Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I mean, if anything in that post is tasky it's naming all 5 of the Chasers by their full names. Not sure why you're focusing on the fluff mention, you think mentioning fluff might be a task in and of itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro wrote: »
    I mean, if anything in that post is tasky it's naming all 5 of the Chasers by their full names. Not sure why you're focusing on the fluff mention, you think mentioning fluff might be a task in and of itself?

Thats true as well.

Im keeping an open mind re: tasks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Pter wrote: »
    Until we know tasks arent in play today, the game may not be set up for fluff.

The reference in question is above.

Not only were you the first to bring up fluff, but you also hid it in 'oh are we playing for lols today or looking for wolves', so as to appear helpful.

Yeah, didn't say I didn't say fluffy. I just don't get why that word, above any other word used to date would indicate task.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Fun Fan? Fat Fuk? (You can see my plate of cheese and crackers, can't you :P )

I am not good at game show type quizes. Can I have another letter please Bob?

Ha, I remember one game where somebody started talking gibberish and it drove me mad... I nearly got the whole village killed chasing the poster....

Good times.....

Thats true as well.

Im keeping an open mind re: tasks.

I think an open mind is a good idea, but I also don't want to get too het up about them.

• Advertisement

Yeah, at least I can understand that accusation it does sound more tasky than using the word fluffy. But it was me merely seeing which of the Chasers not mentioned in the OP were playing based on the photo in the OP. I've never watched The Chasers so I was relying on Wiki and matching names / nicknames / photos (not provided in Wiki, that was Google) to see who was missing. Tis all, but I like your thinking at least.

Virtanen wrote: »
    You know what looks suspiciously like a task? Creating a puzzle and asking people to solve it

And who is doing that?

If you're implying that I am, I offered a definite opinion on something the thread was discussing. Where as others merely said 'no point discussing it'. Quickbeam made an even more complex suggestion in reply to me, I suppose that's suspicious too then.

Backroom tasks are a complete new thing to me, and I am no noob at this stage. I haven't seen them before as a good or bad team member. The more common occurrence is on thread tasks, no? Dunno why we would be looking to rule out being on the watch for tasks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

And who is doing that?

If you're implying that I am, I offered a definite opinion on something the thread was discussing. Where as others merely said 'no point discussing it'. Quickbeam made an even more complex suggestion in reply to me, I suppose that's suspicious too then.

Backroom tasks are a complete new thing to me, and I am no noob at this stage. I haven't seen them before as a good or bad team member. The more common occurrence is on thread tasks, no? Dunno why we would be looking to rule out being on the watch for tasks.

I'm not, I was referring to Beaker's word puzzle, I just responded to your post since you mentioned that tasks might be present

I've seen it before. It's usually a game of "pick a number between 1 and 100" type thing and whoever gets closer to the number pre-chosen by the mods gets the kill. Or something similar. On-thread tasks would be more common though, and I think we should be looking out for them. As I said, the most common on-thread ones involve first letters of sentences or paragraphs or subsequent posts though, which are hard to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hi all checking in and trying to make sense of whats going on. Sick as a dog after a few celebration drinks after the game last night. I've not had a rugby inspired full day black out since the Toyota Cheetahs v Leinster game last year. If anyone wants to make me a fry up I'd appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Aw id love a fry up at the moment as well.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I've seen it before. It's usually a game of "pick a number between 1 and 100" type thing and whoever gets closer to the number pre-chosen by the mods gets the kill. Or something similar. On-thread tasks would be more common though, and I think we should be looking out for them. As I said, the most common on-thread ones involve first letters of sentences or paragraphs or subsequent posts though, which are hard to spot.

Last game I remember backroom tasks in was Walking Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

You know what looks suspiciously like a task? Creating a puzzle and asking people to solve it

Oh its a task, come play with me if you dare....

This is the Saw game right?

My answer was FOR FUN

I'm not, I was referring to Beaker's word puzzle, I just responded to your post since you mentioned that tasks might be present

It was hard for me to tell, apologies.

Yeah Beaker's word puzzle is suspicious. If not a task, it's wasting village time.

In fairness - If that is a task, it's a big risk for a wolf/Beaker to take. As for Beaker distracting the village - Well, it's d0, we're not exactly honing in on specific leads which a wolf would desperately need to distract the village from.

At this stage, the best I hope for apart from spotting a task, is just to get everyone posting as much as possible before we begin the serious shít tomorrow. D0 posts might seem useless now, but sometimes they can become uselful later in a game when the village get more info.

Maybe I'm just too relaxed now though, having felt enormous pressure to make a d0 lynch vote in the last game. :pac:
    quickbeam wrote: »

Thanks for that QB.

There seems to be little risk in that for the bad teams though. My understanding so far in WW is that tasks are risky because they had to be carried out on thread. If they are in the backroom, well then that just renders the rest of us a bit useless on d0. Basically we're just waiting until one of us in munched in the morning to try to take information/leads from that. If any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Aw id love a fry up at the moment as well.

