Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    When you planning on shooting

Ive no problem with Uriel

Id go with Fixxer and PJ Flush too, Quickbeam im leaning off.

Before 10am anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jack Moore wrote: »
    There’s a lot more insight there than I wondering if you are the beast

Elabarote, I assure you Im not the beast. Any insight is based off the OP.

But im leading the FFA. Better me than a roled villy

That’s notvenough peol voting tho

I know, so likely will be left to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Elabarote, I assure you Im not the beast. Any insight is based off the OP.

But im leading the FFA. Better me than a roled villy

Do you really think that lough was who he said he was
    It seems incredible to me that he would post his role at that late stage

Maybe I’m missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro - Might be naive but I can't place you as a wolf, being so front and centre the whole time. It would be too easy for the village to turn on you and be lynches. General play is enquiring, helpful. Also a clock which I find a great concept.

Beakerjoe - Chaotic, but good or evil had strong village feeling until my words were blatantly misrepresented. Wondering if you thought you could start a bandwagon on me and my not being on much would leave it unchallenged. Probably going to vote for you later unless things change. Also, thinking of tasks. >> You also had posts where you pretended to be a gameshow host... BK and Barney doing tasks together to win their kill?

Duffman - Not posting a lot. Makes me think might be a hiding wolf. Could be a villager too I guess 50/50

Rikand - The early poking at Sulli made me look at you. Not much there but the Sulli poking caught us an SK in my opinion. So village, or lucky wolf. Need more.

Barney92 - Bursts of activity but when in very to the point. Asking questions, prodding players. Seems like a good egg to me. >>>>> Looking back I see you had a post where you pretended to be a gameshow host, that actually looks pretty tasky now.

Pter - I had you down as a wolf bit the Directer reveal means I have to have you village. The prize claim was interesting as it could be seen as laying ground for beast cover had you been lynched, but I'm going with the Directer reveal as being genuine.

Uriel. - Needs to post more or risk being a low laying wolf.

Partyjungle - Uninterested villager going from their disregard for doing any catching up. Blatant about it so I feel it's probably genuine.

Stu Redman - I know you, haven't been on much like Uriel. More posts needed or another low laying wolf

Quickbeam - Apart from the possible tasks at the start, not involved in any great way. Depends how seriously you take the likelyhood that a stack would be something as unsubtle as naming contestants. Wolf lean.

Drumpot and MissFD - I keep getting you two mixed up because of your confused warblings. Sometimes feel like we are playing different games. Drumpot at least had that BK/Necros/Petr conspiracy theory I suppose.

Jack Moore - Seems to have a plan at least. Going village unless something changes.

• Advertisement

Typed on my phone on the way in to work. I'm suggesting shoot BK and Lynch Barney, or shoot Barney and Lynch BK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

fixxxer wrote: »
    Necro - Might be naive but I can't place you as a wolf, being so front and centre the whole time. It would be too easy for the village to turn on you and be lynches. General play is enquiring, helpful. Also a clock which I find a great concept.

Beakerjoe - Chaotic, but good or evil had strong village feeling until my words were blatantly misrepresented. Wondering if you thought you could start a bandwagon on me and my not being on much would leave it unchallenged. Probably going to vote for you later unless things change. Also, thinking of tasks. >> You also had posts where you pretended to be a gameshow host... BK and Barney doing tasks together to win their kill?

Duffman - Not posting a lot. Makes me think might be a hiding wolf. Could be a villager too I guess 50/50

Rikand - The early poking at Sulli made me look at you. Not much there but the Sulli poking caught us an SK in my opinion. So village, or lucky wolf. Need more.

Barney92 - Bursts of activity but when in very to the point. Asking questions, prodding players. Seems like a good egg to me. >>>>> Looking back I see you had a post where you pretended to be a gameshow host, that actually looks pretty tasky now.

Pter - I had you down as a wolf bit the Directer reveal means I have to have you village. The prize claim was interesting as it could be seen as laying ground for beast cover had you been lynched, but I'm going with the Directer reveal as being genuine.

Uriel. - Needs to post more or risk being a low laying wolf.

Partyjungle - Uninterested villager going from their disregard for doing any catching up. Blatant about it so I feel it's probably genuine.

Stu Redman - I know you, haven't been on much like Uriel. More posts needed or another low laying wolf

Quickbeam - Apart from the possible tasks at the start, not involved in any great way. Depends how seriously you take the likelyhood that a stack would be something as unsubtle as naming contestants. Wolf lean.

Drumpot and MissFD - I keep getting you two mixed up because of your confused warblings. Sometimes feel like we are playing different games. Drumpot at least had that BK/Necros/Petr conspiracy theory I suppose.

Jack Moore - Seems to have a plan at least. Going village unless something changes.
    What’s about lord

Do you really think that lough was who he said he was
    It seems incredible to me that he would post his role at that late stage

Maybe I’m missing something

I felt he was bad..... really did.

