Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child almost snatched at Christmas market

Options
  • 18-11-2018 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Don't know if people have seen this but all over Facebook that there was an attempted child snatch in the market last night..scary stuff and fair play to the parent he has identified them so be careful out there if with small kids

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Don't know if people have seen this but all over Facebook that there was an attempted child snatch in the market last night..scary stuff and fair play to the parent he has identified them so be careful out there if with small kids

Saw that. Good idea to have a wrist link/leash for young kids so they are attached to you at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Might just be beer tent bar stool talk? None of the local media is carrying it...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭maniac2003

Is there a link or screen grab of this incident please

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Might just be beer tent bar stool talk? None of the local media is carrying it...

Was from the father of the boy so would say it carries a bit more truth than just bar stool talk in fairness.

He has identified two guys on Facebook too.. apparently there was one last year which was never made public and if I'm not mistaken another one few weeks ago in a school in knocknacarra..bdont know how true that is but people should be aware...

In fairness local media in Galway wouldn't be the most reliable so fact they haven't reported it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Was from the father of the boy so would say it carries a bit more truth than just bar stool talk in fairness.

He has identified two guys on Facebook too.. apparently there was one last year which was never made public and if I'm not mistaken another one few weeks ago in a school in knocknacarra..bdont know how true that is but people should be aware...

In fairness local media in Galway wouldn't be the most reliable so fact they haven't reported it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just cautious when it comes to scaremongering without a confirmed source.

If it did happen it is very serious and should have been put in the public domain officially without delay.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

White van man again
    Who would try that in packed market

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just cautious when it comes to scaremongering without a confirmed source.

If it did happen it is very serious and should have been put in the public domain officially without delay.

Galway media like other forums is censored & only like portraying how great the city is. There was barely any mention of the brawl in the middle of a busy road out in GMIT two weeks back.

Galway media like other forums is censored & only like portraying how great the city is. There was barely any mention of the brawl in the middle of a busy road out in GMIT two weeks back.

100% agree with this... They will very rarely make any reference to attacks etc in city... Many guards have said to me recently that Galway is plagued with the likes and has probably one of biggest drug problems or people with addiction compared to other cities per head of population.
    Yet nor reported by any media..

Think I'd trust it from a guard than the Galway weekly paper or social media

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

100% agree with this... They will very rarely make any reference to attacks etc in city... Many guards have said to me recently that Galway is plagued with the likes and has probably one of biggest drug problems or people with addiction compared to other cities per head of population.
    Yet nor reported by any media..

Think I'd trust it from a guard than the Galway weekly paper or social media

To be fair I think quiet a few of the addicts are overflow from Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Redo91 wrote: »

Phew, it’s someone else’s fault
    Galway has no faults or flaws and it really is a terrific & wonderful city afterall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Redo91 wrote: »

Phew, it’s someone else’s fault
    Galway has no faults or flaws and it really is a terrific & wonderful city afterall
    Not saying that. I’m just saying I’ve seen groups of addicts around the place that have Dublin accents. It’s hardly jumping to conclusions to say that they have come down from Dublin. Not saying they are all coming down from Dublin but certainly a decent proportion are.

Anyhow I’m taking this thread off topic so I’ll leave it at that.

Father of the boy where? Social media? or do you know him personally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Father of the boy where? Social media? or do you know him personally?

I saw it shared on fb and looked at his page. He has a few posts up including pictures of the 2 guys as it turned out he had recognised one of them from working alongside him a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Rubbish. https://connachttribune.ie/brawl-footage-draws-wrong-sort-of-attention-309/

Besides two lads having a staged fight is very different to a kid being attemptedly abducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

When will most of the Christmas lights be on Dublin, so know when to head up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Rubbish. https://connachttribune.ie/brawl-footage-draws-wrong-sort-of-attention-309/

Besides two lads having a staged fight is very different to a kid being attemptedly abducted.

That fight was staged??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Am i in the wrong thread ?

Even RTE ran that story so it was not only covered locally but nationally too.

jjpep wrote: »
    That fight was staged??

That fight happened day of presidential election but reported by them almost two weeks later!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Many posts moved out from the Christmas thread so that can stay on track

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    When will most of the Christmas lights be on Dublin, so know when to head up.
    This is the Galway forum, ask in Dublin forum.

• Advertisement

That fight happened day of presidential election but reported by them almost two weeks later!

So it wasn't staged? It did seem genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Did you see any blood?

Did you see any blood?

Can't remember. But the reactions of everyone around it, I.e. the kids, person holding the camera didn't seem like acting or being staged in some way. Are you saying it was? If yes, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Did you see any blood?

That doesnt mean it was staged, it just means their heart really wasn't in it tbf, i reckon it was the women that caused it all and the men had to be seen to be standing up for their bure

Ghekko wrote: »
    I saw it shared on fb and looked at his page. He has a few posts up including pictures of the 2 guys as it turned out he had recognised one of them from working alongside him a few years ago.

It would be great if this could be shared so others could be on the lookout for the predators

ive seen this shared

have no time for facebook "this happened to me" posts from ppl i know nothing about and this is no different

stinks of vigilanteism and panic-spreading and frankly id be very surprised if the account turned out to be genuine, but an investigation would be good either way

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I walked past and witnessed this. The guy looked mentally unwell and the father was very close to knocking him out.

boardzz wrote: »
    I walked past and witnessed this. The guy looked mentally unwell and the father was very close to knocking him out.

This is just crazy, I'd be doing time for anybody that tried to snatch my daughter, mental health issues or not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

boardzz wrote: »

Was he mentally unwell as in mentally unwell, or was he mentally unwell as in frenzied knife attacks, beheading, driving trucks through pedestrianised streets sort of mentally unwell?

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Was he mentally unwell as in mentally unwell, or was he mentally unwell as in frenzied knife attacks, beheading, driving trucks through pedestrianised streets sort of mentally unwell?

According to posts on his FB both are heavey drug users and African guy is well known around town as a wino. Must say I have seen him myself. Another post said one if not both are HIV positive.. don't know how legitimate that post was but fooking scary all the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement