Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

deconduo wrote: »
    Also what is FFA seeing as they seem to be a topic of conversation as well.

Stands for "free for all" and as Necro explained. Nothing to worry about until tomorrow after munch when we start deciding about who to lynch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Virtanen wrote: »
    Free For All

Basically people nominate three names who, in their opinions, are the three most likely wolves up to that point, and explain why

In theory, we then count the names and then out of the three most-voted for, we discuss which one to lynch. That step is often overlooked, however

And give them a chance to defend themselves too. That's overlooked usually too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote: »
    And give them a chance to defend themselves too. That's overlooked usually too!

Heh, usually the day goes:

'FFAs people'

'I don't want to do them'

'Well then what do you want to do'

'Something new'

Roundabout arguments and day gets wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

LOVE the game mods. Glad it is about shows I actually know for a change!

Need to re-read the rules as it looked less complicated when I read it as to what has been posted on thread. So I can understand Necros idea properly.

Should be able to keep up this game, since I am still jobless and will be till the end of the year so I can fully commit to helping mod :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Cool, thanks for the explanations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Duo, how have lynch targets been picked in other games you have played?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

In terms of splitting everybody into 3 groups I’ve a few concerns:

- one group could have multiple captains
    - one group could have more wolves who might know who is peeking them or at least know which captain was viewing them. It’s not clear what sort of notification there is if you are chosen
    - I feel it could help the wolves strategise , although I also thought that about my plan. By weds/thurs wolves could use my plan to role revealif they know a captain is dead.
    - statistical chance of three captains overlapping while the group is large, is quite small. 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 (I think) . Might be better later on in the game.
    - we don’t know who is good/bad so perhaps we should change the list daily to prevent them sticking us to a long term list that somehow protects them? I’m not sure this is a good idea, just throwing out some suggestions

Good evening folks.

Nice OP, even if there is a severe lack of 'Going for Gold' or '15 to 1'. Me nana wouldn't like this game at all.

Drumpot already making it rain gifs that no one's ever seen before :pac:

The splitting into groups thing is stupid and whoever thought of it is having a laugh.

Whoever supports it is an idiot or in cahoots.

There, I said what we are all thinking. :pac:

I wonder if we had gotten 3 more players if the 'lyrics board' would have gotten a mention.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    The splitting into groups thing is stupid and whoever thought of it is having a laugh.

Whoever supports it is an idiot or in cahoots.

There, I said what we are all thinking. :pac:

It's all well and good to shoot down an idea but usually that's accompanied by something in it's place?

I don't see why it's stupid either, would you like to elaborate?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Duo, how have lynch targets been picked in other games you have played?

Its been a good few years since I played, but it was mostly just strong townies leading the votes. Voting was all public and in-thread as well, so you'd get a lot of information before the lynch actually happened. As far as I can tell here, we only find out the votes after the lynch is that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Drumpot wrote: »
    - statistical chance of three captains overlapping while the group is large, is quite small. 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 (I think) .

I wrote a post addressing this earlier, then discarded the whole thing because it was illegible gibberish :pac:

My math says 84.5% that they pick three different people, almost 14.5% that two of them pick the same one, and 0.0125% that all three pick the same

In terms of splitting everybody into 3 groups I’ve a few concerns:

- one group could have multiple captains
    - one group could have more wolves who might know who is peeking them or at least know which captain was viewing them. It’s not clear what sort of notification there is if you are chosen
    - I feel it could help the wolves strategise , although I also thought that about my plan. By weds/thurs wolves could use my plan to role revealif they know a captain is dead.
    - statistical chance of three captains overlapping while the group is large, is quite small. 1/20 x 1/20 x 1/20 (I think) . Might be better later on in the game.
    - we don’t know who is good/bad so perhaps we should change the list daily to prevent them sticking us to a long term list that somehow protects them? I’m not sure this is a good idea, just throwing out some suggestions

1. Possibly, but naming one player guarantees the wolves won't target them
    2. Groups can be alternated
    3. Wolves are gonna strategise anyways, best to not tell them who we're asking the captains to protect
    4. Stats mean nothing, it's about maximising the possibilities of getting a protect
    4. See 2.

85.5%. Close

deconduo wrote: »
    Its been a good few years since I played, but it was mostly just strong townies leading the votes. Voting was all public and in-thread as well, so you'd get a lot of information before the lynch actually happened. As far as I can tell here, we only find out the votes after the lynch is that right?

Yeah lynch votes revealed after the lynch.

Anyways, it's probably more relevant if it was a straight protect. In this case it's not so probably the best option is for the captains to make their own calls tbh.

Necro wrote:
    Anyways, it's probably more relevant if it was a straight protect. In this case it's not so probably the best option is for the captains to make their own calls tbh.

Go away out of that asking me why it's silly and then dismissing it yourself.

You know why it's stupid.

Necro has something to hide and is looking to stand up for himself without picking a fight.

Go away out of that asking me why it's silly and then dismissing it yourself.

You know why it's stupid.

Necro has something to hide and is looking to stand up for himself without picking a fight.

I've nothing to hide at all, you can be as aggressive as you like about it after your mysterious absence all day, I made a suggestion is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Oh-My-Sweet-Jesus-Dodgeball-Reaction-With-Kevin-Bacon.gif

I see it too

• Advertisement

Necro wrote:
    I've nothing to hide at all, you can be as aggressive as you like about it after your mysterious absence all day, I made a suggestion is all.

Mysterious absence? On d0?

Right.

Mysterious absence? On d0?

Right.

Yup. Mysterious indeed. How's your backroom?

I ain't got no backroom this game pal. But I think you do.

I ain't got no backroom this game pal. But I think you do.

Interesting that you'd go straight for me. Think away, I got nuthin.

Virtanen wrote: »
    I wrote a post addressing this earlier, then discarded the whole thing because it was illegible gibberish :pac:

My math says 84.5% that they pick three different people, almost 14.5% that two of them pick the same one, and 0.0125% that all three pick the same

Correction, all three picking the same is 20/20 x 1/20 x 1/20, so 0.25%, and doubling is 14.25%, and three different names is 85.5%. Still marginal, but just to get the numbers right. Unless I've miscalculated again, which is very possible

It's not interesting. It's logical. In with the usual dose of zaney schemes.

Splitting the village into 3 is actually the ONLY certified way to ensure that no protections might happen.

Like the odds are against protections anyway iirc, but if you split people into groups, you could have all the wrong team members in the wrong groups and thus no chance or a captain picking the right people.

It's not interesting. It's logical. In with the usual dose of zaney schemes.

Splitting the village into 3 is actually the ONLY certified way to ensure that no protections might happen.

Like the odds are against protections anyway iirc, but if you split people into groups, you could have all the wrong team members in the wrong groups and thus no chance or a captain picking the right people.

Statistics in solitude are pointless. It's a strategy. As far as I'm aware, and according to the OP nobody knows what team they are a part of (apart from the wolves).

So yeah, you could theoretically be doing that. You could also be putting players in correctly, there's literally no way of knowing either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

A bit of trouble on day 0, I like it! One kill in the morning, decided how? Seems to be a lot of mentions of different game shows by a few different people.

duffman13 wrote: »
    A bit of trouble on day 0, I like it! One kill in the morning, decided how? Seems to be a lot of mentions of different game shows by a few different people.

I asked that earlier and no one seemed interested :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necro wrote: »
    I asked that earlier and no one seemed interested :(

Oh poor Necro, you ok hun? :) How do you think it's decided?

Advertisement