I seem to have a black hole where the stomach used to be. Had a plate of mixed crackers, some with jalepeno cheese and some with Bigila on it. I thought I had died and gone to food heaven.

It was hard for me to tell, apologies.

Yeah Beaker's word puzzle is suspicious. If not a task, it's wasting village time.

In fairness - If that is a task, it's a big risk for a wolf/Beaker to take. As for Beaker distracting the village - Well, it's d0, we're not exactly honing in on specific leads which a wolf would desperately need to distract the village from.

I love risk..... a fine board game.

How am I wasting peoples time?

If anything I giving people something to talk about.

Also I wanted to see MrsFlushs reaction. I remember in a previous game she was called a wolf early by jack and flipped, citing how shes always accused of being a wolf.

beakerjoe wrote: »

Also I wanted to see MrsFlushs reaction. I remember in a previous game she was called a wolf early by jack and flipped, citing how shes always accused of being a wolf.

Ha, she probably is a wolf though.

Last game I remember backroom tasks in was Walking Dead.

Ok so players should not be heavily promoting the idea of backroom tasks all of a sudden then. Will take a look back to see if anyone leaned on them hard, or just mentioned the possibility of BR tasks.
    beakerjoe wrote: »

If a wolf was looking to waste the village's time, they would make a post like a 'guess what' type of post, a puzzle, which got the village talking about complete fluff rather than talking about an actual strategy.

That was one side. I did follow it up with a paragraph that started with 'In fairness', and that is how I'd be leaning. I was looking at your puzzle from both sides since another poster mentioned it to me.

Hehe, I also remember a previous game where MVP wolf called someone else a wolf on the first day, do we want to go down that road? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Evening game show people.

Only arising from the ashes of last night's celebrations. Celebrated hard but it was worth it.... I think.

I'm terribly disappointed that Richie isn't a character in this game but otherwise its a great setup modulators

Now to the aztec zone

• Advertisement

Ok so players should not be heavily promoting the idea of backroom tasks all of a sudden then. Will take a look back to see if anyone leaned on them hard, or just mentioned the possibility of BR tasks.

Ha, that would be me tbh. I just think that, given the dynamic of a wolf team VS a lone killer in the SK, having on thread tasks might identify the SK too easily to the wolves. Also to the village if we do catch something but moreso the wolves might know better what to look for and then identify the SK through that.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Evening game show people.

Only arising from the ashes of last night's celebrations. Celebrated hard but it was worth it.... I think.

I'm terribly disappointed that Richie isn't a character in this game but otherwise its a great setup modulators

Now to the aztec zone

Arising.... Ashes :eek:

Are you a zombie?

Ok, I've posted enough for the day I think. Bed time for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Ok, I've posted enough for the day I think. Bed time for me
    Bed is for wimps! We have a game to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Rikand wrote: »
    I see it too

Rikand!! No! Ignore drumpot. He’s just stirring ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Arising.... Ashes :eek:

Are you a zombie?

Right now I feel like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

sullivlo wrote: »

giphy.gif

Ha, that would be me tbh. I just think that, given the dynamic of a wolf team VS a lone killer in the SK, having on thread tasks might identify the SK too easily to the wolves. Also to the village if we do catch something but moreso the wolves might know better what to look for and then identify the SK through that.

Yes, it would be you indeed! And QB and Virtanen who talked about them.

Though I now see the reason why there would be backroom tasks, to basically give the minority bad team a chance to protect their identity from the larger bad team.

Could be either I guess, BR or on-thread, but I would still be on the lookout for tasks. Especially if it's been over a year since BR tasks last appeared. (I trust your info on that, you are like a Boards WW Wiki)

On that note, the only suspect thing for me really is QB's list of the Chasers members. QB said that she was unfamiliar with the show and I can appreciate that. I'd never even heard of it before I read the OP. But then, I didn't go and list a bunch of the characters in one post.

That could of course be some helpful villager work on d0, trying to sort out the OP and make sense of it. However, I don't know what benefit it does the village to speculate on the names of the missing wolf team characters. I could stand to be enlightened on that though, just like I was with 'what's the point of backroom tasks?'.

I dunno. There should be more than tasks to discuss and the above is far from airtight, but for d0 I have little else to look out for but tasks.

Roster just so we all know who's in and who isn't....

Necro
    Fixxxer
    Beakerjoe
    Sinbad311
    LoughC
    Quickbeam
    Tritium
    Rikand
    Virtanian
    Barney92
    Pter
    Lord TSC
    Sully
    Deconduo
    Uriel
    PJ
    MrsFlushdraw
    Bounty Hunter
    Duffman13
    Stu Redman
    Drumpot

Everyone's checked in now but Sinbad, Barney and Lordy. That's not bad for d0, especially after last night's rugby celebrations.

I didn't even get to see the game yet. I was doing a gig in town last night and was out of Dublin by 11pm, in my local Tesco for 11:30pm, home-made Indian cooked and pillaged an hour later. Rock and roll \m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

sullivlo wrote: »

It's all there in Black and White Sulli. What has been seen cannot be unseen

Advertisement