Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    Ok I'm home now and have kind of caught up. But not really tbh. Speed reading and heavy cold aren't great combos.

I agree with what was said in Necros FFA except that he didn't put himself in there, but I won't hold that against him.

Sully still best target however. Then necro. Then the others necro FFAd.

I will fully admit this is my least considered FFA.

So you want the people I FFAed to die after me :confused:

Meh, I'll take a bullet/lynch if it means clearing up this mess so people can actually maybe take my reads seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote:
    So you want the people I FFAed to die after me

Option 1) bussing
    Option 2) you are sk

That you give good reads doesn't confirm anything.

Option 1) bussing
    Option 2) you are sk

Option 3 (which for some reason you refuse to countenance): I'm a villager?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

BJS #FFA2

Fixxer - Weird first post (IMO), Possible lazy villager or wolf. Parroted me on LoughCs wolfy posts comment, the flip flopping from Loughc to Sully or Rikand doenst sit well with me. Why vote Lough and want those two peaked.... If Fixxxer is a wolf, could Lough, Rikand or Sully a wolf. Most likely the last 2 since he voted for Lough. Wont commit to reasons why Sully or Rikand deserve to be peeked. Thinks sully is not a wolf based off nothing. Smells wolf

Quickbeam - The denouncing of fluff on day one was struck me as a "look at me, Im a villager and I mean business....honest" post, esp when she did post a good bit of fluff herself afterwards. A few filler posts, clarifying things........could be just eager to post or a wolf wanting to appear helpful. I mentioned her rationle for her FFAs and read is usually a better stndard IMO, so Im suss that her reads arent better. Seemed more active when the heat was on yesterday. i think shes a better player than this. So She makes my FFA

Stu Redman - Hes usually better at detailing his suspects, while his posts are long and detailed he hasnt really commited to accussing many yet, nor has he really gone into the same detail with anyone he has lightly suspected. Potential SK. I think hes a better player than hes letting on.

Barney and Lord are both on my Suss list too, but not so much as to hit my FFA top 3. Fixxxer is my vote unless something happens

Necro wrote:
    Option 3 (which for some reason you refuse to countenance): I'm a villager?

I'll happily countenance that when I see something to prove it.

• Advertisement

Anyways, I've only got 6 FFAs collected so far:

sully, Stu Redman, PJ, duffers, myself and Flushy.

If I missed any give me honk:

img_0852v.jpg

Option 1) bussing
    Option 2) you are sk

I think Necro wouldnt pull this Clock stuff if he was an SK..... too brash a move for him.

HONK (for my missed FFA)

I'll happily countenance that when I see something to prove it.

I mean, there's nothing that proves any of us aside from the priest so I don't quite get why I'm held to some golden standard :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

sullivlo wrote: »

Drumpot also puzzles me - why make my post bold? Task?

Ha, I was actually having a laugh with that post...

I saw you post and it is literally the only post I tried to spell out” I am a wolf”. It was just a coincidence that it fit. If it’s a task and I actually caught you , it’s an inspector clouseau discovery...

I don’t get some of your posts. They are so clearly neutral (I highlighted the ones using male Gifs by accident- my apologies on that) and grossly fluffy. I can think of two reasons why you might want to get post count up and blend in but not sure which one it is TBH.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    I mean, there's nothing that proves any of us aside from the priest so I don't quite get why I'm held to some golden standard :mad:

For those who missed Pter v Necro, your prayers have been answered.

Not me though

On Flushy's FFA, she has Rikand/Drumpot as her first inclusion along with QB and Sully.

Not quite sure how I collate that info.

beakerjoe wrote:
    I think Necro wouldnt pull this Clock stuff if he was an SK..... too brash a move for him.

Nah he is capable and due.
    beakerjoe wrote:
    HONK (for my missed FFA)

Honk also. Sully and necro. That was mine.

Ok... Stu Redman - deep dive. Here we go. First thoughts before reading are that Stu has a decent number of posts, more than I thought. Stu's style is to bunch everything into longer posts, and I quite like it. He doesn't over explain things or leave gaps. Another thing I'll note before going through the posts is that overall I find he's genuinely game solving, looking at all the options and I think it's a very good look.

And here we go....

Ok so overall:

There are good points on Stu, and also bad.

I like how thorough he is generally on his views, and (tonally) it reads as genuine. He has a lot of outside the box thinking on players, moving out of the noise and targeting the quieter ones.

However, I don't like how quick he was to back down over the QB thing, and his constant task discussion without giving some posts of people that look suss seems... I dunno... OTT maybe? Also the Drumpot mention without elaboration initially just seems out of character for a very thorough player.

I think I'm being a bit nit-picky tbh, but Stu has a lot in his posts so it can be read either way.

