Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Parliament Elections 2019

1838485868789»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,422 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

At least everyone know the exact system. In SF there is no system it a coronation. I thing when people say members they allude that as no system is in place Android it is not published.
    For all we know the Army Council could have 60% and the parliamentary party 40 precent

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

What?

Sorry corrected that predictive text is s disaster at times

Slava Ukrainii

Sorry corrected that predictive text is s disaster at times

What do you mean it 'is not published', do you mean how members voted?
    To elect a new leader of the party, every Sinn Féin cumann in the country – there are around 360 cumainn – would first have to hold their own debate about which leadership candidate they wanted to support. For example, a cumann would hold a meeting to debate, discuss and vote on leadership candidates.

It's a different system, but I can't see how nobody gets a 'say' or how it is a 'coronation'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,815 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

What do you mean it 'is not published', do you mean how members voted?

It's a different system, but I can't see how nobody gets a 'say' or how it is a 'coronation'.

I think you would want to wake up and smell the coffee. I suppose the cumann's just check with the army Council first and then follow there direction. It was amazing that there was no other candidate in either the South or North for the leadership. For most that suggests a coronation

Slava Ukrainii

I think you would want to wake up and smell the coffee. I suppose the cumann's just check with the army Council first and then follow there direction. It was amazing that there was no other candidate in either the South or North for the leadership. For most that suggests a coronation

Ah I see...you are just going to believe the myths. There isn't much point putting links up for you so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Sinn Fein lacking transparency is like saying a bear ****s in the woods.

We have seen this lack of transparency manifest itself in terrible election results in the past few weeks from them. The issue for them is entirely cultural. Even SF TD's have reported off the record that their hectoring and constant lecturing on the airwaves have done more damage than good. But what else can they do? They were the majority in DCC for the past 5 years and did nothing. They are not wired to engage or participate in running the state, they are wired to be a protest movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

SF to provide solutions and policies for working people and families....

https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/53992

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    SF to provide solutions and policies for working people and families....

https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/53992
    ...but again with absolutely no details on how it will happen.
    Hurling from the ditch at it's finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Both defeated MEPs are whimpering about left unity, after half a decade plus of calling another left party traitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

L1011 wrote: »
    Both defeated MEPs are whimpering about left unity, after half a decade plus of calling another left party traitors.

Karma eh?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Michelle O'Neill gives me the creeps. Always comes across as on the defensive and looking to get stuck in. Plastered with makeup too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

L1011 wrote: »

Its at difficult times like this that leaders will arise and unifying figures will come forward to solidify the left. :pac::pac:

I see mentioned in the papers that Brendan Ogle may run for Clare Dalys seat in the by election. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Michelle O'Neill gives me the creeps. Always comes across as on the defensive and looking to get stuck in. Plastered with makeup too.

what has that got to do with anything?
    she needs to get on with finding a solution to the northern ireland impasse

dropping the Irish language thing would be a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

People are beginning to wake up to SF's populism and empty rhetoric. Lets not forget they voted AGAINST every EU referendum to date, including the decision to join the EEC in 1973.

Liadh Ní Riadh was probably incredulous that the people decided that they didn't want her back, but she has proven to be a terrible MEP. I certainly didn't want to fund her stupidity. They got a thrashing and they deserved it.

Advertisement