Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Liking the new additions to the setlist

Saw a kind of greatest hits setlist in Manchester last year. They done a love will tear us apart/Imagine/Jump/Blitzkrieg Bop Jam that night and a cover of under pressure with Hawkins on vocals

Looking forward to next week now

Hot milk and Frank Carter sound alright too

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Hey lads I’m selling two pitch 2 tickets if anyone is interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Many heading to the Belfast gif?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Many heading to the Belfast gif?

Me.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Currently Pitch 1 tickets up on TM if anyone is still trying to get them. They are resale tickets and you'll pay about a €15 premium with the usual TM added bullsh!t fees but it's still better than the previous Seatwave insane prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Heading to RDS next week, from Cork - cannot believe the boys are putting this gig on specially for my Birthday :D (let me dream...………) Seriously excited haven't seen them since 1997 at V97, Chelmsford, London. Every time they've played in Ireland I've not been able to go to wherever for some other reason. At last...…………….. what a perfect way to spend your birthday - I'm going to be jumping high when they play "Pretender" ………..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Judes wrote: »
    ...haven't seen them since 1997 at V97, Chelmsford

I was there :p

Lashing rain I remember, they were sandwiched by Placebo and The Prodigy I think

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Heading to RDS next week, from Cork - cannot believe the boys are putting this gig on specially for my Birthday :D (let me dream...………) Seriously excited haven't seen them since 1997 at V97, Chelmsford, London. Every time they've played in Ireland I've not been able to go to wherever for some other reason. At last...…………….. what a perfect way to spend your birthday - I'm going to be jumping high when they play "Pretender" ………..:P

My birthday too..it's definitely the reason the picked the 21st!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

The absence of Breakout on recent setlists is a downer :(

LilNiall wrote: »
    My birthday too..it's definitely the reason the picked the 21st!

Well happy birthday to you too twinnie :D

• Advertisement

Lashing rain I remember, they were sandwiched by Placebo and The Prodigy I think

I remember Placebo and the Prodigy but I also remember having to leave the Foo's a bit earlier than I wanted to see somebody who was clashing - for the love of me I can't remember who? V97 was a brill festival - and being able to get train home later just made it perfect. :D Mind you coach to/from Dublin from Cork is livable too. Unlike EP where I have to stay the weekend (thankfully Pink Moon) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The absence of Breakout on recent setlists is a downer :(

Ah well, you will get The Sky Is A Neighbourhood. Sigh....

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LilNiall

Well happy birthday to you too twinnie :D

A week early but thanks :) happy birthday for next Wednesday too. Enjoy The Foos!!!!

E-mail from Ticketmaster today - "This event is 16 years and over ONLY." I checked on the MCD site and it says, "Please be advised that the Foo Fighters concert in Belfast is an Over 16s event. With this, children below this age may be accompanied by a parent/guardian over the age of 25 years old." I hope we don't get any hassle at the gate. Our kids can't wait for the gig...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Penfailed wrote: »
    E-mail from Ticketmaster today - "This event is 16 years and over ONLY." I checked on the MCD site and it says, "Please be advised that the Foo Fighters concert in Belfast is an Over 16s event. With this, children below this age may be accompanied by a parent/guardian over the age of 25 years old." I hope we don't get any hassle at the gate. Our kids can't wait for the gig...

Are you accompanying and over 25?

Are you accompanying and over 25?

Yes. The Ticketmaster email contradicts the MCD website though...

Jesus pitch 2 would be awful but not too far from the stage but the prob is people literally with their backs to the stage not giving a **** what's going on. Obv would be the same in other areas

Not sure would Foos attract event junkies but sure a day out in Dublin and Learn to fly

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Penfailed wrote: »

I thought it was over 14s only, with under 16s being accompanied

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I remember Placebo and the Prodigy but I also remember having to leave the Foo's a bit earlier than I wanted to see somebody who was clashing - for the love of me I can't remember who? V97 was a brill festival - and being able to get train home later just made it perfect. :D Mind you coach to/from Dublin from Cork is livable too. Unlike EP where I have to stay the weekend (thankfully Pink Moon) :P

I wanted to reminisce and found the whole programme online!
    http://chelmsfordrocks.com/v97.html :)

v9723.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

showpony1 wrote: »
    Post Malone the next day is called golden circle.
    If I were paying for a golden circle I’d expect to be in a tiny pit right at stage - not an area that goes back half of the arena.
    In reality that area will be nearly half empty because the crowd in there will push up the front. You'll be able to stand comfortably about 10-15 metres from the band while everyone in pitch 2 is squeezed up against their barrier behind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

seamus wrote: »
    In reality that area will be nearly half empty because the crowd in there will push up the front. You'll be able to stand comfortably about 10-15 metres from the band while everyone in pitch 2 is squeezed up against their barrier behind you.

That’s exactly what my hope is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Not sure would Foos attract event junkies but sure a day out in Dublin and Learn to fly

What outdoor gig that has thousands through the gates not let in a percentage of event junkies. The promoters rely on them to push towards selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

I was there - can't remember the rain though.
    Foo fighters we're outstanding that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If anyones in the area it looks like theyre playing a secret gig in the Moth Club in London tonight.

adam240610 wrote: »
    I thought it was over 14s only, with under 16s being accompanied

Where did you see/hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

The Nal wrote: »
    If anyones in the area it looks like theyre playing a secret gig in the Moth Club in London tonight.

Or not so secret as the case may be !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Nal wrote: »

Wasn't exactly Foos in end think it was Dave, Rick Ashley (on drums) and someone else and only played about 5 songs.

A certain Thin Lizzy song appeared in the Glasgow setlist last night

Very underrated foo fighters song

https://youtu.be/j1qQuSuQaHY

Doubtful it will played live but never knw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Getting Foo Fighters off my bucket list on Wednesday, cannot wait. Should easily be the top gig by the end.

Advertisement