Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good non-fancy restaurant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I was in Bang Restaurant recently which seems to market itself as an upmarket spot - there was a man and his late teens son wearing tracksuits.... Dress code is definitely gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

What about the Exchequer?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Patww79 wrote: »
    Cheers but as much as her eyes lit up when I mentioned fondant it's definitely too fancy looking and a place I feel I'd need a tie and all on.

Definitely would be looking more gastro pub.

I've been to Chapter 1 and L'Ecrivain, both had people wearing runners and hoodies and jeans. I don't think anywhere in Dublin you need a tie, even Guibauds is just smart casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Kingfisher on Parnell st.
    A little more upper class but lovely is Rage in Blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

on the other hand, some people like dining in a nice restaurant to be an experience and that includes dressing up a bit and being surrounded by people who have dressed up a bit not suit and tie dressed up but smartly dressed, for example, I would not go to a place like Dax wearing a tracksuit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I was in Bang Restaurant recently which seems to market itself as an upmarket spot - there was a man and his late teens son wearing tracksuits.... Dress code is definitely gone.

What was the food in Bang like Gav, would you recommend? It always seems to pop up on the deals sites but Ive never tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

bs2014 wrote: »
    Kingfisher on Parnell st.
    A little more upper class but lovely is Rage in Blackrock
    Kingfisher is Just a greasy spoon along the lines of Cafe Kylemore or a shopping centre cafe. Nice food, fry ups etc but not a destination restaurant for a meal out with a partner.

Plus one on dress code no longer required in any good quality restaurant.

Ruin bar in Tara St do great burgers and a surprisingly delicious gnocchi! The Workshop pub beside Tara DART station does good food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What was the food in Bang like Gav, would you recommend? It always seems to pop up on the deals sites but Ive never tried it.

Not to hijack the thread too much... but ye we got a deal from my aunt/uncle for our engagement - I really enjoyed the food whereas my fiancee is a tad bit picky but still enjoyed it but not as much as me. They don't mention it, but the deal (at least our one) has a good few things excluded from the A La Carte which was a pity as I had my eyes on the vension when googling their menu that morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

The Legal Eagle would probably fit what you are looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

matrim wrote: »
    The Legal Eagle would probably fit what you are looking for

Yes! Had forgotten that, cracking food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Patww79 wrote: »
    Cheers but as much as her eyes lit up when I mentioned fondant it's definitely too fancy looking and a place I feel I'd need a tie and all on.

Definitely would be looking more gastro pub.

Been there before myself and definitely not a place where you'd need to dress up. In a similar vein I really like Al Vesuvio on Meeting House Square.

Advertisement