business, calling out the flaws in Necro's plan.

In case it didn't come off in the post you're referring to, my suspicions based on your interactions with Necro fall on Necro, rather than yourself. You were "aggressive" in so far as you saw something suspicious, and did not beat around the bush presenting your concerns. I'd far rather than brand of aggressiveness than Lough's, for instance.

Clarification, while not untrue, was it needed. Why the need to clarify what he meant by agggresive. Again maybe Im too harsh
    Man, that post only doubles down on my fear of why Virt was killed this morning tbh.

Why do you think Virt was killed......

Its possible but very assumptious

Surely role hunting would be the first thought. Its not Lords though.

Cant say hes a wolf either though to be fair
    I reached the munch this morning (which means I'm caught up now), but what strikes me is how little after Virt's death there actually was. Partily because the mods came in quickly with the quiz, so the event got drowned out a bit. But from my notes, a summation of it goes...

Virt dies.

Within seconds, Necro and Lough post. Necro "WTF" and Lough "Did he even post." These two posts both registered at 10:00. So these posts had to be typed and processed within a maximum of 60 sec (presuming the munch was at 10:00:00 and the posts were at 10:00:59).

Necro then posts, offering to quote all of Virt's posts".
    MrsF comes in, downplays Virt's role in the game to date.

(three first posts basically downplaying Virt's death, painting him as unimportant to the village)

Pter offers the thought that Virt could have been an SK or wolf.

Lough then posts that Virt could have been a good asset, and that his death is not a good start for the village (which is beyond weird of a statement to make, not just because he was only claiming moments before that he had no memory of Virt even posting, but also....its the first munch. Virt could have easily been an NRV or something utterly inconsequential. Claiming his death hurts the village seems a bit of a stretch so quickly).

Beaker points out Virt hit a hotspot.

Necro quotes all of Virt's posts, but never actually gives much of a read on them. (This could easily appear as looking helpful without actually BEING helpful).

MrsF asks Beaker what the hotspot was. Beaker replies by quoting a Lough post, seemingly accusing him of being a wolf.

Necro asks Pter for some more clarification on his earlier post.

And the mods then begin the quiz.

So 5 people on shortly after the munch. Necro, LoughC, MrsF, Beaker and Pter.
    I don't want to tunnel on people who are just posting. I went into this part of things wanting to see who else was acting suspicious. And the same names popped up on the radar again.

But surely at least one wolf would have been posting shortly after the munch, in an attempt to start guiding the narrative, right? Would every wolf have just not been posting?

There's only 12 posts between munch and the quiz this morning, so its not a lot of work for people to read back over them.

The Necro and Lough WTF is a fair obsevation. The certainty taht at least one wolf was posting after munch is not valid. Lets say Lord is a wolf, is he trying to shade others there?

And he knows who the wolves are, does he know Lough and Necro arent wolves, hence why hes gone in on them here?

Going off what I've posted over the day...

#FFA1
    1. LoughC
    2. Necro
    3. MrsF

Order of preference too.
    In all due fairness to MrsF, if the "hotspot" thing was a reference I didn't get, that's fair enough. As it is, she's third on my list because she engaged with Necro and Lough after the munch, participating in the downplaying of Virt. My preference is squarely on 1 and 2 right now.

Lough right at the top by a margin though. Downplaying Virt's role, and then saying he's a loss for the village, and then trying to tie the death to Beaker....he's all over the place right now, imo.

His FFA, adds up with everything he sposted to be fair. Again if hes a wolf, he can post an FFA knowing whos bad and whos not.

To be fair, nothing majorly wolfy yet, just viewing his posts under the assumption hes a wolf.
    You do remember I was worried about you even before I posted bout your posting at 10am? :pac:

This is a weird post. How would we know this? Because you told the village this before 10am?

Reminder, Lord was not on prior to 10am. Maybe Im reading this wrong

Wait, you don't know the time? Sure, the entire point of a countdown clock is it's "counting down" to a specified time.

A fair question, though it was asked plenty before here.
    I voted LoughC.

I never believed Beakers claim, nor do I believe Necro. But at least they are giving themselves rope to hang themselves with latter.

Fair post I suppose depending on how you view my play and necros

It also helps people prepare a bit better for “shock” lunches which have become a bit more frequent recently.

Clarification post
    Not mentioning John Barrowman?

You’re dead to me Necro.

Fluff.

Afternoon folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Jack going on about people having a certainty making them wolfy :pac:

I don’t have a certainty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is a weird post. How would we know this? Because you told the village this before 10am?

Reminder, Lord was not on prior to 10am. Maybe Im reading this wrong

Hey Beaker,

On this part, I meant that I had my worries about Necro before I brought up HIS posting at 10AM. As in I had vocalized my worries about him in my initial thoughts post, and then mentioned my worries about him posting within seconds of the munch at 10AM.

I didn't mean "I posted before 10AM". It was in reference to Necro trying to spin it that my concerns started with noting HIS posting at 10AM, when I had mentioned my worry about him before raising that particular concern. Necro was trying to dismiss my fears, and I wanted to point out to him my fears went beyond his own particular post at 10AM.

Rest of you analysis is fair critiques.

Necro wrote: »
    Ok Rikand next. I'm scared about tackling Stu's posts as he puts effort into them, but that's my third task in between bouts of screaming in pain after the dentist butchered me.

Please do Necro. If not 'tackle', at least give them a read back so we can try to get something going here. Especially yesterday eve's posts. I really think I found a wolf then, and in my reading of today's thread so far PJ has only reinforced that feeling.

doctor-who-rain-sad.gif

Fluff
    Ash, I’d nearly get on board a Chinese fire drill. The last one I was in was fun :D

Fluff
    Louth, why the bloody hell did you wait so long?

Of all the role claims presented, you probably could have made sure you were saf if you’d come out earlier.

Awesome.....

Fair post after Lough revealed at 9pm
    I’m really hoping Loughc was bs-ing there cause otherwise he’s probably given the wolves a nice and easy narrative going forward.

Uriel :(

Fair post
    Think I put my vote in round tea time but honestly can’t be sure. Round six-ish, I think.

Ok you posted around 6, i posted at 6, I remember. Nothing wrong with forgetting though, though possibly to make yourself look like less of a band wagoner. Maybe Im reaching
    The ONLY one I can see is he was trying to give cover to the actual Bob.

Feel it’s way more likely 5hough is he was **** stirring at the end, throughout shade on people who voted for him, and seeing could he bait either the real Bob ourt, or a priest to confirm/deny the claim.

Fair post

I’ll be honest, I didn’t note the time. I feel I put it in round when I was preparing dinner but I didn’t note the time specifically

Defending the 6 o clock vote claim.
    Glad to know I’m having an impact on the game anyway then :p

Morning all. Hadn’t really bugger all noted about BH or Trit tbh. A slight wolf lean on BH but that was about it. Anyone want to ponder why they were taken? Role hunting presumable? Felt Virt was targeted yesterday for tactical reasons anyway.

That Necro (with his clock claim) and Beaker (for his general play) seemed to survive is curious, though with Beaker, I’d imagine it’s cause the wolves could be enjoying the chaos he brought yesterday. Plus if Virt WAS tactical, why ditch that tactic today?