His reveal threw doubt in my mind. Maybe its a wolf move, but i feel a wolf would reveal sooner to save there skin.

So maybe i believe him, but nothing concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    LYNCH RESULTS:
    Sullivlo (5): Necro, Fixxxer, Pter, Quickbeam, Barney92
    Lord TSC (2): Jack Moore, Uriel
    Quickbeam (2): Duffman13, Sullivlo
    Stu Redman (2): Beakerjoe, Partyjungle
    MrsFlushdraw (1): Drumpot
    Necro (1): Lord TSC
    Partyjungle (1): Stu Redman
    Pter (1): MrsFlushdraw
    Uriel (1): Deconduo

Did not Vote: Rikand
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Monday Night Lynch Votes:
    LoughC (8) – Deconduo, Fixxxer, beakerjoe, quickbeam, Lord TSC, MrsFlushdraw, Pter, Partyjungle
    Sullivlo (3) – Tritium, Rikand, Necro
    Beakerjoe (2) – LoughC, Drumpot
    Quickbeam (2) – Bounty Hunter, Duffman13
    Fixxxer (1) – Barney92
    Necro (1) – Sullivlo
    Partyjungle (1) – Stu Redman
    Lord TSC (1) - Uriel

DID NOT VOTE – Sinbad311

Well narco based purely on voting patterns I've got to think fixxer and QB are high end levels of suspicious

I didn't catch any posts yesterday from pre munch to about 10 minutes before Lynch, so not sure if there has been any major reveals or revelations

So barney..... because its a task, aye fixxxer. Have you any decent reads?

Its a lazy excuse considering we dont know tasks exist.

Weak sauce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Necro wrote: »
    I'll let you figure that out :P
    Pter wrote: »
    She did comment on it and mods said vote results were correct.

I thought I was going mad. But why did you choose my vote to change?
    That would be BJ
    If necro swapped flushes voice onto you and shejust accepted it then she is likely inna back room

Nope, I fell asleep. I replied about my vote on my phone and couldn't last much longer to ask about it. Had planned to query with the mods this morning. I had already taken a sleeping tablet an hour before. I woke 10 minutes ago and caught up and seen what had happened.

Still find it all a bit odd though.

Typed on my phone on the way in to work. I'm suggesting shoot BK and Lynch Barney, or shoot Barney and Lynch BK.

Barney eh. Well I guess it's an interesting one at least. Doesn't really tag with your reads list though.

So barney..... because its a task, aye fixxxer. Have you any decent reads?

Its a lazy excuse considering we dont know tasks exist.

Weak sauce

One kill on the first day, two evil teams. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think there might be tasks. But as you seem to be involved in the tasks, of course you would down play it.

Barney eh. Well I guess it's an interesting one at least. Doesn't really tag with your reads list though.

It was done on my phone I don't have time to redo it. the >> indicates additions to my thoughts.

One kill on the first day, two evil teams. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to think there might be tasks. But as you seem to be involved in the tasks, of course you would down play it.

Ok hot shot, can you be sure tasks were on thread?

I thought I was going mad. But why did you choose my vote to change?

Nope, I fell asleep. I replied about my vote on my phone and couldn't last much longer to ask about it. Had planned to query with the mods this morning. I had already taken a sleeping tablet an hour before. I woke 10 minutes ago and caught up and seen what had happened.

Still find it all a bit odd though.

As I said, sh1ts and giggles mostly :D

Also wanted to see the reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lol fixxxer gonna get shot

A lot to catch up on after overnight work, never mind get around to a read list. I don't fully believe in them and had a poor experience the one time I/the village have been forced so far. I suppose it did help me to look into more players than I'd usually get to in a game, but it was still inevitably useless to me and the village. With no seer in this game we could all do with looking at more than a few players, but I can't help but feel like I'm helping wolves with such a list. I see many people are doing some version of them now. In that case, it might actually put pressure on wolves to come up with something of substance, so could prove useful in the long run. Still though…let people do this shít in their own time. Not this 'now or you're a c**t' method.

Starting with the heavy hitters...

Necro: The clock thing is appearing more bizarre the longer this goes on, and this means that Necro is a…NRV. If there's a clock/power, he should have kept that to himself, otherwise he would paint a target on his back, like a good NRV. Now…either way, RV or wolf/SK, I don't see Necro doing this. If Necro were bad, I'd see him taking advantage of or leading more wagons. Posting more aggressively if he wasn't getting his way. He is being remarkably objective in this game though. If he was RV, he wouldn't have put a target on himself. Lean - town. Have to say though, I'm inclined to agree that the clock was a joke which Necro has chosen to pull a straight face on. That only contributes to Necro NRV for me.

Pter: I was finding it hard to get a read on Pter before day 2. Then when I read he won lynch immunity, I was split - I thought it was good that someone was straight up about winning the prize, but like others felt it could be a perfect set-up for The Beast of two lives. If so, I was expecting to see a play from Pter after that and before the evening lynch, however nothing came. He went afk just like he said he would. He wasn't in danger from lynch that I can see when he claimed the prize win, so I don't know if Pter/The Beast had to set up an excuse in case he survived the lynch. No pressure to fake prize claim plus no play after it, that makes his prize claim more above board for me.

