Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agency in East Meath/Drogheda

Options
  • 19-11-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm trying to arrange or really help my mother arrange home care. She's not that old but has Parkinson's. My Dad passed way almost two years ago after a very traumatic six month illness. Mum was visiting him in hospital alot and it took its toll on her. She lost over a stone which she couldn't afford to do. She's also give up driving. Since she lives in the country and we live in dublin it's hard for her to get to Dr, shops....

I'm looking for advice on agencies that operate in the East Meath/Drogheda (if rules allow or by PM). What questions I should be asking and what to look for, anything I haven't thought of.

Her care needs aren't that high.
    Driving, for Dr, Dentist, Shops...
    Help with getting a better diet so hopefully she gains some weight.
    Somebody to keep an eye on her (for her), she's had a few fall.
    Help with the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Hi,
    I'm trying to arrange or really help my mother arrange home care. She's not that old but has Parkinson's. My Dad passed way almost two years ago after a very traumatic six month illness. Mum was visiting him in hospital alot and it took its toll on her. She lost over a stone which she couldn't afford to do. She's also give up driving. Since she lives in the country and we live in dublin it's hard for her to get to Dr, shops....

I'm looking for advice on agencies that operate in the East Meath/Drogheda (if rules allow or by PM). What questions I should be asking and what to look for, anything I haven't thought of.

Her care needs aren't that high.
    Driving, for Dr, Dentist, Shops...
    Help with getting a better diet so hopefully she gains some weight.
    Somebody to keep an eye on her (for her), she's had a few fall.
    Help with the house.

The first thing you do is ask her to ask her GP to arrange for her to meet with her Public Health Nurse to discuss a home care package. She’s probably entitled to a home help at this stage. Is there a neighbor or relative looking out for her? If there is then this person might be open to caring for your mother in partnership with the home help and they could get Carers Allowance.
    You could even get in touch with the PHN yourself rather than go through the GP.
    Your mothers local Health Centre will give you contact details.

Advertisement