First post today, why is it curious I survived? Shading Necro and me..... why?

Well if a wolf, obviously.

Logically Necro was high on the FFA and Ive enough stink on me after my actions yesterday..... so Im not sure why your curious or surprised we survived. Interesting.

Why do you think the kill wasnt tactical today? How would you know?
    Weirdly, this is the second morning in a row where discussion about the morning deaths has been utterly lacking.

Necro, just to clarify something, do you know how long is left on your "Countdown"? I could have sworn yesterday you made reference to it counting down, which implied you did know how much time was left, and then changed to saying you didn't know last night.

I think Necro was clear in what the clock did and didnt do yesterday, why ask again?
    Don't believe Necro.
    Don't believe LoughC
    Didn't believe Beaker's claim, though feel he made up the story for "good" reasons.

Response to Jacks post.

Could you elabatrate on your response...... I did
    From a villager stand point, would you not tell people immediately, so that if the village does decide to hang you at some point, the village can have a back up plan prepared, rather than the vote falling on someone random in second place?

Surely having two lives and NOT warning the village before hand would be dangerous too? If that was the prize, it's absolutely a double edged sword.

It's also surely a claim that could be immediately invalidated by someone else coming out going "Lads, he's lying, I won, and have a prize which is X".

A fair defense of Pters prize reveal to be fair. Can Pter not defend himself.......... why jump in, regardless if your point is valid?

Sure, but....that's the game, right :pac:

Nothing of note
    Jack going on about people having a certainty making them wolfy :pac:

I usually associate Jack with Certainty, a sin he reads people general and is certain of some players side. Not always correct, he he deals with certainty.

But I do agree with Jack, you seem certain about the wolf munch tactics, which is odd
    giphy.gif

Fluff

Pter Pantsless has been missing today since his prize win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Doorbell rang an hour ago, wasn't expecting anyone. Jumped up at an odd angle and now I can't move. Personally I think it is Necros fault. :pac:

As for the not sures, yeah, there are a few I am not sure about.

So many people appear wolfy, that unless this is a game where ye are all wolves except me, then I know lots of ye aren't.

QB is just a bit higher up my list Necro!

Can you elbarote on your read a bit Flush

Pter and Lord as possible wolves, SK .........why?

Why have you not mentioned Rikand?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    1. First post today, why is it curious I survived? Shading Necro and me..... why?

Why do you think the kill wasnt tactical today? How would you know?

2. Could you elabatrate on your response...... I did

3. A fair defense of Pters prize reveal to be fair. Can Pter not defend himself.......... why jump in, regardless if your point is valid?

K, think these are the three questions for your stuff there?

1. I think it's a fair question to wonder why two of the more prominent posters weren't targeted this morning, and any morning they survive. Is it a red flag for youself? A small one, but not that big a deal right now. Is it yet another red flag for Necro? In my book of flags, sure. Its something that on its own is not a big deal, but adds up to one if there's other worries about people.

Yesterday, I felt that Virt was targeted because there was going to be a bit of a narrative set up to target yourself. Virt was critical of you, you were creating an easy target by being vocal, and then was offed by the wolves. Lough even meandered at this a bit too, when he started saying you had eaten Virt. Nothing of my reading of Virt's posts identified him as role claiming. His main contribution to that point had been sparing with yourself. As such, I felt that his killing was tactical, rather than role hunting.

This morning on the other hand....neither BH nor Trit had made waves. They weren't involved in any of the sparring contests yesterday, were under no real heat, and their deaths weren't going to throw anyone here under any spot lights. As such, I think logic would dictate it was purely roll hunting, targetting people maybe skirting under the radar in hopes it was because they were rolled.

2. What do you want me to expand on?
    I didn't trust Lough and am confident in my belief he was up to no good. I don't trust Necro AT ALL (seriously, the point of the COUNTDOWN clock is it COUNTS DOWN).
    I did not believe your role claim yesterday, but I do believe you were doing it from a village point of view.

3. I "jumped in" because I saw a hole in logic, and the game isn't a private conversation. I offered my thoughts on a situation as it was being discussed. I do apologize if there's annoyance I "didn't let Pter defend himself", but this is a group game, and when I saw a logic gap, I answered. I don't believe it was making excuses or spinning a story. I was simply pointing out that Pter dealt with his prize in a way that I felt was villagery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Just the way Pter is playing, just think he is hiding something and that is his baddie role. Just my spidey senses with Lordy.

As for Rikand, I prob missed more than him. I don't think I mentioned everyone. I didn't want to keep repeating I don't know.

But at least I am trying. Not causing confusion and playing games for my own personal LOLZ

I'll admit, after gaining some reassurance when she reappeared yesterday evening, I'm once again worried about QB. I feel she's hiding something. If it was an RV status she was hiding, I believe that she would at least help the village a little more in the meantime than she is now. A fair amount of her posts have been defensive rather than helpful. Then, that OT chat just before lynch last night, not a good look as I said at the time. Now another day where QB is unfortunately missing from the village deliberations for the most part. I'm once again concerned.

Elsewhere...Just because I am suspicious of Sully, that wouldn't rule me out of being suspicious of Rikand. Right, they're very likely not on same team, but Rikand's level of contribution so far isn't far off the likes of Sully's and PJ's. Sully, PJ, Rikand and QB are names which will feature on my FFA today.

#FFA2

1. PJ
    2. QB
    3. Sully/Rikand

Elephants in the room from yesterday...

The Clock: I'm happy that Necro is a village resource which will come in useful at some point. Wolves didn't munch him this morning because they think he will cause confusion in the village and/or they don't fear his power. If Necro is lying, well quite simply he will never be trusted in Boards WW again :mad:

Beaker: As I said yesterday, I didn't get his game if he was village. Still though, I was anxious to see how it played out. I challenged his claim and was not one bit surprised to see him reveal as a hoax eventually. No, I don't think it was the most necessary play for us on d1, but I don't think it was worthless or the work of a wolf. Today though, it seems like Beaker is cutting out that BS and is knuckling down to try and help the village in more conventional ways.

K, think these are the three questions for your stuff there?

1. I think it's a fair question to wonder why two of the more prominent posters weren't targeted this morning, and any morning they survive. Is it a red flag for youself? A small one, but not that big a deal right now. Is it yet another red flag for Necro? In my book of flags, sure. Its something that on its own is not a big deal, but adds up to one if there's other worries about people.

Is it fair? Again Necro is high on FFAs and posts quite a lot and afte rmy stunt yesterday I can see why people wouldnt trust me. . I think its logical to think that the wolves would leave us alive, thinking we are under suspicion enough to think we may be lynched.

Id also wager that the wolf kill may be off Seer information.

You seemed certain Virt was a tactical kill........... how are you so certain?
    Yesterday, I felt that Virt was targeted because there was going to be a bit of a narrative set up to target yourself. Virt was critical of you, you were creating an easy target by being vocal, and then was offed by the wolves. Lough even meandered at this a bit too, when he started saying you had eaten Virt. Nothing of my reading of Virt's posts identified him as role claiming. His main contribution to that point had been sparing with yourself. As such, I felt that his killing was tactical, rather than role hunting.