His Bradley reveal was confusing on first read, however it makes more and more sense when I think about it. I see this as clearing Pter best case, or being self-resolving at the worst.

My only question for Pter right now that I might have missed an answer to; Did the lynch immunity have a time limit to be used in?

Beaker: Ah sure, anything I write will either be 'deflection, defensiveness, pocketing, not playing like Stu can, only sussing Beaker because the heat is on'. Look, go back to where that shít and heat began, you can judge for yourselves what happened there without needing Beaker's misrepresentations to help you. Search for post #1500, around 5pm D2, and read mine and Beaker's interactions. If I link it, the link could be screwy depending on your page settings.

I asked him lots of valid questions, but I was just labelled as defensive in response. Sure when one levels baseless and sudden accusations at you, how else do you reply? It's not like I was effing and blinding back at him. I wasn't able to deep dive or do a read list as I was on the road and on mobile, but I could reply to posts in game. Of which there were a sudden shít ton from Beaker calling for my lynching.

It honestly looked like an attempt at whatever the slightly slower version of a CFD is, on someone who has the village's best interests at heart. When I came back a while ago after work, I actually expected to see Beaker reveal post-lynch that it was a ruse - that he only did it to see who would jump on the wagon. I haven't seen that unfortunately.

He really has my head screwed, and I'll need time to consider if it is renegade NRV behavior or wolf. I got this meta thing of 'No way he's bad again in this game as well', but the math don't work that way unfortunately.

Drumpot: Drumpot is complaining through words and the medium of gif that no one is interacting with him. Look, no offense, but there might be a slight reason. Even as a mod in the September game (even more so once I could see 'everything' and the backrooms) I was just jaw-dropped at his tunnel to China. That game would have been over long before Day 600 only for him :pac: Here's the thing - Drumpot is a great player, and it's that dedication to details which makes him so, but in the early stages of this game I'm sort of being lazy and relying on someone else to get the information from him. There you go, I'm not being a great villager there with my attitude on how to look into Drumpot.

However…My only worry with him was to do with D0 and was not a dead cert - I reckon there could have been on-thread tasks and there would be someone who got in early and plentiful with posts on D0, then left for the evening safe in the knowledge that they won. Looking at Drumpot's posts, there's nothing which jumps out specifically like a gif or quote or obviously tasky. However, the task could have been something like 'First player to X posts in game wins for their team'. Because of that, Drumpot was raising a bit of an eyebrow in that regard. Since then, I have a slight town lean on him. He has expanded his work on D2. That could be a wolf looking to place himself well within the village, but I don't think that's his style.

Uriel: Is Uriel one of the players who is in a completely different timezone? Like BH? Something in my head telling me that is the case. Because of this, Uriel's lack of posting or unusual posting times have been no major concern to me. However, in the vein of PJ, Rikand, Fixxxer, he could still be a low-lying wolf. More than any of that though, he comes in at particular times with one liners which attempt to make a definitive statement/direction about players, too definitive i.e. Lynch X, Shoot Y, Peek Z. Now, maybe he is just making the most of limited time he has available to play, but I have a slight wolf lean on Uriel. Would like to see more reasoning to some of these extreme calls to action when they happen.

Lordy: A bit worried now that I look into him more. He's listing names without much reasoning and/or summing up other peoples' work. I don't judge him on his late start to the game, I take his explanation, but still I feel like he is playing very carefully in the catch-up. I'm getting more SK vibes from that rather than wolf as it seems the SK has very little room for error and must tread carefully. Also, I reckon the SK needs to try to sway some bullets, and that's exactly what it seemed Lordy was doing in here a few hours ago. His response to being the prime target for Necro's bullet was a bit too 'Ah, sure if you must', a bit too agreeable. Then, he looked to pat himself on the back just for being around in the thread.

In the afternoon of D1, I thought I spotted the likes of Lordy and one other come in and post a fair bit, but then drop out until lynch time. I was wrong about the other player, but still feel Lord came in and dropped a load of words having no posts made yet, and then disappeared until near lynch once he saw that was enough to keep the thread happy and off him for the day.

In fairness to Lord, he was one of the few who seemed to talk about D2 munches and their possible reasons. However, it gave me the slight impression that he was trying to plant a series of events in the reader's mind. A 'Hey, no one's talking about that shít I/we pulled this morning, so I'll explain it to them' sort of move. I have a slight wolf lean on Lordy, but not enough of a one right now and need to see more original thought from him.

Quickbeam: I believe there were tasks on the first day, and her post came across as the taskiest to me. Like I said a couple days ago, I didn't know the Chasers members myself, but that didn't make me list them all out on thread once I did look them up. However, QB tried to help me when I raised the point of on-thread tasks. She reckoned though that they would be more complex. Villager point: Trying to help find tasks. Possible wolf move: Suggesting the tasks are more complex than something like gifs, quotes, or the likes of that Chasers post.

