Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking at MOBO upgrades, what to look out for in sales?

Options
  • 18-11-2018 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm having a shocking amount of BSOD lately. For a good while, from having pretty much none in years. The only new significant addition to the PC has been a new headset run of a DAC/AMP. It's definitly that, since if I unplug the USB DAC/AMP thing, the pc insta crashes.

I'm thinking that the mobo might be getting on, and cannot power it. Also feeling a bit hamstrung capped at DDR3 1600 RAM (or 1300 forget) and not being able to look into any M.2 drives.

This is my current motherboard.

MSI B85-G41 PC Mate(MS-7850)

I'm running an i7 4700 and 8GB of DDr at 666mhz.

Thoughts on potential motherboards to keep an eye out for in black friday cyber monday sales? Really don't have a budget, in a sense this will be a pure impulse buy, so dont want to spend big bucks.

Recommendations on nice 16GB kits of RAM welcome too :)
    Also, a 256GB ssd. Seems the ones I have (Crucial M4) arn't a thing anymore? Looking for something cheap and cheerful (see ranges at 40 euro). Just a drive for my Battlenet games exclusively, finally replace the 60GB SSD i have in my machine that does nothing

Comments

Advertisement