Currently my read would be light to moderately strong town though.

PHEW! I need to lie down after that.

:D

Honestly, fair fúcks to ya!

On QB, check out the post I made which you wouldn't have seen because you were writing the Stu Memoirs :pac:
    I'll admit, after gaining some reassurance when she reappeared yesterday evening, I'm once again worried about QB. I feel she's hiding something. If it was an RV status she was hiding, I believe that she would at least help the village a little more in the meantime than she is now. A fair amount of her posts have been defensive rather than helpful. Then, that OT chat just before lynch last night, not a good look as I said at the time. Now another day where QB is unfortunately missing from the village deliberations for the most part. I'm once again concerned.

Elsewhere...Just because I am suspicious of Sully, that wouldn't rule me out of being suspicious of Rikand. Right, they're very likely not on same team, but Rikand's level of contribution so far isn't far off the likes of Sully's and PJ's. Sully, PJ, Rikand and QB are names which will feature on my FFA today.

#FFA2

1. PJ
    2. QB
    3. Sully/Rikand
    If QB and I are in wolf cahoots, I'm playing it risky by calling her out when no one else seemed to be talking about her. I know you missed this post though as you would have been still writing when I posted the above.

I could speculate about gameshow titles and flavour references/gifs as tasks, but finding hidden codes in posts is just not my bag. This is what QB was suggesting, fair play for her suggestion, but just not something for me to follow through on.

Drumpot: I've done what I can so far. I can be thorough on the things I get decent time to look into. I'd like to able to dive into and dissect everything, tasks, each and every player, but that's not possible. Especially not so early in the game. So as you got around to seeing in my posts eventually, I did have an eye on Drumpot, just not a keen enough one yet.

Tasks: Just because I don't know how to find the tasks if they weren't gifs or quotes, it doesn't stop me from feeling they were at play and doing what I can to draw attention to that. I've looked back at the first 8 hours of posts, a couple of times now, but unfortunately it would take a more code-finding mind than mine to suss it out. And that's if the tasks were on thread which I'm in the minority in thinking.

Thanks for the read of semi-approval Necro, tbh though I haven't done enough work for the village so far. I'm still only getting going really, and there are some players who I still outright have no read on, never mind Drumpot.

Taken from the above list. Is this all of us who are left?

Necro - clock?
    Fixxxer
    Beakerjoe
    Jack Moore
    Quickbeam
    Rikand
    Barney92
    Pter
    Lord TSC
    Sully - wolf/sk?
    Deconduo
    Uriel - under radar
    PJ
    MrsFlushdraw
    Duffman13
    Stu Redman
    Drumpot

#FFA

Uriel and ( Drumpot) are two I would like to look at. Uriel seems to be skating enough below the radar, too much for my liking.

QB I am not sure on. I wasn't sure if there was tasks to know if what she did was one. I think the whole BJ pretending to do a task might have just put light on her, but defo needs to be watched

Sully - Think she is either a wolf or a SK.
    Other thoughts

Necro, despite saying he is a clock, I don't think there is anything sinister with him, just think he is a messer

Deconduo - New player to us, but seems to know his way around. Not too sure what to make of him, have a village lean on him from the way he talks, but need more from him to make mind up

Fixxxer - Not a clue

BJ - Not sure a wolf would pull a stunt like he did, but if he is one, he deserves to win as that was a bold move.

Pter/Lordy - Both in the same camp for me. Poss wolves/sk.

Jack - Seems too regimental to be wolf/ SK. comes in with guns out trying to sort the rabble.

PJ - Not sure

Barney is another curiosity, not sure which way he going,

but sometimes I don't want to say too much in case I have spotted someone who is in fact a villager role. Not that I am great at catching people, but knowing my luck, if we had a seer, I would out by mistake.

That is just me sticking random stuff down. Prob voting for Sully tonight.

Apologies, Uriel and Drumpot.

Want to quote it again as when people talk about inoffensive this is the mother of all inoffensive readslists.

Necro wrote:
    I mean, there's nothing that proves any of us aside from the priest so I don't quite get why I'm held to some golden standard

Nah that's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'll admit, after gaining some reassurance when she reappeared yesterday evening, I'm once again worried about QB. I feel she's hiding something. If it was an RV status she was hiding, I believe that she would at least help the village a little more in the meantime than she is now. A fair amount of her posts have been defensive rather than helpful. Then, that OT chat just before lynch last night, not a good look as I said at the time. Now another day where QB is unfortunately missing from the village deliberations for the most part. I'm once again concerned.