She hasn't been around as much as I'd expect a village QB to be. I know she'll be dedicated to busy college work, but I thought if she signed up for the game during college she she'd have time to play. But hey, I signed up knowing that I would have work which would drag me away during game week. I suppose her absences aren't too unlike my own at times.

I may as well admit it, I'm flipping with QB, from good to bad, rinse, repeat. I will say that I don't don't think she is NRV. That's why I'm torn and feel there is an RV or wolf there. If it's RV, that's why I think these obligatory read lists are a useful tool for the wolves - We really shouldn't all be pointing out who we think is RV.

Duffman: Alright, apparently some attentive players either missed what appeared to be clear hints and a medium reveal from him. Oh, fúck it, may as well say because I think Andrea Boccelli even copped it despite a few posters missing it: Apart from starting with 'Dear village, it is I your vig…', Duffman has claimed vig overnight.

Vig has to use or lose bullets by 9pm Wednesday night. He wouldn't have come out knowing that he'd likely be targeted for munch in the morning, so I expect Duffman is shining his gun for pre-munch use.

So far his play and participation does come across as RV. Not lying totally low, not playing loud or high, not drawing any heat. Sure, that describes how an ideal wolf should play, but they don't even almost always do that in reality. I think Duffman will be self-resolving, and it will be like something from a Tarantino movie when it happens. If he is vig, he'll either shoot before munch, not shoot and/or be munched, or if he doesn't shoot and isn't munched, he will draw the suspicions of the village. If not vig, he is NRV trying to do the village or actual vig a service.

Also, Duffman was the only one to agree with me post lynch D1 that we shouldn't outright assume Lough is a wolf killed. Someone else might call that pocketing, but I'd call that an open mind, an against the grain opinion which isn't easy to post in a very nervy game like this. I've a good lean on Duffman.

Barney: Barney was the other who, with Lordy, I was concerned on D1 disappeared for evening once they saw their names were not under fire or being mentioned for lynch. However, looking closer at Barney's post frequency shows that wasn't actually the case. Also, he doesn't seem to be forming wagons or be willing to easily jump on them. Like Necro, Barney is applying a good degree of objectivity here while remaining skeptical when necessary.

As others have mentioned though, Barney is great at appearing village no matter what his actual allegiance. That alone isn't enough to give me a presumption though, so slight town lean on Barney from his work so far now that I've ruled out my disappearing act suspicion on him.

Rikand: I'm starting to grow suspicious of Rikand and said this yesterday - Yes I believed Sully to be wolfy also, but it didn't automatically clear them both from being bad in my book. Going all in on Sully over a fluffy post, Rikand was so sure about her despite loads of others making early fluffy posts…but then some clock error prevents Rikand from registering his vote last minute on D2?

If so sure on Sully, that vote should have went in much sooner than to be in danger of a last minute technical issue. It's not that I don't believe the tech issue, it;s that I do. Why did you leave your vote so late when it's been Sully all along for you? It suggests you weren't actually so confident, and leaving the vote as late as possible to see where thread opinion and FFAs were swaying.

Rikand said he/she was afk, and their absence was playing on my suspicions until that. Slight wolf lean now, but I'm looking forward to reading more when he/she posts more on D3 like they said should they should be able to.

Jack Moore: Right, meta again…No way poor Sinbad could be drawn to a wolf team for his first two games on Boards. I know that's not the way the actual maths work, but it would be some poor luck in terms of an easy introduction for him. Also, I thought his lack of activity signaled disinterested NRV. That as a bad team or RV he would have found the interest to participate. Anyway, I don't know Sinbad's personal circumstances and wish him the best, so…

Jack Moore to me is looking to come in and ask questions which haven't been asked yet. However, in his flurry of questions upon introduction, did he somehow miss the fact that Beaker's Barrymore reveal was a hoax? Jack initially implied that he had read a lot and knew where he was going with his thinking, but then seemed to miss something so big as the 'Gotcha' post from Beaker and subsequent discussion of it.

Anyway, as a former sub I can appreciate that details fall through the cracks while trying to catch up, possibly way through the cracks in my own case, so I have a slight village lean on JM for now. Not sure a wolf would be so posty/loud/decisive coming into the game and catching up. To give a comparison, Jack Moore is not acting overly careful as someone playing catch-up, where I feel that Lordy is.

Partyjungle: Ok, I see I was the lone vote for PJ. I will have to work better with my case, or PJ will have to work better at showing me he is village. No, don't reveal if there is one, just post more theories or thoughts. You have FFAed people for behavior which you said was similar to your own. Even if I'm wrong, do you honestly think I'm way off for thinking that you could be the low lying, skirting-by, wolf? Debate it with me by all means, but by evening of D2 you were just throwing shít at me and then voting for me in the lynch. That alone is not helping to convince me that you aren't a wolf.

