Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: The Game Show

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Barney92 wrote: »
    Good job Necro. I sensed you were evil for a while there but glad I trusted you in the end.

I never know when to trust you Barney so the feeling was mutual until you came out as vig ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necro what's a mountainous game?

Pter wrote:
    Necro what's a mountainous game?

Game with no proper seer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Nice to be back in my own skin. Thanks everyone for a great game. Kolido and Strawbs were a great backroom team to have on board. So sorry for being a negative nancy for most of the planning phase!

I really thought the chasers had this won yesterday, Deco was so in with the village team that I was sure he'd never be caught. All Chasers did really well throughout the game and the peek on Stu was inspired. Stu also had a great game and accepted his fate so graciously. He had all the plans in the backroom and again, we just keep shooting them down. Sorry Stu! Being an SK is a tough job.

MVP for me in this game was Rikand. Absolute stellar play as priest and had some really in depth posts that really logicked out the game. I was really impressed. There has to be a new section in the Wolfie Awards for the biggest tiff in a game, and for this game it would go to Pter and Necro who just love to hate each other. It was hilarious to watch. And I can't believe everyone fell for the stupid Countdown Clock thing!

The 110% best Quizzer award totally goes to Barney for his dedication to the quizzes. I've never seen quiz questions so thoroughly researched. Apologies for the Water Polo question. I really should've quoted my sources when I did up the list of questions but I didn't and I wrote most of them about 4 months ago so have no clue where I got it from.

There's some serious discussions I'd like to initiate about the Jack incident in the game but that's for later. For now I'm just glad that it's all over as I have in-laws to entertain this evening.
    Congratulations Village. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Necro wrote: »
    I never know when to trust you Barney so the feeling was mutual until you came out as vig ;)

You know you can always trust me :). I've got your back.

• Advertisement

People leave us alone when we are fighting. I was only picking a fight to keep me and necro alive.

Barney92 wrote:
    You know you can always trust me . I've got your back.

Cept when you are a dinosaur handler.

Anyways thanks mods for a good game. I enjoyed it a lot.

Fair dues to the wolves, had us on the ropes for a while (not that we knew it though). But some good team play got the village through.

And no. The Countdown Clock is mine!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

What was the story with Lordy? Would he have replaced a wolf if they'd died, but not the Beast?

We didn't fail to convert him. We'd know idea he was in play. His post was as much a surprise to us as anyone.

And what was Stu's task? Did he know mine wasn't a task based on his own but went hard anyway, or did he genuinely think it was? Did he do his task? Did he spot Fixxxer's?

• Advertisement

Had the wolves munched any of the team captains, the Wolf Cub would've been activated. Didn't happen though.

I have a few more quiz questions here if anyone (ie Barney) wants me to throw them out for ****s and giggles?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Woohoo, so QB and Deco the remaining wolves then? I'll need to hop on into the backroom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Did anyone spot the plea to stu from the wolves?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Had the wolves munched any of the team captains, the Wolf Cub would've been activated. Didn't happen though.

Ah, so releasing Lordy back to the village wasn't Fixxxer's death, it was Beaker's as the last captain?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Ah, so releasing Lordy back to the village wasn't Fixxxer's death, it was Beaker's as the last captain?

Exactly.
    And what was Stu's task? Did he know mine wasn't a task based on his own but went hard anyway, or did he genuinely think it was? Did he do his task? Did he spot Fixxxer's?

Ugh, Stu's task gave me such a headache trying to come up with something to do. In the end we couldn't find an equivalent 'Cheetahs' anagram for him so we just had him say 'Goodbye'.

I can't believe we lost all three captains and still won! I expected them to be way more important than they turned out to be. That said wolves were in a good spot yesterday, I felt the village was in a bad spot yesterday despite Lordys happiness

The captain mechanic didn't work as well as we hoped it would tbh. We had hoped that at least a few teammates would've been identified by their captains which would've allowed a village core to develop. Poor Lough got lynched so fast I think he only had one chance and the other's failed in their protects too.

Beaker had protected Pter the night he was munched but Pter wasn't on his team so the protect failed. Pity. I do think the seer/bg mechanic is worth trying out again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I have a few more quiz questions here if anyone (ie Barney) wants me to throw them out for ****s and giggles?

Most definitely please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Thanks for a great game mods and players, that was really fun to watch (from the dead room mainly thanks to those pesky wolves). Nicely balanced and could have gone either way for most of the game.

Pter wrote: »
    Lol I feel redeemed after the Sherlock whitewash

Nah village roared right back in vanillarama II.

• Advertisement

Q1:
    In WWII, when did Operation Barbarossa officially begin?

tritium wrote:
    Nah village roared right back in vanillarama II.

True. I wasn't playing village that one though!

22/6/41.

22/6/41.

Correct

Q2
    What was Napoleon’s full title in 1812?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Q1:
    In WWII, when did Operation Barbarossa officially begin?

Authorized by hitler in dec 1940!, started June 1941

John 'rikand' napoleon

Nice one. Will let somebody else go instead though.

I feel like Barney is still researching the first question. Lol

Yo mods, any chance of letting me see the backrooms :P

The Countdown Clock will be on break momentarily... :pac:

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Yo mods, any chance of letting me see the backrooms :P

The Countdown Clock will be on break momentarily... :pac:

+1

Advertisement