You feel.... but you can not be certain.......... yet this morning you talked about it like it was certain. Explain
    This morning on the other hand....neither BH nor Trit had made waves. They weren't involved in any of the sparring contests yesterday, were under no real heat, and their deaths weren't going to throw anyone here under any spot lights. As such, I think logic would dictate it was purely roll hunting, targetting people maybe skirting under the radar in hopes it was because they were rolled.

Its not the logic in the kills tahts the issue, its the fact you think you are certain of teh logoic this morning, something you could not be sure of.

2. What do you want me to expand on?
    I didn't trust Lough and am confident in my belief he was up to no good. I don't trust Necro AT ALL (seriously, the point of the COUNTDOWN clock is it COUNTS DOWN).
    I did not believe your role claim yesterday, but I do believe you were doing it from a village point of view.

Thats what I wanted to expland on, thank you.
    3. I "jumped in" because I saw a hole in logic, and the game isn't a private conversation. I offered my thoughts on a situation as it was being discussed. I do apologize if there's annoyance I "didn't let Pter defend himself", but this is a group game, and when I saw a logic gap, I answered. I don't believe it was making excuses or spinning a story. I was simply pointing out that Pter dealt with his prize in a way that I felt was villagery.

Would you not let Pter answer? It can look like you defended him. Pters a big boy and can answer for himself.

Even if your good and you had good intetions, lets see what Pter says first before giving him an excuse on a silver platter.

Just my spidey senses with Lordy.

Translation: "Lordy FFA'd be yesterday and I'm holding a grudge" :pac:

Stu, I'm going to have your analysis but it's taking a while as your posts are longer than others. About half way through now.

Just the way Pter is playing, just think he is hiding something and that is his baddie role. Just my spidey senses with Lordy.

As for Rikand, I prob missed more than him. I don't think I mentioned everyone. I didn't want to keep repeating I don't know.

But at least I am trying. Not causing confusion and playing games for my own personal LOLZ

I find it odd that you go to thetrouble of mentioning names like Fixxer and PJ with don’t knows, yet you miss others. Looks suss.

And I think Fixxer and PJ posts thus far warrant more than just “not sure”. I think you should be able to form an opinion on them.

Translation: "Lordy FFA'd be yesterday and I'm holding a grudge" :pac:

Or Im throwing a read out there for the sake of it..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'll admit, after gaining some reassurance when she reappeared yesterday evening, I'm once again worried about QB. I feel she's hiding something. If it was an RV status she was hiding, I believe that she would at least help the village a little more in the meantime than she is now. A fair amount of her posts have been defensive rather than helpful. Then, that OT chat just before lynch last night, not a good look as I said at the time. Now another day where QB is unfortunately missing from the village deliberations for the most part. I'm once again concerned.

Elsewhere...Just because I am suspicious of Sully, that wouldn't rule me out of being suspicious of Rikand. Right, they're very likely not on same team, but Rikand's level of contribution so far isn't far off the likes of Sully's and PJ's. Sully, PJ, Rikand and QB are names which will feature on my FFA today.

#FFA2

1. PJ
    2. QB
    3. Sully/Rikand

The Clock: I'm happy that Necro is a village resource which will come in useful at some point. Wolves didn't munch him this morning because they think he will cause confusion in the village and/or they don't fear his power. If Necro is lying, well quite simply he will never be trusted in Boards WW again :mad:

Beaker: As I said yesterday, I didn't get his game if he was village. Still though, I was anxious to see how it played out. I challenged his claim and was not one bit surprised to see him reveal as a hoax eventually. No, I don't think it was the most necessary play for us on d1, but I don't think it was worthless or the work of a wolf. Today though, it seems like Beaker is cutting out that BS and is knuckling down to try and help the village in more conventional ways.

Can you give me some concrete questions regarding my contributions and the accusations towards me? Because nobody seems to be able to give a reason for being suspicious of me.

You seemed certain Virt was a tactical kill........... how are you so certain?

Would you not let Pter answer? It can look like you defended him. Pters a big boy and can answer for himself.

Even if your good and you had good intetions, lets see what Pter says first before giving him an excuse on a silver platter.

On the first point, that's my read of the situation. My read is Virt looked like he was killed for tactical reasons. Reading through the day before, I feel that's the most likely scenario with all things considered. I made my notes,I posted them here, so you can see the thought process involved. In so far as anyone can be "certain" of things in this game, thats my read on the two mornings, Beaker.

Fair enough on the Pter thing. Road to hell, and all that jazz.....

#FFA2

1. PJ
    2. QB
    3. Sully/Rikand

There is nothing of substance in the first half of your posts and that's what your ffa is based on. I feel like you're talking ****e for the sake of it. +1 suss points to stu

There is nothing of substance in the first half of your post and that's what your ffa is based on. I feel like you're talking ****e for the sake of it. +1 suss points to stu

Want to correct "posts" to "post"

Ok... Stu Redman - deep dive. Here we go. First thoughts before reading are that Stu has a decent number of posts, more than I thought. Stu's style is to bunch everything into longer posts, and I quite like it. He doesn't over explain things or leave gaps. Another thing I'll note before going through the posts is that overall I find he's genuinely game solving, looking at all the options and I think it's a very good look.

And here we go....

Sure as hell there have to be tasks. If there are two bad teams but only one kill tomorrow, they will have to compete for that kill.

Tasks could be gameshow titles or catchphrases, but immediately I'm putting myself in the spotlight as my last post mentioned a couple of my old favourites.

I was going to make a post about the lads anyway, so I'm not trying to answer for any one of them. At first, I laughed at the few posts between them because there was probably some digs due from a previous game. However, if this drags on, that's when I stop laughing. We need a clean slate here for the good of the village.

We could all look to burn each other based on previous games. Unless Pter or Necro have genuine concerns about each other, this early, I hope this game can be treated like the brand new one that it is.

Pter: I was there beside you man when Necro dry-fisted us in that other game. Still though, that was another game.

Ok so Stu is primarily focused on tasks here. That's fine, I will say my personal thoughts are they were off thread ones but I think it's perfectly fine to think otherwise. Gets his point across here.

Also touches on myself and Pter going at it already, playing the peacemaker a little. Could I guess be seen as a soft defence of me, if I'm being a little harsh. Potential pocket attempt noted.
    And who is doing that?

If you're implying that I am, I offered a definite opinion on something the thread was discussing. Where as others merely said 'no point discussing it'. Quickbeam made an even more complex suggestion in reply to me, I suppose that's suspicious too then.

Backroom tasks are a complete new thing to me, and I am no noob at this stage. I haven't seen them before as a good or bad team member. The more common occurrence is on thread tasks, no? Dunno why we would be looking to rule out being on the watch for tasks.

Ok so here Stu gets a bit defensive when Virt mentions someone running a game on thread. I think it's a bit of crossed wires, but to be objective - could be a jumpy wolf under pressure.