I thought at least someone else would see what I think I have, but on two nights now it hasn't happened in the votes. On that, Necro said there's no such thing as a wasted vote, but looking at those voting results for two nights, it really feels like I'm wasting my vote here.

Fixxxer: Completely off my radar, but could easily be in the same bracket of low contributors who might have a hairy hider among them, along with Rikand, PJ and Uriel. Show me a game where there isn't at least one pair of hairy hands down in the low posters or barely-talkers, and I'll show you a…well I'll be very surprised. I'll buy you a pint.

Mrs Flushdraw: Meta again. Because Mrs F is the wolfiest player in our happy Boards bunch I am applying a higher standard when it comes to judging if she is actually a wolf. Have seen people swear she was a wolf before, only for her to turn up NRV. Now, that does not mean she ain't a wolf in this game, just that I might have a bit of a blindspot when it comes to Mrs. F. I've deliberately sort of put a few players on the long-finger in this game. Lough who I already listed my reasons for, Drummer listed above, and Flushy. All great players btw, the problem is me :pac: Along with Fixxxer though, Flushy is probably the player I have the leastest (it's a word dammit!) read on.

Deconduo: New player who didn't drag out or overplay his/her new status IMO. Looking to get stuck in and not play dumb or ignorant. I wondered why they asked me about two things on D1 and never got back to my replies until prompted. The way they asked, it was not like it was a wolf looking to throw my name into a shít mixer. More someone working away, looking to make inquiries and fill out the blanks in their notes which they might have missed and maybe someone to collaborate with. They seem willing to ask questions of many players, I think our new player could be village.

Also, I've been of the belief that PJ is wolf, and Deconduo seemed to believe that too to an extent. That could put them on separate bad team to PJ, but I'm getting a village lean from Decon.

FFA for a bullet...

Hmm, now this is where it is harder than a normal FFA. With normal FFAs, that's for data collection and discussion. For referencing back to as the game goes on and trying to spot patterns. This bullet FFA will likely have very real implications.

If choices 2 and 3 are going to count towards a player's actual tally like they do in normal FFAs, I have to be more careful here. I'm going to have to treat this like I'm a vig, that my decision could see a player removed from the game. In that case, my only choice right now would be PJ. He's the only one I feel fairly sure is a wolf. Beaker came after me hard and tbh, totally alone, but I'll need to see if there was a bigger plan afoot before that completely raises my wolf suspicions.

Right, a 500km roundtrip for work has left me shattered for sleep. I would like to remain conscious to see the morning drama of which it's pointing towards there being some, but I'll probably doze in the meantime. I'll answer questions from anyone on my reads, but I'm not up for mere spin or 'deflection, distraction, pocket' one liners and accusations, thanks.

As I said, sh1ts and giggles mostly :D

Also wanted to see the reaction.

Geez, you had me doubting my sanity! when you take strong pain meds and sleeping tablets, you aren't on your "A "game. I thought I was losing it. And it was a horrible feeling :D I am actually so glad to hear it wasn't me

My FFA, fwiw:

Lord - I think his reads are way to static and not much explanation. Also there was a bit of thank-a-thon going on last night, would be wary.

Flush - her reads list is Switzerland. Epitome of fence sitting.

fixxxer - again, reads. I know they were typed on phone but he's got others as low lying wolves yet wants Barney/Beaker shot based on the fact there MIGHT be tasks.

• Advertisement

Ok hot shot, can you be sure tasks were on thread?

Of course I cant be sure. I'm going on bits of evidence and putting it together.

Thread has no line saying no tasks. Other threads have.

Two evil teams but only one kill. Why? Likely with the gameshow theme, there was some sort of competition for the first kill.

Whats the best way to make two teams compete for a kill? Do it in thread so it lays breadcrumbs for us to find. Risk vs Reward.

So no, I can't be sure. But I think putting the pieces together it's very likely and you and Barney look like you're involved to me.

My FFA, fwiw:

Lord - I think his reads are way to static and not much explanation. Also there was a bit of thank-a-thon going on last night, would be wary.

Flush - her reads list is Switzerland. Epitome of fence sitting.

fixxxer - again, reads. I know they were typed on phone but he's got others as low lying wolves yet wants Barney/Beaker shot based on the fact there MIGHT be tasks.

Yes and you are right and I think I explained it pretty damn well. I am just not good in these situations (yes playing WW lol)

A lot to catch up on after overnight work, never mind get around to a read list. I don't fully believe in them and had a poor experience the one time I/the village have been forced so far. I suppose it did help me to look into more players than I'd usually get to in a game, but it was still inevitably useless to me and the village. With no seer in this game we could all do with looking at more than a few players, but I can't help but feel like I'm helping wolves with such a list. I see many people are doing some version of them now. In that case, it might actually put pressure on wolves to come up with something of substance, so could prove useful in the long run. Still though…let people do this shít in their own time. Not this 'now or you're a c**t' method.

Starting with the heavy hitters...

