Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New business VAT issues

Options
  • 19-11-2018 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all.

I'm currently researching the viability of a new business, however I have come across an obstacle.

It is mainly an online business, with the eventual plan to move into a retail premises.

The issue I'm having is I don't yet have the business registered either as a sole trader of limited company and as such I don't have a Vat number. The companies that would be supplying my product are mainly in mainland Europe and require a Vat number to deal with me. If I don't have a Vat number I cannot get access to price lists and manufacturing information required for me to find out if the business is viable.

I'm currently in full time employment, and would not be in a position to leave this for a year. I'm worried that if I set up too soon just to get access of price lists and what not that if it takes 2 years to get it up running I'm losing out time on grants and reliefs that are available.

Any advice on what to do about the Vat situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Just explain that you aren't vat registered yet and send them your pps as a tax number they're bound to deal with other non vat registered companies so should be familiar with it.

Advertisement