Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

Are trains and buses running later than usual to get people home? If the gig runs til 11pm it will be hard to get back into town in time for the last train or bus? Have checked online but can't really find anything. We'd like to get the train, but we're on the Maynooth line and are worried we migbt miss the last train and be stranded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Are trains and buses running later than usual to get people home? If the gig runs til 11pm it will be hard to get back into town in time for the last train or bus? Have checked online but can't really find anything. We'd like to get the train, but we're on the Maynooth line and are worried we migbt miss the last train and be stranded.

Doubt it. There’s usually a 10:30 curfew for RDS gigs too (which is probably ignored)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Doubt it. There’s usually a 10:30 curfew for RDS gigs too (which is probably ignored)

Foos 8:15 to 10:45 apparently is times tonight
    So push curfew by 15 and end on the dot

Going by Twitter there is a later train so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Flying Fox wrote: »

Dart from Sandymount at 23.34, gets you to Connolly for the last Maynooth service at 23.51 at platform 7.

Last bus is a 39 from UCD leaving at 23.00 (usually 39A but they're serving all 39 stops) it'll only take a couple of mins for it to get to Donnybrook so you'd want to be out of the RDS by 10.45 to walk up there. 10 min walk but it'll be slow with the crowds. If you've no hope of making that then head for the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Dart from Sandymount at 23.34, gets you to Connolly for the last Maynooth service at 23.51 at platform 7.

Last bus is a 39 from UCD leaving at 23.00 (usually 39A but they're serving all 39 stops) it'll only take a couple of mins for it to get to Donnybrook so you'd want to be out of the RDS by 10.45 to walk up there. 10 min walk but it'll be slow with the crowds. If you've no hope of making that then head for the train.

...or make your way to the exit as Everlong is starting to get ahead of the crowd.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Penfailed wrote: »
    ...or make your way to the exit as Everlong is starting to get ahead of the crowd.

Can't be leaving gigs early, I stay til the bitter end :D The train will have us covered

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

plenty of tickets for sale for tonights gig on toutless.ie for under the cost price (including mine unfortunately )

Cheerilee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

heretic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Where near O'Connell Street would I pick up some cheap ponchos? The cheapest of the cheap

Edit: Looks like Dealz do a twin pack for €1.50. Sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

Can't be leaving gigs early, I stay til the bitter end :D The train will have us covered

They normally get the last train to wait after concerts of this size

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

heretic!

Hahaha!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,585 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

unreal weather in galway biblical rain fk it mad 4 gig thought i was not going yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Yeah be ready for a wet one people!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoy all

Were in for a good show if there on fire like Manchester last year

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Can't possibly be worse than the weather at Slane...and that was still an epic gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Looks like its going to get pretty wet from 6 o'clock onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭pah

Are you insane???

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Does anybody know about parking near the venue is pembroke wanderers open or is the car park in the Aviva 24hr I can't find any info

• Registered Users Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭billyhead

colmufc wrote: »
    Does anybody know about parking near the venue is pembroke wanderers open or is the car park in the Aviva 24hr I can't find any info

You could park over at Ringsend and walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

is pembroke wanderers open

no its not as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Pembroke Wanderers isn't open tonight, called them yesterday.

No Pitch 1 upgrades available anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

DaveyDave wrote: »
    No Pitch 1 upgrades available anymore :(

I rang them this morning to say none :( was devastated have a few friends in pitch 1 while I am in Pitch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Some brave souls queuing already!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bus only leaving Waterford now so prob miss the first support

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Do Foo Fighters do posters like Pearl Jam & Metallica?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Do Foo Fighters do posters like Pearl Jam & Metallica?

Yup it’s on all their social media today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Oops, I suppose I could've just looked!

Looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

I just got myself a ticket here in work... no idea how I am getting home afterwards, but sure it could be worse :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Some brave souls queuing already!

That's mad! Do they think there are pit wristbands I wonder?

Only leaving work at 5pm, so it'll be a good 7pm before I make it to the RDS....the back of pitch 1'll suit me fine though.

Advertisement