Necro: The clock thing is appearing more bizarre the longer this goes on, and this means that Necro is a…NRV. If there's a clock/power, he should have kept that to himself, otherwise he would paint a target on his back, like a good NRV. Now…either way, RV or wolf/SK, I don't see Necro doing this. If Necro were bad, I'd see him taking advantage of or leading more wagons. Posting more aggressively if he wasn't getting his way. He is being remarkably objective in this game though. If he was RV, he wouldn't have put a target on himself. Lean - town. Have to say though, I'm inclined to agree that the clock was a joke which Necro has chosen to pull a straight face on. That only contributes to Necro NRV for me.

Pter: I was finding it hard to get a read on Pter before day 2. Then when I read he won lynch immunity, I was split - I thought it was good that someone was straight up about winning the prize, but like others felt it could be a perfect set-up for The Beast of two lives. If so, I was expecting to see a play from Pter after that and before the evening lynch, however nothing came. He went afk just like he said he would. He wasn't in danger from lynch that I can see when he claimed the prize win, so I don't know if Pter/The Beast had to set up an excuse in case he survived the lynch. No pressure to fake prize claim plus no play after it, that makes his prize claim more above board for me.

His Bradley reveal was confusing on first read, however it makes more and more sense when I think about it. I see this as clearing Pter best case, or being self-resolving at the worst.

My only question for Pter right now that I might have missed an answer to; Did the lynch immunity have a time limit to be used in?

Beaker: Ah sure, anything I write will either be 'deflection, defensiveness, pocketing, not playing like Stu can, only sussing Beaker because the heat is on'. Look, go back to where that shít and heat began, you can judge for yourselves what happened there without needing Beaker's misrepresentations to help you. Search for post #1500, around 5pm D2, and read mine and Beaker's interactions. If I link it, the link could be screwy depending on your page settings.

I asked him lots of valid questions, but I was just labelled as defensive in response. Sure when one levels baseless and sudden accusations at you, how else do you reply? It's not like I was effing and blinding back at him. I wasn't able to deep dive or do a read list as I was on the road and on mobile, but I could reply to posts in game. Of which there were a sudden shít ton from Beaker calling for my lynching.

It honestly looked like an attempt at whatever the slightly slower version of a CFD is, on someone who has the village's best interests at heart. When I came back a while ago after work, I actually expected to see Beaker reveal post-lynch that it was a ruse - that he only did it to see who would jump on the wagon. I haven't seen that unfortunately.

He really has my head screwed, and I'll need time to consider if it is renegade NRV behavior or wolf. I got this meta thing of 'No way he's bad again in this game as well', but the math don't work that way unfortunately.

Drumpot: Drumpot is complaining through words and the medium of gif that no one is interacting with him. Look, no offense, but there might be a slight reason. Even as a mod in the September game (even more so once I could see 'everything' and the backrooms) I was just jaw-dropped at his tunnel to China. That game would have been over long before Day 600 only for him :pac: Here's the thing - Drumpot is a great player, and it's that dedication to details which makes him so, but in the early stages of this game I'm sort of being lazy and relying on someone else to get the information from him. There you go, I'm not being a great villager there with my attitude on how to look into Drumpot.

However…My only worry with him was to do with D0 and was not a dead cert - I reckon there could have been on-thread tasks and there would be someone who got in early and plentiful with posts on D0, then left for the evening safe in the knowledge that they won. Looking at Drumpot's posts, there's nothing which jumps out specifically like a gif or quote or obviously tasky. However, the task could have been something like 'First player to X posts in game wins for their team'. Because of that, Drumpot was raising a bit of an eyebrow in that regard. Since then, I have a slight town lean on him. He has expanded his work on D2. That could be a wolf looking to place himself well within the village, but I don't think that's his style.

Uriel: Is Uriel one of the players who is in a completely different timezone? Like BH? Something in my head telling me that is the case. Because of this, Uriel's lack of posting or unusual posting times have been no major concern to me. However, in the vein of PJ, Rikand, Fixxxer, he could still be a low-lying wolf. More than any of that though, he comes in at particular times with one liners which attempt to make a definitive statement/direction about players, too definitive i.e. Lynch X, Shoot Y, Peek Z. Now, maybe he is just making the most of limited time he has available to play, but I have a slight wolf lean on Uriel. Would like to see more reasoning to some of these extreme calls to action when they happen.

Lordy: A bit worried now that I look into him more. He's listing names without much reasoning and/or summing up other peoples' work. I don't judge him on his late start to the game, I take his explanation, but still I feel like he is playing very carefully in the catch-up. I'm getting more SK vibes from that rather than wolf as it seems the SK has very little room for error and must tread carefully. Also, I reckon the SK needs to try to sway some bullets, and that's exactly what it seemed Lordy was doing in here a few hours ago. His response to being the prime target for Necro's bullet was a bit too 'Ah, sure if you must', a bit too agreeable. Then, he looked to pat himself on the back just for being around in the thread.

