Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surface Pro 6 Amazon Deal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

The 256gb version is €899 as well. Supposedly the bigger hard drive gives better performance. Don't really need one but I'm very tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jayprey wrote: »
    The 256gb version is €899 as well. Supposedly the bigger hard drive gives better performance. Don't really need one but I'm very tempted.

Yeah that's a very nice price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Yeah that's a very nice price.

Anyone used one of these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Jayprey wrote: »

Where is it at €899 with the keyboard? I'll go for that instead
    edit: guess you mean £899 sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Where is it at €899 with the keyboard? I'll go for that instead
    edit: guess you mean £899 sterling

Apologies - my mistake. Yeah £899 is still pretty decent.The way sterling is going there isn't much of a difference. Revolut was giving me less than €1.12 to £ today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

cronos wrote: »

Use them on a daily basis. Personally I prefer a laptop. I use them in education and 95% of the time they're used as laptops to the point that when we recently needed additional devices we just went with laptops.

If you travel a lot they are handy. I had one for that reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

unklerosco wrote: »
    Use them on a daily basis. Personally I prefer a laptop. I use them in education and 95% of the time they're used as laptops to the point that when we recently needed additional devices we just went with laptops.

If you travel a lot they are handy. I had one for that reason.

Thought as much. I look forward to a laptop bargains thread though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭henryforde80

Yep, pain in the hole to use as your main device.
    Better off with a laptop. Even a pain to use on a plane if you need keyboard functionality.

Would recommend a small Mac or 12 inch sff laptop any day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Thought as much. I look forward to a laptop bargains thread though!

I've become a chromebook convert. Have a dell xps 15 that hasn't been used for months now.

Advertisement