Talks about backroom tasks, and to be fair to Stu - the only game he played with backroom tasks was his first and he was NRV then so it's fine to think this way (Meta/end).
    It was hard for me to tell, apologies.

Yeah Beaker's word puzzle is suspicious. If not a task, it's wasting village time.

In fairness - If that is a task, it's a big risk for a wolf/Beaker to take. As for Beaker distracting the village - Well, it's d0, we're not exactly honing in on specific leads which a wolf would desperately need to distract the village from.

At this stage, the best I hope for apart from spotting a task, is just to get everyone posting as much as possible before we begin the serious shít tomorrow. D0 posts might seem useless now, but sometimes they can become uselful later in a game when the village get more info.

Maybe I'm just too relaxed now though, having felt enormous pressure to make a d0 lynch vote in the last game. :pac:

Thanks for that QB.

There seems to be little risk in that for the bad teams though. My understanding so far in WW is that tasks are risky because they had to be carried out on thread. If they are in the backroom, well then that just renders the rest of us a bit useless on d0. Basically we're just waiting until one of us in munched in the morning to try to take information/leads from that. If any.

So first part is the clearing up of things with Virtanen. Now, thing is here - Virtanen died the next morning so I'd be a little concerned this clash might have put Virt on wolf Stu's radar as potentially dangerous. That's me really squinting hard there, I find it more likely it's simply crossed wires.

Second part is back to backroom tasks and interaction with QB. More task discussion and he again thinks they're on the thread. Ok. Now, continuing this line - I could be harsh and wonder why Stu isn't picking posts apart for tasks such is his conviction on this.

In fact, I'll just ask through this post - any suspicious day 0 posts other than ones previously mentioned Stu?
    Ok so players should not be heavily promoting the idea of backroom tasks all of a sudden then. Will take a look back to see if anyone leaned on them hard, or just mentioned the possibility of BR tasks.

If a wolf was looking to waste the village's time, they would make a post like a 'guess what' type of post, a puzzle, which got the village talking about complete fluff rather than talking about an actual strategy.

That was one side. I did follow it up with a paragraph that started with 'In fairness', and that is how I'd be leaning. I was looking at your puzzle from both sides since another poster mentioned it to me.

Hehe, I also remember a previous game where MVP wolf called someone else a wolf on the first day, do we want to go down that road? :pac:

Here's me pointing out the last time backroom tasks were used. Stu (rightly) notes that if it's that long ago it should be more likely that on thread ones are used here. Ok, so in that case posts should be pulled apart looking for things.

He goes on about distraction techniques and other things that wolves might do here - ironically Beaker would then false claim on the basis of doing tasks. Again I'd be remiss not to note he could potentially be TMI'ing here, picking up a plan in a backroom and unconsciously projecting it on thread - but it's again a stretch.
    Last part is a playful jibe at beaker. Fluffy enough.
    Yes, it would be you indeed! And QB and Virtanen who talked about them.

Though I now see the reason why there would be backroom tasks, to basically give the minority bad team a chance to protect their identity from the larger bad team.

Could be either I guess, BR or on-thread, but I would still be on the lookout for tasks. Especially if it's been over a year since BR tasks last appeared. (I trust your info on that, you are like a Boards WW Wiki)

On that note, the only suspect thing for me really is QB's list of the Chasers members. QB said that she was unfamiliar with the show and I can appreciate that. I'd never even heard of it before I read the OP. But then, I didn't go and list a bunch of the characters in one post.

That could of course be some helpful villager work on d0, trying to sort out the OP and make sense of it. However, I don't know what benefit it does the village to speculate on the names of the missing wolf team characters. I could stand to be enlightened on that though, just like I was with 'what's the point of backroom tasks?'.

I dunno. There should be more than tasks to discuss and the above is far from airtight, but for d0 I have little else to look out for but tasks.

Back we go again to the backroom VS on thread tasks after I point out I was advocating the opposite of him. A light mention of QB's Chasers post. Ok, so he's looking for tasks, but this had been discussed prior.

Everyone's checked in now but Sinbad, Barney and Lordy. That's not bad for d0, especially after last night's rugby celebrations.

I didn't even get to see the game yet. I was doing a gig in town last night and was out of Dublin by 11pm, in my local Tesco for 11:30pm, home-made Indian cooked and pillaged an hour later. Rock and roll \m/

Noting who's checked in, I quite like that. Rest is fluff and not game related, so I'll ignore.
    Right, in all seriousness though...

I could see this role in such a game*. BUT...I still remember the Almanac.

I'm on the fence about this claim at the moment - I don't want to dismiss Beaker in this game based on a big bluff 11 months ago.

However, Beaker is great at...Beakering. In a response to someone since his reveal, he said "I'm pretty sure I'm Beakering too". Plus, he named his BR on thread and didn't get a slap from the mods. Plus...a full 3 Seer peeks just for completing a simple enough task? (Simple because it could be passed off as early game fluff if it backfired, like I passed it off as yesterday when talking about Beaker)...Also, we have a wolf seer in the game.

*I could see this clown role, but Necro as Countdown Clock?! :pac: Ah...it's that mental, and Necro is so firmly standing by it, I'm actually believing it for now.

Elsewhere...

I mentioned tasks a few times yesterday, and rather than just mentioned them, gave an example of what I thought might be a task and why. That Chasers post of QBs. And the fact that she doesn't seem to be around today only adds to the worry.

No, not solely because she isn't here, but because...

With tasks in this game, I'm looking towards posters who got in early yesterday, made a hape of posts, but haven't really been seen since. Those flurry of early posts could have allowed them to hide their task, and they've fúcked off since knowing that they were successful.

QB ticks this box for me, and along with her Chasers post it is bugging me.

More than her though (with the 'post a lot and early, then disappear' point), Drumpot is tingling my senses.

I'm still properly reading posts from earlier today, but as of now I'd be hard pressed to keep Drumpot and QB off my FFA.

Stu's (second but real) opening post from Monday. Again, nice and detailed, questioning the role claim immediately and quite skeptical. Points out that Beaker admitted to .....beakering..... and that he wasn't smacked for naming his backroom on thread, all fair points.
    Touches on my clock claim and believes it 'for now.'

Back to task, admits he spoke about them a lot (don't know why but I like he said that), and goes back to QB's post again. Also mentions Drumpot is tingling his senses.

Now, there's something strange about this, and it's probably the thing I like least so far. Stu likes to explain his reads a lot, so his light shading of Drumpot without further elaboration seems out of character. Need to keep an eye on it I think, also I'm probably going to check back as Drummer and Stu I don't think have interacted much.
    :D

That last post I made touched upon most of my suspicions at the moment.

If we could believe Beaker, then we'd know for sure that tasks are on thread. As I was suspecting anyway.

In that case, I really would be looking at who got a flurry of posts in on d0, and then I'd be looking to see if any of them were heavily pushing this 'tasks are in the BR' theory.

Right, BR tasks are to apparently give SK a chance at protecting their identity from the other wolves. But, as you said Necro, we haven't seen BR tasks since TWD. What was protecting the SK's identity in all those other games? 2 lives/accounts was only in a couple of the games.