In the afternoon of D1, I thought I spotted the likes of Lordy and one other come in and post a fair bit, but then drop out until lynch time. I was wrong about the other player, but still feel Lord came in and dropped a load of words having no posts made yet, and then disappeared until near lynch once he saw that was enough to keep the thread happy and off him for the day.

In fairness to Lord, he was one of the few who seemed to talk about D2 munches and their possible reasons. However, it gave me the slight impression that he was trying to plant a series of events in the reader's mind. A 'Hey, no one's talking about that shít I/we pulled this morning, so I'll explain it to them' sort of move. I have a slight wolf lean on Lordy, but not enough of a one right now and need to see more original thought from him.

Quickbeam: I believe there were tasks on the first day, and her post came across as the taskiest to me. Like I said a couple days ago, I didn't know the Chasers members myself, but that didn't make me list them all out on thread once I did look them up. However, QB tried to help me when I raised the point of on-thread tasks. She reckoned though that they would be more complex. Villager point: Trying to help find tasks. Possible wolf move: Suggesting the tasks are more complex than something like gifs, quotes, or the likes of that Chasers post.

She hasn't been around as much as I'd expect a village QB to be. I know she'll be dedicated to busy college work, but I thought if she signed up for the game during college she she'd have time to play. But hey, I signed up knowing that I would have work which would drag me away during game week. I suppose her absences aren't too unlike my own at times.

I may as well admit it, I'm flipping with QB, from good to bad, rinse, repeat. I will say that I don't don't think she is NRV. That's why I'm torn and feel there is an RV or wolf there. If it's RV, that's why I think these obligatory read lists are a useful tool for the wolves - We really shouldn't all be pointing out who we think is RV.

Duffman: Alright, apparently some attentive players either missed what appeared to be clear hints and a medium reveal from him. Oh, fúck it, may as well say because I think Andrea Boccelli even copped it despite a few posters missing it: Apart from starting with 'Dear village, it is I your vig…', Duffman has claimed vig overnight.

Vig has to use or lose bullets by 9pm Wednesday night. He wouldn't have come out knowing that he'd likely be targeted for munch in the morning, so I expect Duffman is shining his gun for pre-munch use.

So far his play and participation does come across as RV. Not lying totally low, not playing loud or high, not drawing any heat. Sure, that describes how an ideal wolf should play, but they don't even almost always do that in reality. I think Duffman will be self-resolving, and it will be like something from a Tarantino movie when it happens. If he is vig, he'll either shoot before munch, not shoot and/or be munched, or if he doesn't shoot and isn't munched, he will draw the suspicions of the village. If not vig, he is NRV trying to do the village or actual vig a service.

Also, Duffman was the only one to agree with me post lynch D1 that we shouldn't outright assume Lough is a wolf killed. Someone else might call that pocketing, but I'd call that an open mind, an against the grain opinion which isn't easy to post in a very nervy game like this. I've a good lean on Duffman.

Barney: Barney was the other who, with Lordy, I was concerned on D1 disappeared for evening once they saw their names were not under fire or being mentioned for lynch. However, looking closer at Barney's post frequency shows that wasn't actually the case. Also, he doesn't seem to be forming wagons or be willing to easily jump on them. Like Necro, Barney is applying a good degree of objectivity here while remaining skeptical when necessary.

As others have mentioned though, Barney is great at appearing village no matter what his actual allegiance. That alone isn't enough to give me a presumption though, so slight town lean on Barney from his work so far now that I've ruled out my disappearing act suspicion on him.

Rikand: I'm starting to grow suspicious of Rikand and said this yesterday - Yes I believed Sully to be wolfy also, but it didn't automatically clear them both from being bad in my book. Going all in on Sully over a fluffy post, Rikand was so sure about her despite loads of others making early fluffy posts…but then some clock error prevents Rikand from registering his vote last minute on D2?

If so sure on Sully, that vote should have went in much sooner than to be in danger of a last minute technical issue. It's not that I don't believe the tech issue, it;s that I do. Why did you leave your vote so late when it's been Sully all along for you? It suggests you weren't actually so confident, and leaving the vote as late as possible to see where thread opinion and FFAs were swaying.

Rikand said he/she was afk, and their absence was playing on my suspicions until that. Slight wolf lean now, but I'm looking forward to reading more when he/she posts more on D3 like they said should they should be able to.

Jack Moore: Right, meta again…No way poor Sinbad could be drawn to a wolf team for his first two games on Boards. I know that's not the way the actual maths work, but it would be some poor luck in terms of an easy introduction for him. Also, I thought his lack of activity signaled disinterested NRV. That as a bad team or RV he would have found the interest to participate. Anyway, I don't know Sinbad's personal circumstances and wish him the best, so…

Jack Moore to me is looking to come in and ask questions which haven't been asked yet. However, in his flurry of questions upon introduction, did he somehow miss the fact that Beaker's Barrymore reveal was a hoax? Jack initially implied that he had read a lot and knew where he was going with his thinking, but then seemed to miss something so big as the 'Gotcha' post from Beaker and subsequent discussion of it.

