Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Unclebumble

roper1664 wrote: »
    I had asked the same question as you. I understood it as a statement too originally. The poster is making a prediction. Not saying that they actually read it somewhere.

I doubt they'll be the support.

ah shame - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

This isn't sold out, and even if it was, the undercard at Irish gigs is pretty much always awful, so i wouldn't be gettin my hopes up about stellar support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

A good undercard is usually announced with the act going on sale.

A crap undercard is one tacked on post sale date when it's almost irrelevant who's supporting.

Also look how good the support was for The Rolling Stones in the UK and how Ireland got The Academic.

I've no hope for a good support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Only hope would be that some R&L sub headliners would be added. This is what generally happens for Vital in Belfast. Muse,Biffy and Nothing but Thieves as an example was a class lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Only hope would be that some R&L sub headliners would be added. This is what generally happens for Vital in Belfast. Muse,Biffy and Nothing but Thieves as an example was a class lineup.

Biffy are actually a headliner at Reading/Leeds and weren't on the R&L bill at all when Muse headlined it around that Vital bill.

• Advertisement

Biffy are actually a headliner at Reading/Leeds and weren't on the R&L bill at all when Muse headlined it around that Vital bill.

I stand corrected.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What about Prophets of Rage as support?

47325153_1951959214869668_6313548676115464192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=0095d327d97cec254b05d92ed6e22e0b&oe=5CA365DE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

What about Prophets of Rage as support?

That would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Tickets just arrived, quite disappointed that the tickets are actually printed on perforated paper and are not standard looking concert tickets, will probably fall apart at the gig, pretty annoying if you collect all your concert tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

adam240610 wrote: »
    Tickets just arrived, quite disappointed that the tickets are actually printed on perforated paper and are not standard looking concert tickets, will probably fall apart at the gig, pretty annoying if you collect all your concert tickets

Yeah we got the same for a different gig.
    I've collected tickets for 15 years - it's very annoying.

Why change!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ILikeBoats wrote: »

Why change!!

What do they look like ? I have tickets pretty much from every gig I've been to since 1999

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Why change!!

Much much cheaper from TM perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

threein99 wrote: »
    What do they look like ? I have tickets pretty much from every gig I've been to since 1999

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057935524

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

threein99 wrote: »

It's an A4 printout with the tickets being the usual size and having perforated edges. It's not quite normal paper, but a long way from the normal ticket thickness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

It's an A4 printout with the tickets being the usual size and having perforated edges. It's not quite normal paper, but a long way from the normal ticket thickness

Feck it anyway

50995799_10155681282600738_2453258334195679232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3f29f4dcb4275d78d6bab0185b5c7de1&oe=5CEB2B2A

Id be happy with Royal Blood as support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

50995799_10155681282600738_2453258334195679232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=3f29f4dcb4275d78d6bab0185b5c7de1&oe=5CEB2B2A

Id be happy with Royal Blood as support

I hope not, want them headlining the Electric Arena.

But they do have history of supporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I'm getting old...the Reading line-up used to be a list of bands that I loved. Most of the names on that ^^^ I don't even recognise!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Penfailed wrote: »
    I'm getting old...the Reading line-up used to be a list of bands that I loved. Most of the names on that ^^^ I don't even recognise!

Was thinking the same..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

How much say would foos get in their support?

Royal blood have done their own 3arena gig so I think they're too big here for that support in terms of fees because MCD are an absolute shower when it comes to supports.

We'll probably get Wild Youth as they're the flavor of the month getting the push picture this got a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Toobz wrote: »

Royal blood have done their own 3arena gig so I think they're too big here for that support in terms of fees because MCD are an absolute shower when it comes to supports.

We'll probably get Wild Youth as they're the flavor of the month getting the push picture this got a few years ago

Wild youth by their very name would be unsuitable.... Wild altogether

Wild youth by their very name would be unsuitable.... Wild altogether

It's moreso that I don't have much faith in MCD putting too much into an already sold out gig. Look at that awful RnB support they had instead of Babymetal (which would have been a great spectacle) for RHCP in 2017, it's a fine example they don't care about crossing genres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

See I would normally agree here but if you look at The Killers at the RDS last year they had Franz Ferdinand.

Was a good catch.

But I reckon it'll be someone smaller like you said.

See I would normally agree here but if you look at The Killers at the RDS last year they had Franz Ferdinand.

Was a good catch.

But I reckon it'll be someone smaller like you said.

I'd take that as a saturation thing to be honest. Killers had played the 3arena less than a year before that gig so probably needed some extra pull. That was a quality line up though.

There 3Arena show wasnt a sell out tho(still an unreal gig tho) , Yea id be shocked if we got someone as good as RB as support :( Although the Black Keys supported them in Belfast in 2012 and pretty sure they did the 3Arena a day before or after the gig

Personally i like both ADTR and Frank Carter but i cant see either of them pushing sales up if they were announced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

There 3Arena show wasnt a sell out tho(still an unreal gig tho) , Yea id be shocked if we got someone as good as RB as support :( Although the Black Keys supported them in Belfast in 2012 and pretty sure they did the 3Arena a day before or after the gig

Personally i like both ADTR and Frank Carter but i cant see either of them pushing sales up if they were announced

It’s sold out afaik..

So no pressure on McD at all

I have two pitch A tickets for sale at cost price. Wedding the following day so can't go now. Thank feck the Belfast gig is a few days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think Frank and the Rattlesnakes are a good shout for support act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

I have two pitch A tickets for sale at cost price. Wedding the following day so can't go now. Thank feck the Belfast gig is a few days earlier.

Pm sent.

Advertisement