Someone didn't want us looking for tasks yesterday, because there were likely on-thread tasks afoot. But...would a tasking wolf be the one to shoot down the suggestions of task-hunting? No, I don't think they would lead it, but they might follow someone else's suggestion on it.

So myself and Stu cross posted here, so he points to his previous post which is fine. Back to task talk - yet... and again I'm just trying to be objective - the only thing standing out to him is QB's Chaser post.

For someone so very focused on tasks, I'm surprised he hasn't gone into detail on the day 0 posts in an effort to see anything else that stands out.
    Because it was probably only 1 of about 10 games you modded this year!

So...Beaker is a seer who won't/can't give more info because it could aid the wolves (understandable) but essentially could just buy him time and/or keeps the village in a state of stagnation.

Necro is the countdown clock, counting down to something that will be good for the village. Still could be just a buying time method, a very literal one. However, Necro had his claim staked since his first post, when there was literally zero pressure on him. Unless he was a lone SK who needed to mount a serious strategy in order to win the game and had this clock business planned from when he got his game PM, I dunno w(hy)tf he'd be claiming a clock in the first post. Then hard claiming it today.

Two hard claims which each promise a pot of gold for the village at the end of the rainbow. I'm trying to be optimistic here, but both of these players have made absolute master moves in previous games. It should be noted though that they made them for good, as well as bad. I'm just a bit shaken that two very creative players have made these claims so early.

As it is, I'm not sure who I'm going to be voting for tonight and I feel that was part of the plan today. No, not confuse Stu specifically, just the whole village.

Skeptical Stu is back talking about the claims on the table. Again, I'm unsure about why he's not elaborated on his suspicions on Drumpot yet so I'm hoping to find the answer as I move forward.
    In the spirit of trying of look outside of things the thread is getting tunneled into, plus I'm following a suspicion...

Your posts so far don't make for the best reading PJ. I'm not Sherlock Holmes here meself, but am trying to offer more than the following...

Your presence and post count implies that you aren't around at all, however that quick reply to Drumpot's gif implies that you are seeing more than you let on. Looking back at your posts now, I am suspicious.

Makes a move against partyjungle. Ok, I like his outside the box thinking, he brings up a decent argument that I agree with against PJ. His response to Drumpot's gif was fairly rapid, and for someone seemingly quite abstract from the game thread it was a strange pop in. Anywho this isn't the PJ dive.

Yep, and that's the reason that despite having you on my proposed FFA earlier, I know you and that would be almost too high a risk for you to play as a wolf. A reason that I'm not voting for you, and a reason I'm happy to see you back in here with a thought-out post.* Plus, yesterday before you left, you were probably the only one trying to help me suss a task, rather than write that quest off as pointless because 'BR tasks'.

*We've already crossed Meta Bridge onto Iknowyou Island and burned the bridge to shreds behind us folks, may as well acknowledge it.

Talking to QB here, and I find this an interesting climbdown tbh. He hasn't really backed down anywhere else on QB, so when challenged he immediately says 'oh, I won't put you on my FFA as it's too unlikely.'

Yet it's the only task that Stu has spoken about in his task talk. It's odd.
    No harm PJ, but Necro already answered this stuff earlier.

Nope, not standing up for Necro in the slightest, just pointing out that you still aren't reading the thread. Over an hour ago you said you had no reads apart from Beaker because you hadn't a chance to be active today.

Since then, you've posted one-liners which offered nothing, and asked questions which have been already answered in the last few hours. You're not reading because maybe you are uninterested NRV, but there are more nefarious possibilities I'm considering.

So back to PJ and points out I answered questions about the clock. Also says 'he's not defending me' - but he kinda is. Back to a push on PJ which again I can see the sense in.
    #FFA1 in order of current preference...

PJungle: I've outlined reasoning in the last short while. Look at his posts so far. Plus, he's not reading the thread despite trying to appear active and willing in the last hour or two. I believe he's not reading it because he knows it's pointless, that there are no wolves for him to find cause he is a wolf.

Beaker: That new reveal, the gotcha, is no help to the village at all. You got people talking? Yes, because there would have been no one saying shít otherwise. Disappointing and suspicious.

Drummer: Made himself the second highest poster yesterday, which is basically first when you take Necro/Man City out of it. There was some thought to his posts then. Today though, I'm really not sure what to make of him. I believe there were on-thread tasks and a wolf got in early and in abundance to blend in their task yesterday. Drummer would be my shout there.

Ok so his FFA. Partyjungle here the highest, logical given his push. Beaker then after he reveals he's been lying about his claim. Also understandable.
    Drumpot, here we go, been waiting for a little about Drummer other than 'tingles' which is very un-Stu.
    And he goes into fair detail, mentions tasks and Drumpot high posting on day 0. Tbh, I don't really agree with the reasoning, but fair enough.
    Meta.

As seer in last game, I was leaning heavily on Lough/Holly as very clever wolf. Even despite getting lots of evidence to the contrary in the game, I still couldn't shake those vibes. As it turns out, Lough was good and I read it very wrong.

So, yeah, some of his early posts in this game seem to be like him skirting by, akin to how I described PJ's a while ago, but I've been parking Lough for now while other things took my attention.

Lough shot down Beaker's claim instantly today. But then, he shot down my genuine seer claim in the last game. He might be a skeptical person, even to the point of conveying wolfiness, but that doesn't automatically make him a wolf.

Never mind Beaker or Lough, I wonder if the two are playing a blinder on the one team. That whole charade has kept the village talking about very little else today. I feel that I presented a good case for a low lying wolf with PJ, but from the FFA results it appears that I'm on my own there.

Talks about the last game and a bit of meta on Lough, then pushes a potential conspiracy between Beaker and Lough to distract the village all day. Again, I don't mind this, he's looking outside the box at least.
    Eh...I've interacted with QB possibly more than anyone else so far. Or at least she's up there. See our tasks discussion last night, my FFA of her earlier this evening, my post to her when she appeared today.

I haven't really interacted with Lough, you were right there, but not about QB.

Ok, so I'll call Stu up on this, I think he's overstretching his interactions with QB, which are maybe 3/4. Definitely not more than anyone on thread (probably me the most, beaker and possibly PJ as well a bit more).
    I still find his backdown about QB doing a task and subsequent dropping of the point completely odd. But maybe he can provide me with more info.
    I'm finding it hard to get away from voting PJ, but it looks like a waste of a vote.

Out of Qb, Lough and Necro, I just don't don't see enough yet to vote on one.

However, the fact that 2/3 of them are here just shooting the breeze about off-topic stuff so close to lynch is not a great look.

(Even if I was wondering myself who were the "real" celebs on that show this year :o)

No vote is ever wasted firstly. You should always vote for your top wolf candidate. I think it's ok that he sticks by the PJ vote, he's been pushing it most of the day and his argument isn't just 'kill a low poster.' I like this post and... if it's a thing... the tone of it.
    Suppose. I just reckon if you are a counting clock which would benefit the village, you'd offer a scenario for a resolve. Eg: "Village, if I can't reveal more about the clock before tomorrow's lynch, lynch me then. But you're about to lynch a valuable asset."

