Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70 - Frequent "Exit Alarm" activations

Options
  • 19-11-2018 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I've a GSD i70 system where the alarm is going off very frequently right after I turn it on and leave the house. The sequence seems to be I enter the code, set to Full Set, the count down chime comes on and I go out the front door and close it. Often as I'm in the process of locking the front door, the alarm goes off and I have to go in again, deactivate it, and set it again when it may or may not go off again when I exit. The panel and app show the event as a "Hall PIR exit alarm", wondering if the movement of turning up the handle to lock the door is enough to set this off, as nothing else is moving in the hall? This is well within the count time to activate the alarm though so not sure why it'd go off, unless it stops the count down and enables the alarm as soon as the front door is closed?

Curiously the outside siren doesn't also go off (just the internal siren), which is a good thing in this case as I'd have driven the neighbours mad at this stage otherwise, but if there was a genuine intrusion would it go off?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have engineer access I would try disabling final door setting in timers.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KingCong

Cheers, don't have the engineer code but it's something I should get, will get back on to the installer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could try that or get him back to take a look at it. How long is it installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

KingCong wrote: »
    Cheers, don't have the engineer code but it's something I should get, will get back on to the installer.

Always good to have the engineer code off any system.

Advertisement