Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VLC Subtitles track

Options
  • 18-11-2018 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I'm having a difficult with VLC, I have downloaded a video and the subtitles have downloaded with the video, however, I can't find the file on the C drive, would anyone have an inkling as to how to locate it?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 206 ✭✭JustAYoungLad

Konvict wrote: »
    I'm having a difficult with VLC, I have downloaded a video and the subtitles have downloaded with the video, however, I can't find the file on the C drive, would anyone have an inkling as to how to locate it?

Thanks!
    This isnt tech support fam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Thanks!

Nice try guard..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

They're probably embedded, and you may be able to turn them off. Right click on the video once it's playing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sounds like a System32/64 problem....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

More layer 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you are on chrome go to top of page and on your right you will see three horizontal dots or pinpoints, click it select downloads, this should open a page with your most recent downloads and you should see your recently downloaded file. If its torrents go into utorrent or whatever you use, right click said torrent and there should be a drop down, select open in folder. Good luck. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 206 ✭✭JustAYoungLad

Thanks!

First you gotta hack the mainframe. Then commence IP address reuplink and hot-wire the node. Then once you reach the TCP/IP port use photoshop to zoom and enhance then this part is important, go into chrome incognito mode then google.com and search how to find a subtitle file

In the other hand you mention subtitles, if you downloaded movie in a folder rather than a single file there is probably a subtitle folder in there. Open VLC player click subtile tab, drop down should say add subtitle track (select that) which you just have to go into your downloaded film folder to add, select En (English) and voila you should have subtitles on the screen. If still no joy with VLC, open Windows Media Player and you can get that player to add subtitles without having to navigate the film folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

Have you checked your tcp/ip settings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Its most commonly a .srt file. It should have downloaded into the same folder as the video - and should have the same filename as the video, just with .srt at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JuanBerrosa

If you download the .srt file (subtitle txt) and rename that to the exact same file as the movie file - except the extension.
    Example you have Batman.mkv - if you download the subtitles (.srt file) make sure you call it Batman.srt - this will guarantee the subs come on automatically as soon as you play the video - on any player - external media players included.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

They’re in the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I remember when you could remind them with a Biro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭corner of hells

kneemos wrote: »
    I remember when you could remind them with a Biro.

I think you don't.

Hate that, OP disappears after asking a question, dd any advice work, did you find file or your computer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Better delete it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I think you don't.

I does.

I remember when a caravan was something you towed behind a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

If the file is .mkv, then it's probably inside the file along with the video and audio - all merged into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭corner of hells

kneemos wrote: »
    I does.

I remember when a caravan was something you towed behind a car.

I think you might want to re read your post.

I'm wearing the grammar Nazi hat today .

I'm just rewinding you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Thanks!

Did you use a search with file explorer? If you were using vlc player it would only show certain types of media file unless you changed the parameters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Konvict

They're probably embedded, and you may be able to turn them off. Right click on the video once it's playing

Thanks, I'm pretty sure they are embedded, it's an .mp4 file and they don't seem to be anywhere else.

I used 4K video downloader to pull a youtube video with the subs, but I want to isolate the subs from the video but for the life of me can't work out how to do so...

to "Odhinn", yeah, have tried to search using file explorer, no joy.

"mad muffin They’re in the computer." - ... Thank you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Konvict

Update

Turns out the subs where there in the .mp4, I downloaded Subtitle Edit to extract them and it worked a treat.

Thanks for all your help!

OP out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Try turning it on and off

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Put it back in the box.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Advertisement