If you have been given a role as a talking clock which has an unknown countdown to an unknown event, that's a tough hand you've been dealt in terms of how to break it to the village.

As I said much earlier today, there was no pressure on you. Not sure why you would make that up and claim a talking clock as a ruse. My vote still on PJ.

Kinda runs me down a little about my clock claim and how I should be formulating how to help the village. Fair enough, it's a decent line to take. Pity I can't give any further info, but tis the hand I'm dealt.
    Again, I like the tone here.
    On that, you made some very specific requests from me over an hour ago. I got back to you on both, but you didn't acknowledge either of my replies. You've posted a bunch in the meantime though about other stuff. What gives?

Also, being someone who cracked a dark joke in here today, I can't really complain about decorum, but I'm not mad about the use of 'scum' in this game.

I love WW partially because I forget that I'm on Boards. 'Scum this and that' in the soccer forum and AH, I'd love if it was a word which could be left out of this sanctuary.

Back to deconduo who he had a back and forth with about QB. Basically looking for a response from Deco. Mainly though it's off topic about the use of the word scum.
    For one - Deconduo, given the mod post: I did not report your post which I quoted, or anyone's post.

For another - Hmm, Lough's last minute claim is pointing to him being good, as the real Bob Holness could come out and counter it.

On the flipside, why so late Lough? Considering he had looked doomed for the last couple of hours. The lateness raises the possibility it could be the desperate trick of a dying wolf, to try to get the real Bob to come out and say 'Er...no you're not'.

For one, if that is the case, real Bob do not come out right now.

Still though - Look at the votes. There has to be a bandwagon in there, and wolves wouldn't bandagon their own. Because of that, my overall lean now is that Lough was good. His late late reveal was just because he thought he could fight it out by other means, and the reveal was a last minute safety net. A safety net which was left too late.

Jim and Bob, if you're out there, stay where you are.

Ok the first part is not really game-related so I'm not going into it. Believes Lough good after the last minute claim. Open though to the possibility that it could be a wolf claim. I like it because he states his belief first, then goes into the 'but it could be....'

Once he explains that he's back to his belief that Lough was good and that there was a bandwagon.

Last part was repeated by a few others in line with the captains staying put. Wolf and village alike I feel would say the same thing so it's NAI for me.

Rest of his post is good.
    No sphere for me today folks. I wasn't around to compete this morning, but did manage to at least use google properly to submit a correct answer to tonight's competition.

I imagine that the prize-winners mightn't be jumping to reveal anyway, depending on their allegiance.

Still though, I would have expected a time limit and to have seen the effects of the morning prize by now.

States he didn't win the prize. Grand, I know he didn't win this one, but again it's really NAI as a wolf would likely lie and say this even if they had won.
    Can't help but feel that Lough actually might be a captain sent to the gallows, and just handled his reveal poorly.

In terms of his earlier reveal about Roy, hell, Drumpot claimed Blankety Blank as a joke and no one lost their minds. That Roy 'claim' was a complete throwaway comment.

The NRV claim - Not throwaway, but could be still trying to keep his RV status hidden and hoping not to be put in a position to reveal so early in game.

People saying he revealed too late - Guarantee you, if he had have revealed earlier others still would have found a reason to lol and shoot him down. The fact that he revealed late gives possible wolves the chance to go 'he was bad, case closed'.

Fine, we can consider him whatever for now, but be it tomorrow or in a couple of days, the truth will come to light eventually. In which case, today's posts will become more useful...

If Lough was good - Who lead the hunt on him? Who then sought to outright label him a wolf in the aftermath? Who got their vote in early, who waited until quite late to see how thread sentiment was swaying? Who voted for Lough after the FFA results?

If Lough was bad - Who went out of their way to defend Lough? Who stayed away from the debate and Lough altogether?

I think that will be an important vote to look back on later when surviving players get more information. It was some wagon. Now it doesn't have to mean it was lined with wolves, there could be inactive villagers voting according to FFAs. Still though, suspect wagon. It can't be full of super sleuths who bagged a wolf on day one. I don't honestly believe that the majority of those voters voted Lough because they genuinely thought he was a wolf.

We may as well move on for now, but I'm a bit concerned that we could be down a captain and I'm not as eager as others to so quickly consider Lough a wolf hung. Look at what some of you deemed insane timing with my seer reveal in the last game, it didn't mean it was bullshít though.

A long post about the various claims of Lough - I agree re: his joke claim of a different captain. I differ on the NRV claim, Stu acknowledges it wasn't throwaway at least.

Kinda shoots down the idea that he should have revealed earlier. I'd disagree on that, I think the writing was on the wall and a village Lough should have come out at least an hour beforehand. But it's an interpretation.

Goes on about those who voted for Lough on the bandwagon, not sure there's a whole pile of point if he doesn't point out these people.

Also looking into those who defended Lough or stayed out of it - again, not knowing his alignment this is all stuff we can't do much about.

Probably not a whole pile of tangible substance in this post tbh, but I can see he's thinking and talking things out on thread and I still like it.
    Necro, I mean sorry, Countdown Clock...is this change in posting style part of your assignment as a clock?

Or is it just a bit of craic?
    Well, suddenly posting in the third person is a change in posting style.

I was just wondering was it the next progression for the Countdown Clock, something you have to do in order to unlock your power.

T'was just a bit of fun so.

Last two I also like, he challenges my Countdown Clock third person stuff.

Twas just a bit of fun Stu, the game is all about fun for me :)

Again though he doesn't jump for the 'shoot the clock' or 'smash the clock' - he's reasoning and trying to understand if anything else is going on. It's more stuff I like.

Ok so overall:

There are good points on Stu, and also bad.

I like how thorough he is generally on his views, and (tonally) it reads as genuine. He has a lot of outside the box thinking on players, moving out of the noise and targeting the quieter ones.

However, I don't like how quick he was to back down over the QB thing, and his constant task discussion without giving some posts of people that look suss seems... I dunno... OTT maybe? Also the Drumpot mention without elaboration initially just seems out of character for a very thorough player.

I think I'm being a bit nit-picky tbh, but Stu has a lot in his posts so it can be read either way.

Currently my read would be light to moderately strong town though.

PHEW! I need to lie down after that.

Me too Flushy, can't see me in your list.

Stu, I'm going to have your analysis but it's taking a while as your posts are longer than others. About half way through now.

No worries, have nothing to fear. Am more eager for you to read my posts for progress rather than 'Oh no, what will he find?'.
    sullivlo wrote: »
    Can you give me some concrete questions regarding my contributions and the accusations towards me? Because nobody seems to be able to give a reason for being suspicious of me.

Sully you have contributed very little to helping us find a wolf. Many highly defensive posts, for instance that multi-quote yesterday with multiple uses of "Peek me, but it would be a waste of a peek"...things like that would raise my eyebrow.
    There is nothing of substance in the first half of your posts and that's what your ffa is based on. I feel like you're talking ****e for the sake of it. +1 suss points to stu

My case against you is there to see since yesterday.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this series of events...

