Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education vs susi grant

Options
  • 19-11-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi

I am thinking of going to do MSc (mature student) and would like to find out is it better to go for Back to school programme or apply for susi grant? School I am going to is recognized by both,

My question would be which grant is better and awarded quicker.

All suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

ani_mal wrote: »

I am thinking of going to do MSc (mature student) and would like to find out is it better to go for Back to school programme or apply for susi grant?

School I am going to is recognized by both,

My question would be which grant is better and awarded quicker.

All suggestions appreciated.

Here's my suggestion: in order to be eligible for an MSc you need to be capable of carrying out your own research and writing it up.

So how about carrying out your own research into the above and letting us know your findings, and we'll let you know whether you're right or wrong? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

hi squatter

I dont need to research much to have opinion about people like u.
    u must be really unhappy little person.
    People like u take all goodness and kindness out of people, so in future keep ur sarcastic comments to yourself and crawl underneath the stone u came from. No one wants to hear from people like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ttsnar

Hi, you can only get back to education for a Master in Education (Primary or Secondary

hi squatter

People like u take all goodness and kindness out of people, so in future keep ur sarcastic comments to yourself and crawl underneath the stone u came from. No one wants to hear from people like you.

I'm normally a helpful person, as a cursory examination of my many posts in this forum would easily confirm. But that would involve you doing a tiny bit of research - and you're not really interested in that sort of thing, are you? It's far easier to ask others to do the hard work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,471 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The poster is only asking a question. If you can't help them why give them so much grief about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

ttsnar wrote: »
    Hi, you can only get back to education for a Master in Education (Primary or Secondary

What this person said. BTEA is not possible at MSc level unless doing teaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

hi squatter

To be fair, he's not wrong. You'd expect someone at masters level (particularly an Msc) to be able to gather information, collate and digest it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

engiweirdo wrote: »
    To be fair, he's not wrong. You'd expect someone at masters level (particularly an Msc) to be able to gather information, collate and digest it themselves.

I think it’s more a case of the OP wanting to read some personal testimonies of candidates who’ve already gone through the experience of picking one over the other.
    In fairness, no one is obliged to reply, and no one has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

splinter65 wrote: »

I think it’s more a case of the OP wanting to read some personal testimonies of candidates who’ve already gone through the experience of picking one over the other.
    In fairness, no one is obliged to reply, and no one has.
    Fair enough.

From personal experience, BTEA definitely if you qualify. Its a no brainer, SUSI will pay fees anyway. It's a moot point anyway. BTEA wont be available for a masters outside of teaching, which is its own quandary. A bit of quick research would have gleaned this info though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Peter Denham

Fair enough.

From personal experience, BTEA definitely if you qualify. Its a no brainer, SUSI will pay fees anyway. It's a moot point anyway. BTEA wont be available for a masters outside of teaching, which is its own quandary. A bit of quick research would have gleaned this info though.

Not the case at all, you may be eligible for BTEA if you were accepted on life experience and do not hold a 3rd level qualification. Not too sharp on the research yourself.

Amazing how many people don't know that in this is forum, so in a way I kind of agree with you that you're better off researching yourself than seeking reliable information here.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    The poster is only asking a question. If you can't help them why give them so much grief about it?

That's an excellent question. The answer is that the OP ended his or her plea for assistance with the words "All suggestions appreciated" - hence I instantly knew that my constructive and germane suggestion would be appreciated.

Imagine my surprise when, instead of simply thanking me, the OP bared his or her teeth! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Peter Denham

Squatter wrote: »
    That's an excellent question. The answer is that the OP ended his or her plea for assistance with the words "All suggestions appreciated" - hence I instantly knew that my constructive and germane suggestion would be appreciated.

Imagine my surprise when, instead of simply thanking me, the OP bared his or her teeth! :eek:
    Seeing as every scrap of information in this forum is researchable then what's the point of it's existence?

Seeing as every scrap of information in this forum is researchable then what's the point of it's existence?

That's another one for our aspirant MSc to research!

Sadly, as I gave up studying metaphysics in second year, I can't be much of assistance.

Advertisement