Anyway, as a former sub I can appreciate that details fall through the cracks while trying to catch up, possibly way through the cracks in my own case, so I have a slight village lean on JM for now. Not sure a wolf would be so posty/loud/decisive coming into the game and catching up. To give a comparison, Jack Moore is not acting overly careful as someone playing catch-up, where I feel that Lordy is.

Partyjungle: Ok, I see I was the lone vote for PJ. I will have to work better with my case, or PJ will have to work better at showing me he is village. No, don't reveal if there is one, just post more theories or thoughts. You have FFAed people for behavior which you said was similar to your own. Even if I'm wrong, do you honestly think I'm way off for thinking that you could be the low lying, skirting-by, wolf? Debate it with me by all means, but by evening of D2 you were just throwing shít at me and then voting for me in the lynch. That alone is not helping to convince me that you aren't a wolf.

I thought at least someone else would see what I think I have, but on two nights now it hasn't happened in the votes. On that, Necro said there's no such thing as a wasted vote, but looking at those voting results for two nights, it really feels like I'm wasting my vote here.

Fixxxer: Completely off my radar, but could easily be in the same bracket of low contributors who might have a hairy hider among them, along with Rikand, PJ and Uriel. Show me a game where there isn't at least one pair of hairy hands down in the low posters or barely-talkers, and I'll show you a…well I'll be very surprised. I'll buy you a pint.

Mrs Flushdraw: Meta again. Because Mrs F is the wolfiest player in our happy Boards bunch I am applying a higher standard when it comes to judging if she is actually a wolf. Have seen people swear she was a wolf before, only for her to turn up NRV. Now, that does not mean she ain't a wolf in this game, just that I might have a bit of a blindspot when it comes to Mrs. F. I've deliberately sort of put a few players on the long-finger in this game. Lough who I already listed my reasons for, Drummer listed above, and Flushy. All great players btw, the problem is me :pac: Along with Fixxxer though, Flushy is probably the player I have the leastest (it's a word dammit!) read on.

Deconduo: New player who didn't drag out or overplay his/her new status IMO. Looking to get stuck in and not play dumb or ignorant. I wondered why they asked me about two things on D1 and never got back to my replies until prompted. The way they asked, it was not like it was a wolf looking to throw my name into a shít mixer. More someone working away, looking to make inquiries and fill out the blanks in their notes which they might have missed and maybe someone to collaborate with. They seem willing to ask questions of many players, I think our new player could be village.

Also, I've been of the belief that PJ is wolf, and Deconduo seemed to believe that too to an extent. That could put them on separate bad team to PJ, but I'm getting a village lean from Decon.

FFA for a bullet...

Hmm, now this is where it is harder than a normal FFA. With normal FFAs, that's for data collection and discussion. For referencing back to as the game goes on and trying to spot patterns. This bullet FFA will likely have very real implications.

If choices 2 and 3 are going to count towards a player's actual tally like they do in normal FFAs, I have to be more careful here. I'm going to have to treat this like I'm a vig, that my decision could see a player removed from the game. In that case, my only choice right now would be PJ. He's the only one I feel fairly sure is a wolf. Beaker came after me hard and tbh, totally alone, but I'll need to see if there was a bigger plan afoot before that completely raises my wolf suspicions.

Right, a 500km roundtrip for work has left me shattered for sleep. I would like to remain conscious to see the morning drama of which it's pointing towards there being some, but I'll probably doze in the meantime. I'll answer questions from anyone on my reads, but I'm not up for mere spin or 'deflection, distraction, pocket' one liners and accusations, thanks.

Thank you

I'll be honest, I'm tempted to just follow Stu's nose here and see where it leads us.

Like Fixxxer wants Barney killed over everyone based on facts that he has no way of knowing apply to this game.

Wow Stu, you really have put a lot of thought and work into that.

Pretty impressed. Certainly isn't a neutral country!

Like Fixxxer wants Barney killed over everyone based on facts that he has no way of knowing apply to this game.

You and Barney. You two are my best reads on wolfy activity. Which of you I vote for depends on who gets shot first. You rattled your tasks have been rumbled wolfy??

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro I think you need to declare who you are shooting before 9.59 to allow for any RV claims.

I'm surprised at duffer going for that 9.59 plan

Pter wrote: »
    Necro I think you need to declare who you are shooting before 9.59 to allow for any RV claims.

I'm surprised at duffer going for that 9.59 plan

I'm not shooting directly at 9.59am Pter.

Firstly, I don't want to piss off the mods. Secondly, if we haven't hit the SK yet we might prevent another kill this morning. It will be 9.30 at the latest. But I will declare first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Morning, had a quick 5min skim. That was a woeful vote spread last night. There's no way sully was a wolf (possibly sk though) We need to be better at focusing the votes sooner, though not sure how to enforce that.

My FFA stands at pj + Uriel. Have some other slight wolf leans but none I would shoot over those 2.

Advertisement