Elsewhere...Just because I am suspicious of Sully, that wouldn't rule me out of being suspicious of Rikand. Right, they're very likely not on same team, but Rikand's level of contribution so far isn't far off the likes of Sully's and PJ's. Sully, PJ, Rikand and QB are names which will feature on my FFA today.

#FFA2

1. PJ
    2. QB
    3. Sully/Rikand

Elephants in the room from yesterday...

The Clock: I'm happy that Necro is a village resource which will come in useful at some point. Wolves didn't munch him this morning because they think he will cause confusion in the village and/or they don't fear his power. If Necro is lying, well quite simply he will never be trusted in Boards WW again :mad:

Beaker: As I said yesterday, I didn't get his game if he was village. Still though, I was anxious to see how it played out. I challenged his claim and was not one bit surprised to see him reveal as a hoax eventually. No, I don't think it was the most necessary play for us on d1, but I don't think it was worthless or the work of a wolf. Today though, it seems like Beaker is cutting out that BS and is knuckling down to try and help the village in more conventional ways.

I dislike lines like this one. It's complimentary and potentially part of an attempt to pocket and I wonder if it is said in the knowledge that Necro isn't a fellow wolf.

Want to quote it again as when people talk about inoffensive this is the mother of all inoffensive readslists.

I may not be looking into everyones posts in the same detail, but Flushys arse must be sore from all those spilniters from sitting on the fence.

I might bump her onto my FFA.

Can I have a four person FFA?

Nah that's not true.

Vig can prove themselves..... Hi Duffs

A successful protect can prove people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Drumpot wrote: »
    Ha, I was actually having a laugh with that post...

I saw you post and it is literally the only post I tried to spell out” I am a wolf”. It was just a coincidence that it fit. If it’s a task and I actually caught you , it’s an inspector clouseau discovery...

I don’t get some of your posts. They are so clearly neutral (I highlighted the ones using male Gifs by accident- my apologies on that) and grossly fluffy. I can think of two reasons why you might want to get post count up and blend in but not sure which one it is TBH.
    As Trit said - damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Got called out for not posting, so I posted. I didn’t have much of a read on any of the players so I just tried to post what I could. The result being - neutral posts. I was trying to defend myself, but nobody had anything to say to me as to why I was on their FFA!

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    As Trit said - damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Got called out for not posting, so I posted. I didn’t have much of a read on any of the players so I just tried to post what I could. The result being - neutral posts. I was trying to defend myself, but nobody had anything to say to me as to why I was on their FFA!

Any read on Fixxxer, Stu or Flush?

Give me some reads

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I may not be looking into everyones posts in the same detail, but Flushys arse must be sore from all those spilniters from sitting on the fence.

I mean, I guess but the weighting then makes my eyes sore.

I mean, I guess but the weighting then makes my eyes sore.

Thanks Clockface

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Any read on Fixxxer, Stu or Flush?

Give me some reads
    Nothing major on fixxxr. Seems fairly innocuous.

Flush seems to be a bit inconsistent in her posts - flip flopping a bit.

Stu - gut says good.

My case against you is there to see since yesterday.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this series of events...

- You didn't suspect Beaker at first, he was the only read you made early yesterday evening and it was 'good'.
    - Beaker starts to poke at you since then.
    - Beaker suddenly is on your shít list.
    - I make some fair points about you yesterday.
    - You don't FFA me or vote for me yesterday.
    - I keep with my suspicions today.
    - Now I'm on the shítlist.

Is that about right?

Beaker was never on my **** list.

This is irrelevant to how vapid your reasoning for your ffa is. You've loosely outlined how I got on it, what about the other two? You are talking **** for the sake it. You are trying to appear useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Anyways, I've only got 6 FFAs collected so far:

sully, Stu Redman, PJ, duffers, myself and Flushy.

If I missed any give me honk:

img_0852v.jpg

I did one

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I did one

Wanted to ask you about that.

Is yours Pter, sully, Lord?

That's the impression I got but wanted confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Imagine I’m a plain NRV..

Now look at these vague mentions of me, with little to no real explanation. I’ve tried to respond to anybody throwing shade on me but nobody actually wants to engage me on any capacity....

10Yb.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Jack Moore wrote: »
    Lordy is carrying the certainty of a wolf
    As in he seems to know stuff

Of course he may be a rolled villager but i think he’s wolfy as feck
    Sully is a contender for serial killer

And peter is self resolving

I think we should shoot lord and lynch peter and sully

There’s my ffa

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Imagine I’m a plain NRV..

Now look at these vague mentions of me, with little to no real explanation. I’ve tried to respond to anybody throwing shade on me but nobody actually wants to engage me on any capacity....

10Yb.gif

I pointed that out already re: Stu. And Flushy's list is like the Switzerland of lists.

Advertisement