- You didn't suspect Beaker at first, he was the only read you made early yesterday evening and it was 'good'.
    - Beaker starts to poke at you since then.
    - Beaker suddenly is on your shít list.
    - I make some fair points about you yesterday.
    - You don't FFA me or vote for me yesterday.
    - I keep with my suspicions today.
    - Now I'm on the shítlist.

Is that about right?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Hi all checking in and trying to make sense of whats going on. Sick as a dog after a few celebration drinks after the game last night. I've not had a rugby inspired full day black out since the Toyota Cheetahs v Leinster game last year. If anyone wants to make me a fry up I'd appreciate it.

An odd post, shoe horning a lot of irrelevant fluff

Oh god still dying. Did Rikand explain what he saw in Sullis post?

I hate posts like this, scream wolf or lazy villager.
    Would be interested to hear what he thinks is there because I she can't see anything wrong with Sulli.

Fair post perhaps
    You made this seems helpful but not really post. Since then you've just attacked people who have questioned it instead of explaining it. Would you care to explain what was Wolfy?

This is in respons eto Loughc "alot of wolfy posts" post. Seems to be parroting me a bit here.
    Does that mean you won??

Clarification post
    There has been only on kill. Could Vert have been the SK??

Its possible.
    Its not deflecting, it's a genuine question?

Was it though? perhaps I suppose
    From the OP

Serial Killer (Anne Robinson): Anne will eliminate a contestant each morning.

Quoting the OP post to back up his Sk being Virt theory.
    Are you running two accounts again Nerco??

Fluff
    Is it obvious? Not to me hence my missing it. You on the other hand do feel like you're deflecting after your spare with BK. Noticed the attempt to get on Necros good side with the jungle balls joke too.

Lough did seem to be deflecting, but Lough made a fair point before that.
    I suggest peak Sulli or Rikand after their little interaction yesterday.

Why those two so early........ why not others. Why not Lough since he was deflecting so much as you said.
    I'm voting LoughC. He's looked Wolfy from start and nothing he's said has changed my opinion on that. Points from others have made me more sure.

Voting LoughC. Again, if Im looking over these posts as if Fixxxxer is a wolf. If he is a wolf and hes voting LoughC, he knows who is bad and who is good.

Again IF hes a wolf.

He wants Sully and Rikand peaked but wont lynch em. If Fixxxer is a wolf, could Lough, Rikand or Sully a wolf. Most likely the last 2 since he voted for Lough.

Why peek those two yet vote for Lough
    LoughC coming in and saying "look at the Wolfy activity" and not backing it up looks suspicious to me. When BK asked him to explain it he attacked BK rather than explain it. That looks to me like someone trying to make a statement that looks like a villager but when called on it they have nothing so they attack. Villagers work together to find wolves not make empty statements then shout wolf at anyone who disagrees.

Sulli and Rikand was more curiosity. Like, from the exchange it looks like something was seen but I have no idea what it is. As I'm happy for now that LouchC is a wolf candidate, it makes sense to me to start looking for other candidates too.

Ah he explains here. Do we believe him? Hes double downing on Lough.

I'll be honest I wasn't fully behind BKs claim. It reeked of let's see who reacts and act on that. I wanted to see if either Sulli or Rikand reacted.

He never mentioned his thoughts on me until this post. Hindsight is a great thing aye Fixxxer. Smells of wolf
    Something feels off about Sulli but not enough for me to go full wolf on them. Looking back now to see if I can find anything useful.

Care to explain what is off exactly? Be very specific.
    Boards is only back for me now so checking in while I can.

Necro, assuming you are actually a clock, do you have any idea when your count down ends?

Cant see any threatening posts by Trit. Or BH as I type this while catching up. Possible wolves just going after good players on absence of other information to go on.

Cant see anything or havent bothered to look?
    Don't believe LoughC, I idea about the other two
    Whats your idea? Share with the group,

No idea that should say

Ah he means no idea, not an idea. Fair enough....
    While I like the gif, what's the evidence?

Fair post.... the phrasing doesnt sit well with me. Maybe Im nit picking
    Minus 6?

Clarification question....... I could let that slide.

Though you post thing slike this when you could be posting about something else.
    Its a good time to come clean on this Rikand.

I don't think Sulli is a wolf, there hasn't been any hint of intervention from other players to deflect or make any sort of defence on her behalf. SK would be my guess. Or just a grump.

Wait, now you dont think Sully is a wolf? Why?

Like how can you be sure? Based on what?

I smell evil here. Based off this, Fixxxers not looking good.

We're essentially playing a mountainous game now with no full seer so that's why I'm doing deep dive reads today.

Hoping someone will come back and respond.

But anyways here's today's #FFA2

Uriel - There's just nothing there. No reads, nothing. Just 'this is what I'd like to do.'
    Sully - To be fair to sully, she's at least responding to people. I'm still pretty set on her being a wolf as again she listed names and didn't really provide reasoning.
    Flushy - her reads list is a whole pile of 'not sures'. Possible this, possible that - grand, do a bit of reading and make a call. One thing she's sure on is sully being again, wolf or SK. Could be bussing here, yet she's bottom of the FFA.

Outside of that I'm interested to hear more from Rikand on my analysis, and indeed his thoughts in general.

Fixxxer too imo needs more investigating, although I see beaker has done a bit of that above.

Ok... Stu Redman - deep dive. Here we go. First thoughts before reading are that Stu has a decent number of posts, more than I thought. Stu's style is to bunch everything into longer posts, and I quite like it. He doesn't over explain things or leave gaps. Another thing I'll note before going through the posts is that overall I find he's genuinely game solving, looking at all the options and I think it's a very good look.

And here we go....

Ok so Stu is primarily focused on tasks here. That's fine, I will say my personal thoughts are they were off thread ones but I think it's perfectly fine to think otherwise. Gets his point across here.

Also touches on myself and Pter going at it already, playing the peacemaker a little. Could I guess be seen as a soft defence of me, if I'm being a little harsh. Potential pocket attempt noted.

Ok so here Stu gets a bit defensive when Virt mentions someone running a game on thread. I think it's a bit of crossed wires, but to be objective - could be a jumpy wolf under pressure.

Talks about backroom tasks, and to be fair to Stu - the only game he played with backroom tasks was his first and he was NRV then so it's fine to think this way (Meta/end).

So first part is the clearing up of things with Virtanen. Now, thing is here - Virtanen died the next morning so I'd be a little concerned this clash might have put Virt on wolf Stu's radar as potentially dangerous. That's me really squinting hard there, I find it more likely it's simply crossed wires.

Second part is back to backroom tasks and interaction with QB. More task discussion and he again thinks they're on the thread. Ok. Now, continuing this line - I could be harsh and wonder why Stu isn't picking posts apart for tasks such is his conviction on this.

In fact, I'll just ask through this post - any suspicious day 0 posts other than ones previously mentioned Stu?

Here's me pointing out the last time backroom tasks were used. Stu (rightly) notes that if it's that long ago it should be more likely that on thread ones are used here. Ok, so in that case posts should be pulled apart looking for things.

