Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Yea as much of a massive Foo's fan I am, I dont think we will ever get an album as good as Wasting Light again, the last few albums have been alright but at least there live shows make up for it 10 fold imo.

I also got an email from Ticketmaster this morning with Foo Fighters in the subject and got excited for a a gig announcement but it was just the album had been released.

The new album is too short and too tame. I'd still go and see them live for sure. They put on a great show.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I read about him after, basically he was a physio that travelled wherever you needed, instead of having a full time office. Nice lineup of former clients

https://www.remedy.online/entertainment
    Foo Fighters | Red Hot Chili Peppers | Marilyn Manson | Morrissey | Alice in Chains | Gerard Butler | Cuba Gooding Jnr | Billie Eilish | Hans Zimmer | Greta Van Fleet | Tom Holland

I’m pretty sure I went to school with that chap. At the concert I was sure I recognised him but now after looking at that link I’m even more sure it’s him especially with the part about him being a footballer. Nice chap back then, seems to never have changed.

Actually now that I googled him it is the lad I went to school with. Seems as though Jordan has him helping her now.. Poor lad 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭thebronze14

Penfailed wrote: »
    It's down there with Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace for me.
    Will have to give it a few more listens but I get what you are saying with this. A lot of the songs seem very uninspired like Echoes sadly. Echoes had a couple of real highlights though which the new album doesn't seem to have. The last album didn't grip me at the beginning but as time went on I appreciated it much more. Don't think it will though. Will end up with Sonic Highways as their weakest album for me

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Listening to it now, there are a couple of good tunes, and I'm sure it'll generally grow on me. Certainly a bit "lighter" than past efforts though. I think Wasting Light is the last real heavy album.

I discovered with Concrete & Gold that it's much better played super loud, but still just doesn't rock quite as much as classic Foos. C&G definitely had a "easy listening with rock guitars" vibe to it, and the new album seems to have gone even further in that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I do enjoy Sonic Highways and the series made about it was great

I'll give the new album a listen later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just had a listen through the album awhile ago, Its nothing like Wasting Light but im kinda liking it for what it is, different in a way but i dont hate it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

seamus wrote: »
    Listening to it now, there are a couple of good tunes, and I'm sure it'll generally grow on me. Certainly a bit "lighter" than past efforts though. I think Wasting Light is the last real heavy album.

I discovered with Concrete & Gold that it's much better played super loud, but still just doesn't rock quite as much as classic Foos. C&G definitely had a "easy listening with rock guitars" vibe to it, and the new album seems to have gone even further in that direction.

I do enjoy a good thread crossover! The most sane voice on one thread (I'm sure you know the one I mean) pops up on a completely different one and has decent taste in music, amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I listened to it today, I thought it wasn't bad. No Son of Mine is typical Foos and think it has a bit of a Motorhead vibe to it. I think that was sound really good live. I also liking Love Dies Young, I can appreciate the different sound to some songs but there's a part of me that just wants the typical FF style

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Ah Sonic Highways has its moments (Congregation, I am a River)....but yes, Wasting Light was the last really good album! Haven't listened to the new one yet, might give it a go this evening.
    seamus wrote: »

Good Grief has been in my Spotify top ten for the last 6 years! Take from that what you will. :)

Exhausted and X-Static make themselves known as well.

Advertisement