He goes on about distraction techniques and other things that wolves might do here - ironically Beaker would then false claim on the basis of doing tasks. Again I'd be remiss not to note he could potentially be TMI'ing here, picking up a plan in a backroom and unconsciously projecting it on thread - but it's again a stretch.
    Last part is a playful jibe at beaker. Fluffy enough.

Back we go again to the backroom VS on thread tasks after I point out I was advocating the opposite of him. A light mention of QB's Chasers post. Ok, so he's looking for tasks, but this had been discussed prior.

Noting who's checked in, I quite like that. Rest is fluff and not game related, so I'll ignore.

Stu's (second but real) opening post from Monday. Again, nice and detailed, questioning the role claim immediately and quite skeptical. Points out that Beaker admitted to .....beakering..... and that he wasn't smacked for naming his backroom on thread, all fair points.
    Touches on my clock claim and believes it 'for now.'

Back to task, admits he spoke about them a lot (don't know why but I like he said that), and goes back to QB's post again. Also mentions Drumpot is tingling his senses.

Now, there's something strange about this, and it's probably the thing I like least so far. Stu likes to explain his reads a lot, so his light shading of Drumpot without further elaboration seems out of character. Need to keep an eye on it I think, also I'm probably going to check back as Drummer and Stu I don't think have interacted much.

So myself and Stu cross posted here, so he points to his previous post which is fine. Back to task talk - yet... and again I'm just trying to be objective - the only thing standing out to him is QB's Chaser post.

For someone so very focused on tasks, I'm surprised he hasn't gone into detail on the day 0 posts in an effort to see anything else that stands out.

Skeptical Stu is back talking about the claims on the table. Again, I'm unsure about why he's not elaborated on his suspicions on Drumpot yet so I'm hoping to find the answer as I move forward.

Makes a move against partyjungle. Ok, I like his outside the box thinking, he brings up a decent argument that I agree with against PJ. His response to Drumpot's gif was fairly rapid, and for someone seemingly quite abstract from the game thread it was a strange pop in. Anywho this isn't the PJ dive.

Talking to QB here, and I find this an interesting climbdown tbh. He hasn't really backed down anywhere else on QB, so when challenged he immediately says 'oh, I won't put you on my FFA as it's too unlikely.'

Yet it's the only task that Stu has spoken about in his task talk. It's odd.

So back to PJ and points out I answered questions about the clock. Also says 'he's not defending me' - but he kinda is. Back to a push on PJ which again I can see the sense in.

Ok so his FFA. Partyjungle here the highest, logical given his push. Beaker then after he reveals he's been lying about his claim. Also understandable.
    Drumpot, here we go, been waiting for a little about Drummer other than 'tingles' which is very un-Stu.
    And he goes into fair detail, mentions tasks and Drumpot high posting on day 0. Tbh, I don't really agree with the reasoning, but fair enough.

Talks about the last game and a bit of meta on Lough, then pushes a potential conspiracy between Beaker and Lough to distract the village all day. Again, I don't mind this, he's looking outside the box at least.

Ok, so I'll call Stu up on this, I think he's overstretching his interactions with QB, which are maybe 3/4. Definitely not more than anyone on thread (probably me the most, beaker and possibly PJ as well a bit more).
    I still find his backdown about QB doing a task and subsequent dropping of the point completely odd. But maybe he can provide me with more info.

No vote is ever wasted firstly. You should always vote for your top wolf candidate. I think it's ok that he sticks by the PJ vote, he's been pushing it most of the day and his argument isn't just 'kill a low poster.' I like this post and... if it's a thing... the tone of it.

Kinda runs me down a little about my clock claim and how I should be formulating how to help the village. Fair enough, it's a decent line to take. Pity I can't give any further info, but tis the hand I'm dealt.
    Again, I like the tone here.

Back to deconduo who he had a back and forth with about QB. Basically looking for a response from Deco. Mainly though it's off topic about the use of the word scum.

Ok the first part is not really game-related so I'm not going into it. Believes Lough good after the last minute claim. Open though to the possibility that it could be a wolf claim. I like it because he states his belief first, then goes into the 'but it could be....'

Once he explains that he's back to his belief that Lough was good and that there was a bandwagon.

Last part was repeated by a few others in line with the captains staying put. Wolf and village alike I feel would say the same thing so it's NAI for me.

Rest of his post is good.

States he didn't win the prize. Grand, I know he didn't win this one, but again it's really NAI as a wolf would likely lie and say this even if they had won.

A long post about the various claims of Lough - I agree re: his joke claim of a different captain. I differ on the NRV claim, Stu acknowledges it wasn't throwaway at least.

Kinda shoots down the idea that he should have revealed earlier. I'd disagree on that, I think the writing was on the wall and a village Lough should have come out at least an hour beforehand. But it's an interpretation.

Goes on about those who voted for Lough on the bandwagon, not sure there's a whole pile of point if he doesn't point out these people.

Also looking into those who defended Lough or stayed out of it - again, not knowing his alignment this is all stuff we can't do much about.

Probably not a whole pile of tangible substance in this post tbh, but I can see he's thinking and talking things out on thread and I still like it.

Last two I also like, he challenges my Countdown Clock third person stuff.

Twas just a bit of fun Stu, the game is all about fun for me :)

Again though he doesn't jump for the 'shoot the clock' or 'smash the clock' - he's reasoning and trying to understand if anything else is going on. It's more stuff I like.

Ok so overall:

There are good points on Stu, and also bad.

I like how thorough he is generally on his views, and (tonally) it reads as genuine. He has a lot of outside the box thinking on players, moving out of the noise and targeting the quieter ones.

However, I don't like how quick he was to back down over the QB thing, and his constant task discussion without giving some posts of people that look suss seems... I dunno... OTT maybe? Also the Drumpot mention without elaboration initially just seems out of character for a very thorough player.

I think I'm being a bit nit-picky tbh, but Stu has a lot in his posts so it can be read either way.

Currently my read would be light to moderately strong town though.

PHEW! I need to lie down after that.

Im not quite sure on your read, Strong town read?

Id like a full village read list from Stu and see what he commits to.

He could be an SK thats trying to be a good villager, yet careful enough not to piss off the wolves. He could be a wolf.

You seem too eager to give him a strong town lean. Id keep him at unknown, slight bad lean.

Ive been getting the sense hes trying to pocket me, maybe Im self abosorbed.

• Advertisement

Pter Pantsless has been missing today since his prize win

In fairness to Pter he did say this:
    Pter wrote: »
    Ok im loaded up on goofballs and on the road for most of the day. Do what ye will village. Ill chip in if i can.

#ffa2

I might have to take off at 2:30pm for potentially the rest of the day. My thoughts so far.

Necro - this clock stuff is a waste of time for the village
    Fixxxer - similar posts to myself dare I say. stinks of a wolf getting by doing the bare minimum
    uriel - too quiet

Hey PJ, how is it exactly wasting time, it's a clock :pac:

Puns aside, I mean do you think I'm a wolf or is it just annoying you? Would prefer if you just came out and called me a wolf rather than it being 'a waste of time.'

Also your fixxxer thing, ha - that could be construed as TMI. Are you saying you're also a wolf getting by doing the bare minimum?

Advertisement